Somalis aren't the only ones

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
This hairline/big forehead trait that drags only somalis is actually more pronounced in Nilotics. Other Cushites have it too but to a lesser extent.

1628266927314.png

1628267705245.png

1628267845064.png

1628267900681.png

1628268050584.png

1628268130233.png

Last edited:
I know but most people don't know that and Bantus are heavily present in east Africa nowadays

Yes, I agree that most people aren't aware about the history and dynamics of group movements in East Africa, however, we're discussing what is inherent to the region and that's not contingent on perception or common knowledge..

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Nilotics are like hybrid Cushites with Bantu admixture lol

Nilotics are like hybrid Cushites with Bantu admixture lol

No, we're not.

Nilotics in South Sudan have 20% Niger-Congo genes, but our proto-Nilotic ancestors without this admixture were not Cushites; the proto-Nilotes and the Cushites have a common ancestor but we are not descendants of Cushites.

We are a stand-alone population -- and an old one at that.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
No, we're not.

Nilotics in South Sudan have 20% Niger-Congo genes, but our proto-Nilotic ancestors without this admixture were not Cushites; the proto-Nilotes and the Cushites have a common ancestor but we are not descendants of Cushites.

We are a stand-alone population -- and an old one at that.
Cushites are actually a by-product of proto Nilotic and Eurasians but that mixed occurred over 10 thousand years ago.

Cushites are actually a by-product of proto Nilotic and Eurasians but that mixed occurred over 10 thousand years ago.

I read that Cushites existed prior to any admixture with either Eurasians and proto-Nilotes and that those particular Cushites have common ancestry with pro-Nilotes.

The proto-Nilotic admixture in Cushites can't be older than 5k years old.

ShockingJubilantAdouri-size_restricted.gif

it's our trademark, and anyone who doesn't have it is a non-native .

tenor.gif
It's not that simple. Remember that North-East Africans also carry high amounts of MENA Ancestry. Therefore, some North-East Africans will have completely Caucasoid Skulls and have no Black African traits like Bulbous/pronounced foreheads etc.

Here's some examples:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's not that simple. Remember that North-East Africans also carry high amounts of MENA Ancestry. Therefore, some North-East Africans will have completely Caucasoid Skulls and have no Black African traits like Bulbous/pronounced foreheads etc.

Here's some examples:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A prominent forehead is not a universal 'Black African' trait. I've noticed you have a tendency to group them all together without much differentiation and I sort of wonder if it's because you're a MENA emphasis on the NA-phile. If anything among various West African populations they barely have foreheads with little to no presence of protrusion.

I digress, this isn't a trait I possess it's more of a stereotype and not exactly universal among Horners.

I don't think that's true

I'll try to find the source on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Omotic the oldest Afro-Asiatic branch? Omotics don't seem to have substantial Eurasian introgression and are likely representative of what the first Cushites looked like.

Last edited:
A prominent forehead is not a universal 'Black African' trait. I've noticed you have a tendency to group them all together without much differentiation and I sort of wonder if it's because you're a MENA emphasis on the NA-phile. If anything among various West African populations they barely have foreheads with little to no presence of protrusion.

I digress, this isn't a trait I possess it's more of a stereotype and not exactly universal among Horners.
I should've been more specific in regards to the type of Black African group this racial trait is most prevalent which are East Africans, but I have seen West Africans with that forehead trait IRL.

Also I agree it's a very prevalent stereotype for Somalis to the point were they question your "nativeness" if you don't have that racial trait.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I'll try to find the source on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Omotic the oldest Afro-Asiatic branch? Omotics don't seem to have substantial Eurasian introgression and are likely representative of what the first Cushites looked like.
Ancient omotics were native east Africans. When Cushites began migrating to the east, some started to mix with omotics and nilotics living in east Africa. Omotics most likely borrowed their afro asiatic language from Cushites. So omotics aren't the oldest afro asiatic race because they inherited some the Eurasian DNA they carry from Cushites.

Trending

Latest posts