Somalis in D1 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our closest is 209 cm or 6’10 Mohamed Abukar born in San Diego. Nigga was the only 17 year old highschooler to play on the USA under 18 basketball World Cup. That team had Carmelo Anthony and more in it He played 4 years in college but went un drafted in 2007. He’s been playin overseas for a while now.

Attachments

• 483C6230-7CBD-4EC5-9763-1895F5547223.jpeg
    483C6230-7CBD-4EC5-9763-1895F5547223.jpeg
    531.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 6B026720-FD00-4104-9595-D914AB6861AD.jpeg
    6B026720-FD00-4104-9595-D914AB6861AD.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 178
  • AA184012-34C1-450E-979D-EDD138704F87.jpeg
    AA184012-34C1-450E-979D-EDD138704F87.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 157

World

VIP
Our closest is 209 cm or 6’10 Mohamed Abukar born in San Diego. Nigga was the only 17 year old highschooler to play on the USA under 18 basketball World Cup. That team had Carmelo Anthony and more in it He played 4 years in college but went un drafted in 2007. He’s been playin overseas for a while now.
He looks very athletic for someone at that height, compared to the guy in picture 3 of the OP who looks like a stick lmao.

Tukraq

VIP
He looks very athletic for someone at that height, compared to the guy in picture 3 of the OP who looks like a stick lmao.
sahib you don't need to be muscular for the NBA lol, this isn't the nfl
909902058.jpg.0.jpg

2cdc9131bf7b6506244e03f834dbcd05-original.jpg

img_3618.jpg

oklahoma-city-forward-kevin-durant.jpg

its all about skill and height, and we have both in our genetics lol

World

VIP
sahib you don't need to be muscular for the NBA lol, this isn't the nfl
909902058.jpg.0.jpg

2cdc9131bf7b6506244e03f834dbcd05-original.jpg

img_3618.jpg

oklahoma-city-forward-kevin-durant.jpg

its all about skill and height, and we have both in our genetics lol
I did not say you have to be super muscular, but you do of course have to be very athletic.

It’s not just skill and height lmao. If that were the case, then why is 75 % of the NBA black when they only make up 12 % of the population? They have an athletic edge which is why they are overrepresented.

Tukraq

VIP
I did not say you have to be super muscular, but you do of course have to be very athletic.

It’s not just skill and height lmao. If that were the case, then why are 3/4 of the NBA black when they only make up 12 % of the population?
they have height and are highly skilled, cadaans don't have any skill at tall heights and can barely dribble

Mohamed abukar is half black apparently his dad is Somali and his mom african american. Makes sense considering he’s 33 and is born the states.

World

VIP
they have height and are highly skilled, cadaans don't have any skill at tall heights and can barely dribble
Skill is something that can be taught, you can learn how to shoot 3s or dribble a ball, but what can’t be taught is athletic ability and height.

Height, again white Americans are the same height if not slightly taller than black Americans.

But in sports like basketball, black Americans have a genetic athletic advantage.

Somalis can have height, and can have skill, but they lack the athletic ability to make it pro.

Tukraq

VIP
Skill is something that can be taught, you can learn how to shoot 3s or dribble a ball, but what can’t be taught is athletic ability and height.

Height, again white Americans are the same height if not slightly taller than black Americans.

But in sports like basketball, black Americans have a genetic athletic advantage.

Somalis can have height, and can have skill, but they lack the athletic ability to make it pro.
watch more basketball sahib you can't teach those skills white people lol their too stiff and uncoordinated, its not something just anybody can learn, also athleticism isn't as important in basketball, maybe back in the 90s

World

VIP
watch more basketball sahib you can't teach those skills white people lol their too stiff and uncoordinated, its not something just anybody can learn, also athleticism isn't as important in basketball, maybe back in the 90s
If that were the case, then Zion Williams wouldn’t be the first likely pick for the 2019 NBA draft.

It’s not just skill and height lmao. If that were the case, then why is 75 % of the NBA black when they only make up 12 % of the population? They have an athletic edge which is why they are overrepresented.
Whites are less athletic is easy to find black short 5'10 dunker compare to white. go to your local neighborhood gym the best players are always short faster better handles tall guys have shitty handles are slower and usually shitty three pointer even though they like to be a point guard:pachah1:.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Don’t place your hope on any Somali making into the NBA because in large part we are genetically ill disposed to such a strength. The same way that West Africans (West African in origin) dominate the sprints. Usain Bolt can never run with the East Africans in the long distances. Why! Simply put he is genetically different.

In terms of basketball, the reason a GEELJJRE has no chance is that the NBA (D1) is fast paced game. The body has to have huge muscles. The issue with that with a Somali is he can get the muscles but due to his chicken lower legs he is certainly will snap them in a game. Just like Faisal did (WSU). That Faisal dude was the WSU scoring leader. He had more points then Klay. However, he grew some muscle and his body couldn’t tolerate that in a split second twist of his body. He snapped his ACL so bad that the doctor told him to quit playing at a high level or we’ll amputate you.

Somalis don’t have the genes to make it in pro basketball I think

In a country of 327 million, Somalis only make up 135k.

So don’t be surprised that hardly any Somalis make it to D1, I’m surprised there are a few actually. Genetics and population size is working against us.
My family is pretty tall my dad is 6’1 . I’m on the lean side and (198 cm ) 6’6 barefoot my older brother is 6’2 but his build is different because he can put on weight easier and goes to the gym. I’d actually prefer his height and physique, Rather my lanky build. I have female relatives who are about (180 cm) 5’11 5’10.

Don’t place your hope on any Somali making into the NBA because in large part we are genetically ill disposed to such a strength. The same way that West Africans (West African in origin) dominate the sprints. Usain Bolt can never run with the East Africans in the long distances. Why! Simply put he is genetically different.

In terms of basketball, the reason a GEELJJRE has no chance is that the NBA (D1) is fast paced game. The body has to have huge muscles. The issue with that with a Somali is he can get the muscles but due to his chicken lower legs he is certainly will snap them in a game. Just like Faisal did (WSU). That Faisal dude was the WSU scoring leader. He had more points then Klay. However, he grew some muscle and his body couldn’t tolerate that in a split second twist of his body. He snapped his ACL so bad that the doctor told him to quit playing at a high level or we’ll amputate you.
That’s facts people stay asking me why I don’t play college ball, and that’s cause these niggas are built like tanks. I stay telling niggas The only way Somalis will make D1 or NBA is if they are Lights out sharp shooters from the 3 point line.

My family is pretty tall my dad is 6’1 . I’m on the lean side and (198 cm ) 6’6 barefoot my older brother is 6’2 but his build is different because he can put on weight easier and goes to the gym. I’d actually prefer his height and physique, Rather my lanky build. I have female relatives who are about (180 cm) 5’11 5’10.

My Dad is 6'0 but my mom is 5'1'' and I ended up being 5'9'' smh. All of the men in my dad's family are 6 foot+ but my mom's family is hella short and it cancelled out on my ass

I got scammed. I would have been LeAbdi James:mjkkk:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That’s facts people stay asking me why I don’t play college ball, and that’s cause these niggas are built like tanks. I stay telling niggas The only way Somalis will make D1 or NBA is if they are Lights out sharp shooters from the 3 point line.

Keep in mind that the African-American is purposefully bred through generation to generation throughout the slavery days. Same way racing horses have been bred.

How on earth can a centuries free roaming Farah think he can compete with them

Keep in mind that the African-American is purposefully bred through generation to generation throughout the slavery days. Same way racing horses have been bred.

How on earth can a centuries free roaming Farah think he can compete with them
The black Americans and Caribbean blacks are the genetically fit because only the strong genetics survived for 400 years. So if they were weak during slavery they would die and only the good genes would make it to the next offspring. But most American blacks got some white in them so that’s probably why they not all physically athletic.

Tukraq

VIP
If that were the case, then Zion Williams wouldn’t be the first likely pick for the 2019 NBA draft.
who's the rookie of the year this year? a unathletic white guy, athleticism isn't needed in the NBA which is why I think guys like Westbrook suck and are overrated when unathletic guys like this even make it farther in the playoffs
upload_2019-6-9_17-37-56.jpeg

who's the rookie of the year this year? a unathletic white guy, athleticism isn't needed in the NBA which is why I think guys like Westbrook suck and are overrated when unathletic guys like this even make it farther in the playoffsView attachment 73869
Bro he’s 7 foot I never seen a 7 foot Somali nigga. On top of that this guy Jokic is the greatest passing big man with the Highest basketball IQ and He’s extremely skilled he can shoot and play the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending