Somalis Canadians have not established any relationship with the federal Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any metropolitan area in Canada with high Ogaden population? Some random riding (is that what you call them?) in Calgary perhaps?

Edmonton Centre, Edmonton Greisbach and Edmonton Manning has lots of Somalis, mostly Ogaden & Sheikhaal. Ogaden and Sheikhaal are the majority in Edmonton but are all new immigrants. I know the Liberal who won Edmonton Centre got all these Somalis voting for him. Many Somali businesses had his signs in their windows. He had a few Somalis helping him in his campaign and told all the Somalis there his party will increase Somali immigration. Lol. I guess it's true.

There's not a lot of Somalis in Calgary. Less than 5,000. And most have been in Canada since the early 90s; they are not new like Edmonton Somalis.

There's Ogadens everywhere but they are only large in Edmonton and Fort McMurray (also the largest here)

Edmonton Centre, Edmonton Greisbach and Edmonton Manning has lots of Somalis, mostly Ogaden & Sheikhaal. Ogaden and Sheikhaal are the majority in Edmonton but are all new immigrants. I know the Liberal who won Edmonton Centre got all these Somalis voting for him. Many Somali businesses had his signs in their windows. He had a few Somalis helping him in his campaign and told all the Somalis there his party will increase Somali immigration. Lol. I guess it's true.

There's not a lot of Somalis in Calgary. Less than 5,000. And most have been in Canada since the early 90s; they are not new like Edmonton Somalis.

There's Ogadens everywhere but they are only large in Edmonton and Fort McMurray (also the largest here)

Damn, so I have to wait another 20 years for all these recent OG arrivals to not be complete hicks?

Damn, so I have to wait another 20 years for all these recent OG arrivals to not be complete hicks?

The Somalis in Edmonton are not politically organized like in Ontario. They are in ESL classes at the moment and getting their drivers licenses

Edmonton has since surpassed Ottawa in having the second largest Somali community in the country though. Ottawa's Somali population has vanished, gone for Alberta and Toronto.

It won't be long before they surpass Ottawa in organizing themselves. They are well behind Ottawa at the moment in that area

The Somalis in Edmonton are not politically organized like in Ontario. They are in ESL classes at the moment and getting their drivers licenses

the Ogadenian dream is perpetually on hold because of neverending waves of qaxootis keeping the culture in stasis

as long as the avg Ogadeni in the west is an emancipated fob, we will never progress as a people

damn you Islii and f*ck you immigration

the Ogadenian dream is perpetually on hold because of neverending waves of qaxootis keeping the culture in stasis

as long as the avg Ogadeni in the west is an emancipated fob, we will never progress as a people

damn you Islii and f*ck you immigration

I don't like being a clannist but I fear the new K5/NFD/Eastleigh Somalis are taking us back in what we achieved. They don't make an effort in integrating like the Somalis in the 80s/90s did. They are very conservative

They've also flooded Edmonton with khat.

I only saw one guy chewing garaabo in Ottawa.

But its widespread in Edmonton. Every other person is a garaabo chewer.

And also homelessness and hard drug use in the Somali community is an issue in Alberta. I just saw a random homeless Somali lady yesterday. And a drug addict Somali woman in her 40s a week ago. We did not have this issue back in Ottawa.

I don't know how the new Somalis have more issues than the previous Somalis when we fled from war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending