Somalis regarded as Arabs in the 1841 Aden population census

In addition, at one point Somalis made up almost 20% of the population of the city. We have had massive influence in Yemen for the past 300 years that is overlooked not only by foreigners but by Somalis as well

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1928.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 191
That report possibly referred to the banadiri community. The benadiri community originated from "mercantile urban communities" established by migrants from the Arabian Peninsula who settled along the southern coast of Somalia and built stone towns for defence and trade. It didn't include the nomadic clans(Isaaq, Darood, Hawiye, Dir) who falsely claimed to have genealogical traditions of descent from Arab Sheikhs. Somalis don't have Arab heritage or descent. Somalis are not Arabs. That myth was already debunked and intellectually refuted. The banadiri community would often travel to Yemen for knowledge and trade. Most Yemenis tend to marry those from the banadiri community due to strong cultural and historical links.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
That report possibly referred to the banadiri community. The benadiri community originated from "mercantile urban communities" established by migrants from the Arabian Peninsula who settled along the southern coast of Somalia and built stone towns for defence and trade. It didn't include the nomadic clans(Isaaq, Darood, Hawiye, Dir) who falsely claimed to have genealogical traditions of descent from Arab Sheikhs. Somalis don't have Arab heritage or descent. Somalis are not Arabs. That myth was already debunked and intellectually refuted. The banadiri community would often travel to Yemen for knowledge and trade. Most Yemenis tend to marry those from the banadiri community due to strong cultural and historical links.
In addition, at one point Somalis made up almost 20% of the population of the city. We have had massive influence in Yemen for the past 300 years that is overlooked not only by foreigners but by Somalis as well
Both of you can go to hell

Your anti Somali agenda is so clear it’s not even funny. The Somalis inhabiting Aden were mostly merchants of Isaaq and Darood background as mentioned in the source. Our close proximity to Aden is the reason for this. Ciise also had a sizeable population there as well

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 83
Your anti Somali agenda is so clear it’s not even funny. The Somalis inhabiting Aden were mostly merchants of Isaaq and Darood background as mentioned in the source. Our close proximity to Aden is the reason for this. Ciise also had a sizeable population there as well
@HabarSteven12 why don’t you refute my source instead of downvoting you coward stop spreading misinformation about my forefathers. You are just as bad as the hoteps you complain about

Your anti Somali agenda is so clear it’s not even funny. The Somalis inhabiting Aden were mostly merchants of Isaaq and Darood background as mentioned in the source. Our close proximity to Aden is the reason for this
I am not anti-Somali. Fear Allah and stop assassinating my character. I know Sacad Muse would travel from Berbera to Aden for trade and Islamic knowledge. That claim is plausible due to the geographical proximity between both coastal towns. But the extent of Somali presence, particularly from the nomadic clans you are asserting in Yemen, is overexaggerated and taken out of context. The overwhelming majority of clans that had a strong presence in Yemen hailed from the reer xamar, ashraf and Banu Qahtan clans. The banadiri community has always had strong cultural, religious and trade ties with Yemen since antiquity. You need to put things into context.

I am not anti-Somali. Fear Allah and stop assassinating my character. I know Sacad Muse would travel from Berbera to Aden for trade and Islamic knowledge. That claim is plausible due to the geographical proximity between both coastal towns. But the extent of Somali presence, particularly from the nomadic clans you are asserting in Yemen, is overexaggerated and taken out of context. The overwhelming majority of clans that had a strong presence in Yemen hailed from the reer xamar, ashraf and Banu Qahtan clans. The banadiri community has always had strong cultural, religious and trade ties with Yemen since antiquity. You need to put things into context.
If that was the case, then the source "Somalis in Aden" would mention that. However, it does not. As for your first claim, stop minimizing it to a specific subclan of HA. Sacad muse alongside plenty other Isaaq subclans had presence in Aden its recorded in the source I provided. Your comment about our presence being overrepresented is also untrue, because in the same source it provided censuses that took place over the course of several years denoting the precise number of Somalis residing in Aden in respect to the total population. Please don't speak on what you dont know as a non reer cadmeed, you're embarrassing yourself. And you outright denying that is laughable and shows where your intentions lie.

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 52

World

VIP
Can you not read that 1000 Somalis left seasonally to the Berbera fair?

Since when did Reer Xamars live in Northern Somalia lol

@Al Adnani Your source says ‘A census taken in 1841 unfortunately included the Somalis in the total of the Arab population in Aden’, acknowledging that Somalis were wrongly counted as Arabs.

This surely doesn’t help your agenda of Somalis being Arabs. Nice try tho :umad:

Bro this guy has a clear agenda. The entire source is about reer waqooyi clans and their presence in Aden and this loser is waffling about cadcads. Bro literally attributes everything to cadcads by default without even doing prior research its pathetic he is a hotep

l
The post is clearly talking about Northern Somalis. Their are no Reer Xamaris there. Also, a good % of Reer Xamaris are of Persian and Pakistani stock as DNA testing illustrates.

That was a terrible attempt at trolling btw. Anyone that knows anything about Somalis and their history in the Arab world will tell you, Northerners who are all ethnic Somalis had a strong presence in the Arabic world in the 18th century and till this day, most Somali expats in the Arab world are indeed mostly Northern. Most Somalis with UAE, Saudi and the like passports are all mostly…..Northern. Not Reer Xamaris.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

We are nomads, anything and everything we every did, we didn’t actually do. We wouldn’t know what 2 bricks stacked together looked like if it hit us in the face///s
:deadmanny:

@Al Adnani Your source says ‘A census taken in 1841 unfortunately included the Somalis in the total of the Arab population in Aden’, acknowledging that Somalis shouldn’t have been counted as Arabs.

This surely doesn’t help your Somalis being Arab agenda :umad:
He said that because it made it harder to precisely pinpoint the Somali population in Aden since we were conflated with the ethnic Yemeni population. In later censuses Yemenis (natives) and Somalis (outsiders) were counted separately.

l

The post is clearly talking about Northern Somalis. Their are no Reer Xamaris there. Also, a good % of Reer Xamaris are of Persian and Pakistani stock as DNA testing illustrates.

That was a terrible attempt at trolling btw. Anyone that knows anything about Somalis and their history in the Arab world will tell you, Northerners who are all ethnic Somalis had a strong presence in the Arabic world in the 18th century and till this day, most Somali expats in the Arab world are indeed mostly Northern. Most Somalis with UAE, Saudi and the like passports are all mostly…..Northern. Not Reer Xamaris.
I made a very similar comment above with a source provided and @Qeelbax qashin'd me

If that was the case, then the source "Somalis in Aden" would mention that. However, it does not. As for your first claim, stop minimizing it to a specific subclan of HA. Sacad muse alongside plenty other Isaaq subclans had presence in Aden its recorded in the source I provided. You outright denying that is laughable and shows where your intentions lie.
You lack reading comprehension. I acknowledge your first assertion about the Reer Isaaq presence in Aden. That point is plausible due to geographical proximity and the strong trade ties between both coastal towns. My main issue with you is your false assertion that Somali merchants of Isaaq and Darood ancestry were the majority in Aden. That is not the case. My grandmother was raised in Aden for most of her childhood. There was a strong presence of the Bandairi community in Yemen, particularly Sanaa and Aden. Benadiris did identify as Somali when inquired about their country of origin and nationality by Yemenis. There was a strong presence of the Ashraf clan in Aden.

You lack reading comprehension. I acknowledge your first assertion about the Reer Isaaq presence in Aden. That point is plausible due to geographical proximity and the strong trade ties between both coastal towns. My main issue with you is your false assertion that Somali merchants of Isaaq and Darood ancestry were the majority in Aden. That is not the case. My grandmother was raised in Aden for most of her childhood. There was a strong presence of the Bandairi community in Yemen, particularly Sanaa and Aden. Benadiris did identify as Somali when inquired about their country of origin and nationality by Yemenis. There was a strong presence of the Ashraf clan in Aden.
“Most merchants belonged to the Habar awal clan, who like most of the Somali at Aden were members of the Isxaaq clan-family.” After Isaaqs, Harti darood were the 2nd most represented clan in Aden. As you can see all these clans mentioned are of nomadic background and resided in northern coastal cities by the gulf of Aden, explaining their presence in the city.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 44

Trending