Somalis back home don’t like diaspora

They could enact a law that stipulates you have to be a resident for a number of years to run for office or buy land.
Unfortunately, family name and tribe can hold more weight than this.

My grandfather held a seat in the Senate in Somaliland, and that seat has been passed down to one of his sons when he passed away. They live in Boroma and didn't want it, so its been passed down to a distant relative. I was specifically told that any of my brothers who live in Canada can easily come and claim that seat, simply due to lineage. Sounds wack, but it is what it is.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

My grandfather held a seat in the Senate in Somaliland, and that seat has been passed down to one of his sons when he passed away. They live in Boroma and didn't want it, so its been passed down to a distant relative. I was specifically told that any of my brothers who live in Canada can easily come and claim that seat, simply due to lineage. Sounds wack, but it is what it is.
Samaroon?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
They see us as something to boast about. Whenever I go back my cousins would call in the whole xaafad and make me talk in English

Easier life? I disagree lol. Places like Boroma and Hargeisa have such low crime rates, living in the western world is far more dangerous. The expenses of living in the West is way way higher too. Not to mention a lot of the locals live off money being sent to them from westerners who have careers.

That's the perception people think Somalis in western countries get Caydh and benefits for sitting around doing nothing. They believe money grows on trees free education free health etc ...

By all means living standards and opportunities in the west are better than anywhere in Somalia especially when the average monthly Salary is like 150 -250$

somalia lives off remittances. them niggas are screwed when the new generation of ciyaal who cant speak a word of somali dont send a dime.
I don’t even have those remittance apps on my phone.
I’m definitely not sending a penny for somebody to live like kings in Africa while I slave in America.

truth is people here are lazy go to any supermarket store in Hargeisa you will see the cashier sitting on the chair watching tiktok videos and the other employes chatting instead of cleaning the store and taking care of all the dust on top of the items

the only hardworkers are the people who work in construction,painting,handyman etc but people look down on those jobs they want to sit in a office

Exactly, people back home are lazy af. They don’t want to do sh$t and consider blue collar jobs like construction, electrician below them. I don’t really feel bad for them. They need to work and be more like Indians and Mexicans. Their not like gulf Emirates who have slaves to do their jobs. They need to humble themselves fr :stopit:

Let them bask in their kibir, the next generation aint sending a dime, so they better be prepared to sink or swim

Speak for yourself Im for sure sending little sumn to the big booty caashas back home so when a nigga

comes for a visit I will be greeted with some warm malab :banderas::trumpsmirk:

Most of seats in Guurtida is passed on to sons or relatives since there was no elections in upper house SL from 1993 but there is talks to hold one next year and hopefully passing on seats in the parliament would end JSL if elections are held in their times instead of postponement

I agree 100% in that diaspora should absolutely not be getting low level or mid level political/government jobs, locals can do those jobs. High level political jobs is understanable as those skills are rare to find locally. Any-who Diasporas should be CREATING jobs for others not sucking up the little government positions there are.

Having said that, without the diaspora the Somali economy would simply collapse overnight. They don't need to be present in the country to contribute, which they already do through remittances.

truth is people here are lazy go to any supermarket store in Hargeisa you will see the cashier sitting on the chair watching tiktok videos and the other employes chatting instead of cleaning the store and taking care of all the dust on top of the items

the only hardworkers are the people who work in construction,painting,handyman etc but people look down on those jobs they want to sit in a office

This is what struck me the most about visiting Somalia, just the utter laziness & arrogance of people. I have friend whose family owns a hotel in Hargeisa and they hire Indians (who doesn't speak english/somali!) and Kenyans to do the housework/cooking/cleaning as its very hard to find local workers who can stay on the job for more than a month.

They all simply want to sit in the reception and as you said, get paid by surfing the web all day.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
The locals are lazy focks. I have heard of a few people who have poured their life savings there to start a business only for their workers, who for some reason have to be from your clan, demand payment and khat before they even start doing any work, which they don't do. Not to mention the locals will try to xoog your land or assets and because they said "wallahi ana leh" and have fake paperwork, the "judge" will pause the issue and drag it out for years. The locals aren't innocent. Many are terrible people.

Trending

Latest posts