Somalis are the most hated group in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad we're not more like the Sikhs. they literally look like how every white person pictures Al Qaeda, but they dgaf despite frequently getting attacked and killed by idiots. they still rock their turbans and big ass beards and their women still wear their salwars with the hijab-like scarves

unlike the coon ass niggas itt who would tell their moms and aunts (not them and their family tho obv) to ditch their religious dress cuz it makes massa feel uncomfortable

Maybe because Sikhs are hardworking people who usually do professional white collar jobs as opposed to benefit scrounging Somalis. They only wear turbans by the way, they don't literally wear binbags.

3rdly, Sikhs wear their own cultural dress, they don't asslick Arabs by copying the fashions of 7th century bedouins.:draketf:

lmao wtf is normal. hijab, jilbaab it makes no difference to an ajnabi

how am I strawmanning u, I literally used ur exact words and applied them to hijab :mjlol:

just say u oppose it for aesthetic reasons and personal taste and call it a day niyow
You're taking my opinion about one thing and applying it one something entirely different. What the f*ck is that?:draketf:You can't justify such moronic debating.

I oppose the Jilbaab/Niqab for cultural, aesthetic and image reasons.

In Norway, an organization called Islamic Advice hired a woman in a Niqab/Jilbaab as their spokesperson and she was on TV and that whole ordeal. Well shit got a large fucking news and public reaction with Muslims and the Government even disagreeing with it. Why? Well because they think it's counter active to have a spokesperson who is supposed to be inviting and easy to speak with be somebody who you barely can't see. And the most backlash was from Muslim communities in Norway believe it or not.

A woman wearing a shit grey Jilbaab vs a woman wearing a Hijab in a fashionable way are two very different things to everybody, including ajnabis.
ppl need to stop hiding behind Somali culture and the Arab boogeyman. many women wear jilbaab for religious reasons ie: they consider wearing jilbaab to have more ajar than just regular hijab

Somali women in the west at least actually take it very seriously. which is why u never see them revert back to "normal" dress, cuz they actually believed it's a huge danbi to do so. not sure how islamically sound that is but it is what it is. it's not some fashion statement they were brainwashed into accepting by the evil arabs
They were brainwashed to accept it though. Why is it that after the Civil War Saudi Arabia started supporting Somali preachers who supported the Jilbaab? Why is that suddenly Al Shabaab springs up with the same mentality as Saudi Arabia, and they're enforcing the Jilbaab/Niqab on every female in the areas that they control?

Somalis didn't turn extra religious after the Civil War. But like with any Muslim area that experienced conflicted, Saudi money came in and suddenly there were a heck of a lot of extremists who said that you have to dress like this and that to be a true Muslim. Same shit happened with the Kosovans, the Albanians and the Chechens.

Read my next post.

The Iraqi can make that argument but not the Somali who destroyed his own land lol.

A Somali can make that argument aswell it wasn't just civil war that fucked up Somalia.
It was also Americas involvement they didn't want Somalia to be an Islamic state. They used the same lies they used in the middle east when they were bombing us.

This is the second result on searching Jilbaab on Google Images, and it's written by a female.

SOMALIA & THE JILBAAB PHENOMENON: ON CIVIL WAR, QUR’ANIC INTERPRETATIONS, AND THE LOSS OF A CULTURE
July 23, 2014 · by yasmin abdulqadir · in Thoughts, Travels · 2 Comments
One of the most interesting social phenomenons that I’ve observed during my time in Mogadisho is that of the jilbaab. For those who don’t know, the jilbaab is an Islamic full-length garment that is quite loose and covers both the head and hands.

the jilbaab

In Mogadisho, practically EVERY woman and girl wears the jilbaab in public – no hijabs in sight.

When I asked my uncle how the hijab was perceived in relation to the jilbaab, he told me that if you’re driving somewhere, its cool if you’re wearing a hijab. However, he continued to say that if you’re walking somewhere, it’s a safer decision to wear the jilbaab. I don’t think he meant this in the sense that I’d get harassed, but more-so that I could avoid attracting unnecessary attention and blend in more easily with the jilbaab on.

Consequently, now that I’ve been here for a few weeks, I’ve rocked the jilbaab many times.

being silly in my jilbaab

I think what’s most interesting about this jilbaab phenomenon is how much it differs from the Somalia my mother’s generation grew up in – particularly, the pre-civil war/Siad Barre era (circa: 1969-1991).

The thing is, my mom grew up in an era (1970s/1980s) where Somali women expressed their modesty through traditional Somali clothing – not through Islamic dress. This was a time where women walked down the street in sifaleetiis, garbasaars, andbaatis, and girls often showed their hair in public for a majority of their lives.

young Somali girl in early 1980s Mogadisho

Mind you, the traditional Somali clothes I’m describing are not immodest – its more so that they don’t fit into traditional Arab conceptions of Islamic dress.

Woman wearing a Somali dress called a guntiino

Woman wearing a sifaleeti and garbasaar on her head

A Somali dress called a baati

With the end of the Siad Barre era and the onset of the civil war, it seems that Somalia retreated into an era of religious conservatism – particularly affecting dress. And suddenly, with the on-set of al-Shabaab and a host of other Islamic fundamentalist groups into the country, our traditions went from being the norm, to being deemed “un-Islamic”, and consequently, not fit for public spaces.

I suppose this is why almost all Somali women still wear baatiis at home, but now, would never wear them outside.

What women in Mogadisho look like today

My question is this: did we lose our culture (as in what is traditionally Somali) to the Arabization of Islam?

Why do Arab countries get to set the standard for modesty?

And most importantly, where do we draw the line between what is Islamic and what is Somali?

Or does that line even exist at all?"
https://theabdulqadirfiles.wordpres...ic-interpretations-and-the-loss-of-a-culture/

Those that support the Jilbaab/Niqab are Al Shabaab sympathizers or brainwashed people. End of discussion.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Maybe because Sikhs are hardworking people who usually do professional white collar jobs as opposed to benefit scrounging Somalis. They only wear turbans by the way, they don't literally wear binbags.

3rdly, Sikhs wear their own cultural dress, they don't asslick Arabs by copying how they dress.
wtf does being hardworking have to do with the clothing :draketf:

why do u guys keep saying Arab? I can understand if ur not Muslim, but u are u got some kinda complex fam

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Maybe in Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Somalis aren't hated in England like that but the English have no balls.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
A Somali can make that argument aswell it wasn't just civil war that fucked up Somalia.
It was also Americas involvement they didn't want Somalia to be an Islamic state. They used the same lies they used in the middle east when they were bombing us.

Your argument is redundant.

USA using limited drones (Somalia) isn't the same as invading a sovereign state with 150k troops (Iraq)

wtf does being hardworking have to do with the clothing :draketf:

why do u guys keep saying Arab? I can understand if ur not Muslim, but u are u got some kinda complex fam

Do you have learning disabilities? Obviously if you're a hard-working immigrant who contributes and keeps their head down, no sane person is going to have a problem with you. Which is why I find your Sikh example ridiculous.:drakewtf:

Tramo

You're taking my opinion about one thing and applying it one something entirely different. What the f*ck is that?:draketf:You can't justify such moronic debating.

I oppose the Jilbaab/Niqab for cultural, aesthetic and image reasons.

In Norway, an organization called Islamic Advice hired a woman in a Niqab/Jilbaab as their spokesperson and she was on TV and that whole ordeal. Well shit got a large fucking news and public reaction with Muslims and the Government even disagreeing with it. Why? Well because they think it's counter active to have a spokesperson who is supposed to be inviting and easy to speak with be somebody who you barely can't see. And the most backlash was from Muslim communities in Norway believe it or not.

A woman wearing a shit grey Jilbaab vs a woman wearing a Hijab in a fashionable way are two very different things to everybody, including ajnabis.

They were brainwashed to accept it though. Why is it that after the Civil War Saudi Arabia started supporting Somali preachers who supported the Jilbaab? Why is that suddenly Al Shabaab springs up with the same mentality as Saudi Arabia, and they're enforcing the Jilbaab/Niqab on every female in the areas that they control?

Somalis didn't turn extra religious after the Civil War. But like with any Muslim area that experienced conflicted, Saudi money came in and suddenly there were a heck of a lot of extremists who said that you have to dress like this and that to be a true Muslim. Same shit happened with the Kosovans, the Albanians and the Chechens.

Read my next post.
we're actually not that far apart where we stand on this. I'm not a huge fan of the jilbaab aesthetically and culturally either, but then again it's really not my choice. if women want to wear it for whatever reason be it religious or otherwise, that's their prerogative. shit, it might as well be part of Somali culture at this point

one thing I won't agree on tho is that they shouldn't wear it because of how cadaans would perceive them. f*ck all of that noise. it doesn't matter what we wear, they will never accept it, so it's a moot point focusing on jilbaab in particular. there are so many other things that our ruining our image far more than some piece of cloth

Your argument is redundant.

USA using limited drones (Somalia) isn't the same as invading a sovereign state with 150k troops (Iraq)

I know it's not the same never said it was I said that they had an involvement in the further destruction of Somalia. So they can't say shit when we come to their 'land'. Or wear a jilbaab or a niqaab.

So what if it may have come from the Arabs. In the west especially Somali women or muslim women in general want to wear it because they think it's more modest. So why are you all hating on their religious beliefs if they want more ajar who are you to try and stop them.

Tramo

Do you have learning disabilities? Obviously if you're a hard-working immigrant who contributes and keeps their head down, no sane person is going to have a problem with you. Which is why I find your Sikh example ridiculous.:drakewtf:
did u miss the part where I said Sikhs are killed and their temples firebombed because of their turbans and dress? or did ur tap dancing leave u too out of breath to read that?

ppl do have a problem with them, thru no fault of their own and they don't care, that was my point

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
I know it's not the same never said it was I said that they had an involvement in the further destruction of Somalia. So they can't say shit when we come to their 'land'. Or wear a jilbaab or a niqaab.

So what if it may have come from the Arabs. In the west especially Somali women or muslim women in general want to wear it because they think it's more modest. So why are you all hating on their religious beliefs if they want more ajar who are you to try and stop them.

Lol I don't like Islam anyway but you're defining positions for me which I haven't even taken.

The person who said they can see why Jilbaabis get attacked is foolish for saying that.

I'm merely calling out your false equivalencies and how you use that to justify the mass influx of migrants.

did u miss the part where I said Sikhs are killed and their temples firebombed because of their turbans and dress? or did ur tap dancing leave u too out of breath to read that?

ppl do have a problem with them, thru no fault of their own and they don't care, that was my point

:mindblown: I...what? That only happens in America, a country well known in the West for their ignorance in geography and...pretty much everything else.

Your point makes no sense, those Sikhs aren't killed for being Sikh, they're attacked for being mistaken as Muslim.:drakewtf:

Tramo

:mindblown: I...what? That only happens in America, a country well known in the West for their ignorance in geography and...pretty much everything else.

Your point makes no sense, those Sikhs aren't killed for being Sikh, they're attacked for being mistaken as Muslim.:drakewtf:
whats the difference? we're talking about the clothing here not the identity...it doesn't really matter. they're targeted for the cloth on their head just like Muslim women in ur scenario

maybe we should tell them 'hey at least it wasn't cuz ur Sikh tho!', I'm sure that will make them a little less dead and their places of worship a little less destroyed

also what does it being in America and them being dumb have to do with anything? walahi u sure are adept at making non sequitur arguments

N

nadia

it's actually somali females that embarrass us the most from that hideous tent garment they wear to their 7 children running around like hyenas most people don't recognize somali men the first thing they see is the girls

Tramo

it's actually somali females that embarrass us the most from that hideous tent garment they wear to their 7 children running around like hyenas most people don't recognize somali men the first thing they see is the girls
if ur embarrassed by a piece of clothing and multiple children the problem is u not them

Status
Not open for further replies.