Somalis who dont have Somali friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you crazy if you find the right one they can be the best wing man/ wing women ever!
I see them as future potential hookup. If not then no....I really dont have interest in being friends with girls Im not interested. Having said that people use the word friend loosely. They call anyone they know or have mutual friends with a friend

I see them as future potential hookup. If not then no....I really dont have interest in being friends with girls Im not interested. Having said that people use the word friend loosely. They call anyone they know or have mutual friends with a friend

Okay

I lived in Stockholm in a suburb called Rinkeby (AKA little Mogadishu) until I was 10. The vast majority of my friends were either Somali or Turkish/MENA cos that was like 90% of the people that lived there. But then we moved to Australia and the city I live in has a small Somali community, so most my friends are non-Somalis now. I reckon its a bit more difficult to make Somali friends when you're older, most people hang out with childhood friends/cousins

This is pretty much what I was saying. Somali friends can be great if you've known each other as kids or there is some family link. Otherwise, best to keep them an arm's length apart and just as acquaintances. They'll most likely be talking behind your back, hating on your success, and worst plotting to snake you sometime down the road.

I have some Somali friends....mostly ones I've know since childhood. In my opinion, generally Somali's (esp guys) are really bland and talk about immediate things that don't really matter like community gossip, sports/football, weed, religion blah blah. These things just don't interest me that much. Obviously not all somali guys are like that but a huge chunk are from my experience.

Exactly this. But I'm sure our resident intellectual @sophisticate will deny and tell us about how many deep intellectually stimulating conversations she has had with random xalimos and abdis she has met about. :siilaanyolaugh:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Exactly this. But I'm sure our resident intellectual @sophisticate will deny and tell us about how many deep intellectually stimulating conversations she has had with random xalimos and abdis she has met about. :siilaanyolaugh:

I did. Abdis have been especially nice to me. :siilaanyosmile:Mash'Allah they were smart Reer Djibouti types. However, Somalis more generally have been cool. I don't have the patience for small talk. It's rather forced but I've learned to be conversationally dexterous and speak to a variety of audiences. :dabcasar:Let me reiterate this point. Like attracts like. And I gravitate to certain types of people, particularly those with unconventional ideas. And they come in the shade Somali, too.

I used to be that type of person who would try harder to befriend Somalis compared to ajnabis but now idc. Most Somalis i've tried to befriend in school especially were rude and disliked me for no reason.

Majority of my friends are ajnabis and I dont have a Somali friend I consistently speak to. #sorrynotsorry :)
Somali parents should teach their children manners.

I agree to an extent, I live my life quite different to most I have met. Most tend to be louder and crave drama and negativity which isn't something I entertain.

However I am friends with the few who I get along with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts