Somalis who dont have Somali friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I want to use anticushite / anticushitism in real life for the lolz, but that would expose me as an SSPOT troll. :lol:

That's a dead ringer.

Amharas and Kikuyus are the biggest anticushites out there.

I've experienced Somalophobia. :mugshotman: All because I don't conform to any stereotypes ( from ajnabis).

And from Somalis, for not being Somali enough. Even when I was an executive of the association in my uni (first time I met a lot of them in one place). :yacadiim: No pleasing anyone, but I still met some stellar Somali people because there were plenty and a wide variety. I liked those in the STEMs. Lol

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I disagree because as a Somali you could try to be friends with many Somalis and at the same time, they still shut you out and don't want to be friends with you.

I understand. Its best to select them wisely like you would most friends. Like attracts like. If you feel like certain ones aren't vibing with you, are very insular, rude or unnecessarily competitive its best to stay away. My point was to not allow them to cloud your thinking about Somalis, collectively. That's all.

I understand. Its best to select them wisely like you would most friends. Like attracts like. If you feel like certain ones aren't vibing with you, are very insular, rude or unnecessarily competitive its best to stay away. My point was to not allow them to cloud your thinking about Somalis collectively.
Yeah I don't generalize all Somalis to be like that. I still am a bit more open/accepting to other Somalis even though I don't base off of race/ethnicity when it comes to friends.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeah I don't generalize all Somalis to be like that. I still am a bit more open/accepting to other Somalis even though I don't base off of race/ethnicity when it comes to friends.

That's fine. :farmajoyaab: Generosity and reciprocity don't have a certain ethnic persuassion. Just surround yourself with people that are for you.

Having friends that are Somali and likeminded is great because it gives you some perspective and allows you to explore a similar repertoire of shared experiences that might be highly nuanced and particular to being Somali. Its not a requiste per se but it helps.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If you don't have Somali friends from a young age, it's not worth meeting them later in life or befriending them unless they are like extended family or a sub-sub-sub-sub-clan connection like your laf. They will snake you behind your back and wanting you to fail. Useless things that don't do much for you in the grand scheme of things like "Somali banter" vs the liabilities. I have seen so many kids with potential to do great things that were dragged down into the hole by their Somali "friends".

I beg to differ. I didn't have Somali friends at a young age. Mostly associated with family friends (that were Somali). I turned out fine, increased my cultural awareness, was in a student club that was Somali and made a decent group of friends. :farmajoyaab: The baseline requirement for friendship isn't just a shared ethnicity its much more than that.

Though I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:
Amharas and Kikuyus are the biggest anticushites out there.
The average Ethiopian holds no resentment and hatred towards Somalis, it's usually some upstart Somalis on the internet starting drama with them. But Kenyans and all other Madows seem to hold a deep-seated bitterness against us and insult us for no reason.
:gucciwhat:
My theory is that madows think we're too foreign, like some sort of black arabs that they can't really relate to as opposed to the "good" pan-African Ethiopians they worship.
:hillarybiz:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
When I moved I only had like 1 somali guy that was my age in my area. (My parents dropped me off At his crib randomly cause they thought I was hanging out with bad influences.)We were very good friends especially during middle school and high school.
But he was The Only one though. My interactions with my old child hood friends went down and I only saw them rarely on eid.

My cousins out of state I was able to visit during summers as my mom visited her mother and sister. So a few weeks every summer I was either in Cali, or Arizona.

A majority of my friends are non somali because I hung out with only a few Somalis as I got older. Recently though for the past year I have been in touch with my child hood friends a lot lately. We hang out every once in a awhile. Even my friends that moved out of state I been keeping in touch with. In fact I hung out with them over the summer.

I’m hopping back into the circle and It’s been chill.

I beg to differ. I didn't have Somali friends at a young age. Mostly associated with family friends (that were Somali). I turned out fine, increased my cultural awareness, was in a student club that was Somali and made a decent group of friends. :farmajoyaab: The baseline requirement for friendship isn't just a shared ethnicity its much more than that. I'm fond of the outliers.

I am honestly happy for your experiences, but it is my belief your circle is filled with outliers. Either you are saying this out of a blind sense of nationalism, or you are living in a bubble.

A large number of Somalis are malevolent to the bone. That is just facts.

When I moved I only had like 1 somali guy that was my age in my area. (My parents dropped me off At his crib randomly cause they thought I was hanging out with bad influences.)We were very good friends especially during middle school and high school.
But he was The Only one though. My interactions with my old child hood friends went down and I only saw them rarely on eid.

My cousins out of state I was able to visit during summers as my mom visited her mother and sister. So a few weeks every summer I was either in Cali, or Arizona.

A majority of my friends are non somali because I hung out with only a few Somalis as I got older. Recently though for the past year I have been in touch with my child hood friends a lot lately. We hang out every once in a awhile. Even my friends that moved out of state I been keeping in touch with. In fact I hung out with them over the summer.

I’m hopping back into the circle and It’s been chill.
What race are most of your friends?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I am honestly happy for your experiences, but it is my belief your circle is filled with outliers. Either you are saying this out of a blind sense of nationalism, or you are living in a bubble.

A large number of Somalis are malevolent to the bone. That is just facts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I used to be that type of person who would try harder to befriend Somalis compared to ajnabis but now idc. Most Somalis i've tried to befriend in school especially were rude and disliked me for no reason.

Majority of my friends are ajnabis and I dont have a Somali friend I consistently speak to. #sorrynotsorry :)
Somali parents should teach their children manners.
Well you dont speak Somali and dont get somali tradition. So its no wonder you dont get is Somalis. You are a SINO. Somali in name only

Well you dont speak Somali and dont get somali tradition. So its no wonder you dont get is Somalis. You are a SINO. Somali in name only
I don't need to speak Somali to be a Somali person you dumbass. Why are you 30 years old picking on Somali youth for not speaking Somali as if it's my fault I wasn't raised in a Somali society. Grow up

You're judging my Somali when you can't even speak English right living in a Western country you uneducated fob. Get deported

I don't need to speak Somali to be a Somali person you dumbass. Why are you 30 years old picking on Somali youth for not speaking Somali as if it's my fault I wasn't raised in a Somali society. Grow up and leave me alone

You're judging my Somali when you can't even speak English right living in a Western country you uneducated fob. Get deported
Im not 30 and you dont like to be told the truth. All I did was give the truth. If everyone is rude and dislike you. The logical thing is take a look at yourself. Instead you claim its everyone that has problem. Anyway I gave you the truth. Up to you what you do with it:manny:

Im not 30 and you dont like to be told the truth. All I did was give the truth. If everyone is rude and dislike you. The logical thing is take a look at yourself. Instead you claim its everyone that has problem. Anyway I gave you the truth. Up to you what you do with it:manny:
If your truth means bullying people for not speaking Somali when they weren't born and raised in Somalia then you got it twisted. Go get deported you illegal fob :cool:

If your truth means bullying people for not speaking Somali when they weren't born and raised in Somalia then you got it twisted. Go get deported you illegal fob :cool:
What somali person say to other somalis get deported? You said yourself you have no interest in learning somali. So if you are not making any effort and you dont seem to understand somalis and their way. Then you are somali in name only. Its not bulying......its the truth. But instead you decided to call everyone else rude and other names. Maybe you are super unlucky and just keep meeting bad people. But logic says if you dont get along with people you meet.....eventually you need to look at yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending