Somalis Canadians have not established any relationship with the federal Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Somali Minister.

But they are the darlings of Ontario provincial Liberals. We are the most pampered ethnic community in Ontario but the most invisible ethnic group federally. We are not known in federal parliament.

Ahmed Hussen will create that federal Liberal relationship now but what the hell have the community been doing for 2 decades?

Somalis are only interested in their community and social services and getting money for their community centres and neighborhood initiatives.

They wasted more than 25 years in getting influence in local politics. They made no effort at the national level.

The Somali community has work to do and I hope Majerteen and Isa can see the bigger picture now. They screwed up big.

I am disappointed Ahmed Hussen didn't get a cabinet position but this is largely his fault for limiting himself and his community for 2 decades to local politics.

I am quite disappointed.

The only reason why the former foreign minister knew the Somali community was because he was also minister and MP in Ontario legislature. If he was not there his senior staffer would never have been Somali.

Today was an eye opener. We have failed. We have more work to do. We need to double our efforts. Focus now in Ottawa for the next 4 years. We have to go easy on the local politic bootyclapping .We went maximum there

Sultana

On Hiatus
Well the provincial parliament is in Toronto, the federal parliament is in Ottawa

:diddyswag:

And why those two tribes in specific? I get MJs, but Issa...?

MJs and Issa are the ones who are the most active in getting exposure for us.

But the Issa and MJs in Ottawa have been only lobbying the Ontario Liberals. They never focused on getting us exposure federally. Were they intimidated? What was the issue?

Safari community newsletter is owned by a Issa guy who gets liberal funding and is fiercly anti Ghelleh and calls for Somaliweyne.

So I don't know what you mean they don't consider themselves Somalis.

I've noticed Djibouti youth in Ottawa speak way better Somali than the Somalia/land youth.

Sultana

On Hiatus
I've also only met a few, so that's why I was surprised that AJ mentioned them. They don't really live in Toronto.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Safari community newsletter is owned by a Issa guy who gets liberal funding and is fiercly anti Ghelleh and calls for Somaliweyne.

So I don't know what you mean they don't consider themselves Somalis.

I've noticed Djibouti youth in Ottawa speak way better Somali than the Somalia/land youth.
I dunno what Safari community newsletter is so no comment on that

As for your comment on who speaks the best Somali :comeon:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Indians got 3 ministerial positions, two of them Sikhs. They seem to be working the system pretty well compared to us.
Hopefully Ahmed will get Somalia more funding from CIDA.

Indians got 3 ministerial positions, two of them Sikhs. They seem to be working the system pretty well compared to us.
Hopefully Ahmed will get Somalia more funding from CIDA.

19 Indian MPs, all but one are Sikh. We can learn from them.

We should aim for 3 Somali MPs elected in the next election. It's very possible. All Liberals in Somali areas

19 Indian MPs, all but one are Sikh. We can learn from them.

We should aim for 3 Somali MPs elected in the next election. It's very possible. All Liberals in Somali areas

Is there any metropolitan area in Canada with high Ogaden population? Some random riding (is that what you call them?) in Calgary perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending