Somalis Are Not Inventive Society

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Stfu, there's no such thing as ''creative gene''. If you want to be creative go ahead, nothing stops you but your own defeatism.
Not so fast.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Doktoore, Somalis have a loooooong way to go before even reaching for inventors.
Inventions and inventors are made in a conducive environment and I don't think our nation is capable of producing them as of now and later at a world pace.

Somalis had everything it took to be a great nation of peoples however we all are suffering from a collective psychosis, maybe it's karma for spilling Muslim blood like it was halal.

Delusions of grandeur, nepotism, thievery, taking advantage of others, dishonesty, too talkative, arrogance, spoiled rotten, cutting corners on literally everything, overall living by some fake-ass values and y'all wonder why our people suffer from mental disorders 30 years after the war. And now social media got our people hooked on it like it was heroin in the 60's

We have Ph.Ds on how to bullshit ourselves and eachother. We need to deal with those issues before we can mentally masturbate on outcompeting the cadaans or even dhameerada dhagacaska with inventions.
I love my people but this is the reality.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Doktoore, Somalis have a loooooong way to go before even reaching for inventors.
Inventions and inventors are made in a conducive environment and I don't think our nation is capable of producing them as of now and later at a world pace.

Somalis had everything it took to be a great nation of peoples however we all are suffering from a collective psychosis, maybe it's karma for spilling Muslim blood like it was halal.

Delusions of grandeur, nepotism, thievery, taking advantage of others, dishonesty, too talkative, arrogance, spoiled rotten, cutting corners on literally everything, overall living by some fake-ass values and y'all wonder why our people suffer from mental disorders 30 years after the war. And now social media got our people hooked on it like it was heroin in the 60's

We have Ph.Ds on how to bullshit ourselves and eachother. We need to deal with those issues before we can mentally masturbate on outcompeting the cadaans or even dhameerada dhagacaska with inventions.
I love my people but this is the reality.
i believe it'll be the somali diaspora that will be the inventors

@DR OSMAN

Thanks for the analysis.

#1. I don't agree on the "No Contribution to Islam", and most people with agree with that.

#2. They are a lot of things societies need to have before becoming innovative, thats
missing in Somalia, like:

A- Longtime Stability, Democracy and Harmony.
B-Food self-sufficient.
C-Good basic education.
D.Good Language Policy. (Somalis only want teach Af-Somali,) because with Af-Somali,
Somalia has Zero access to Research Papers.
C.Good basic Health care.

Iike a lot people said before, inshaAllaah the Diaspora will bring Real chance to our people.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
1500 years? Mud huts? Germans?
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne
-They had Charlemagne, 13 centuries ago,
-After the fall of the Romans, Germans and other Central Europeans had an Empire ; the Carolingian Empire.
After many civil wars and the destruction of the Empire, Central Europeans created another Empire that last 1000 years: the Holy Roman Empire.

What did the Somalis have the past 1500 years? Besides some city-states sultanates in the early 13th century up to the 19th century, we were savages and nomads. We didn't have any written system until the 20th century.

No need to bring down other populations because ours is shit. Let's face it and create a new civilisation that will last a thousand years of glory.

> English, a bastard language,

Loan words are not a problem but the Somali language has taken so many loan words from anyone who came to our lands that we can't even have a proper language.
English is of Germany descent and latin. They got at least 40% of the language from the French and the rest from Anglo-Saxons who were Germanic. That's it. Then, they created and elaborated their own language.
Somali is not even a fixed language, where's the Somali Academic? Just like there's one for the French language.
Our language is taking too many words from others, we don't have a proper state, either any stability. No need to shit on others again, we are better than this.

Even during the times of Charlemagne most Germanics would have indeed lived basically in "mud huts". I really don't get how some of you picture ancient and medieval civilizations. Do you think they were like the modern world with 90%+ literacy rates, more urban than rural communities and large middle-classes? f*ck no, man. 80-90% of people all over the world before the modern era were rural and living lives no more "advanced" than a Geeljire or a farmer in Bay, Togdheer or the hills of Harar in Somaliweyn over the last millennia. "Cities" back then were also small in size. The greatest city of the ancient world in size was arguably Rome at the height of the empire with a little over 1 million people. A small city by modern standards and that's the best the ancient and medieval worlds could do. Most were lucky to surpass like 50,000. Not to mention that these cities were cesspits of disease and poor sanitation, had no electricity or anything approaching modern comforts with more people than you probably think of living in vernacular architecture housing (huts). In some ancient cultures the rate of literacy was so abysmal that it was mostly confined to one tiny 0.something population of people like the scribes in some periods of Ancient Egypt. And a huge portion of these societies were living slavish existences as serfs or outright slaves like in Greco-Roman world.

The truth is that the majority of people all over the world were not anymore "advanced" in their everyday life than the majority of Somalis. And we know that Somalis or whatever our Cushitic predecessors went by have had some semblance of "civilization" along the coast as far back as the 1st Century CE where you would have seen some literacy in the form of Arabic and probably also some form of Old South Arabian given all the inscriptions all over the north, stone structures, seafaring, global trade and so on. Would some cultures' minority urbanites have had a much more impressive architectural and literary legacy than ours did? Sure. But what do you expect when most of your country is so arid? It's like wondering why pre-modern Scandinavians or Khaleejis didn't reach the urban and architectural heights of Mesopotamia, Egypt and Italy even after being influenced into civilization. Have you seen the environmental handicaps these people have to deal with?

Besides, Germanics got all of the cultural innovations you are highlighting from the Greco-Romans:
  • Runic? A straight rip off of Old Italic which is rip-off of Greek
  • Proper literacy among the elites through Latin? Answers itself
  • Monumental architecture: Romans
The list goes on and on. This is what their native society looked like at all levels (elite to the lowest slave) before Greco-Roman influence:

7xlMzhF.jpg

yd4pGeA.jpg

It's odd how you guys love to highlight stuff like the Arabian and Iranic influences on Somali culture to make it more "civilized" but this doesn't get done with cadaans. It's probably because you are inherently delusional self-haters who believe cadaans could have gotten that way anyway by themselves (they had thousands of years and didn't until they encountered the Greco-Romans) while, surely, the inherently "inferior" Somalis needed MENA influence.

I even remember a moronic thread where some Somali was using the fact that Somali nomads didn't take to making cheese as a sign that Somalis are just dumb and not "innovative" when if you did some digging you'd realize it is pretty much because of the nature of camel milk and is a phenomenon found among many Saharan nomads and that if you know how to make things like butter, yogurts, ghee and so forth, which Somali nomads did, it's actually not hard at all to make cheese; they just didn't bother. But none of this was put together. The answer simply had to be "Hur hur, Geeljires is retarded".

I swear the civil war and reer badiyo parents giving people complexes in the west has really created a generation of self-hating freaks.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Even during the times of Charlemagne most Germanics would have indeed lived basically in "mud huts". I really don't get how some of you picture ancient and medieval civilizations. Do you think they were like the modern world with 90%+ literacy rates, more urban than rural communities and large middle-classes? f*ck no, man. 80-90% of people all over the world before the modern era were rural and living lives no more "advanced" than a Geeljire or a farmer in Bay, Togdheer or the hills of Harar in Somaliweyn over the last millennia. "Cities" back then were also small in size. The greatest city of the ancient world in size was arguably Rome at the height of the empire with a little over 1 million people. A small city by modern standards and that's the best the ancient and medieval worlds could do. Most were lucky to surpass like 50,000. Not to mention that these cities were cesspits of disease and poor sanitation, had no electricity or anything approaching modern comforts with more people than you probably think of living in vernacular architecture housing (huts). In some ancient cultures the rate of literacy was so abysmal that it was mostly confined to one tiny 0.something population of people like the scribes in some periods of Ancient Egypt. And a huge portion of these societies were living slavish existences as serfs or outright slaves like in Greco-Roman world.

The truth is that the majority of people all over the world were not anymore "advanced" in their everyday life than the majority of Somalis. And we know that Somalis or whatever our Cushitic predecessors went by have had some semblance of "civilization" along the coast as far back as the 1st Century CE where you would have seen some literacy in the form of Arabic and probably also some form of Old South Arabian given all the inscriptions all over the north, stone structures, seafaring, global trade and so on. Would some cultures' minority urbanites have had a much more impressive architectural and literary legacy than ours did? Sure. But what do you expect when most of your country is so arid? It's like wondering why pre-modern Scandinavians or Khaleejis didn't reach the urban and architectural heights of Mesopotamia, Egypt and Italy even after being influenced into civilization. Have you seen the environmental handicaps these people have to deal with?

Besides, Germanics got all of the cultural innovations you are highlighting from the Greco-Romans:
  • Runic? A straight rip off of Old Italic which is rip-off of Greek
  • Proper literacy among the elites through Latin? Answers itself
  • Monumental architecture: Romans
The list goes on and on. This is what their native society looked like at all levels (elite to the lowest slave) before Greco-Roman influence:

7xlMzhF.jpg

yd4pGeA.jpg

It's odd how you guys love to highlight stuff like the Arabian and Iranic influences on Somali culture to make it more "civilized" but this doesn't get done with cadaans. It's probably because you are inherently delusional self-haters who believe cadaans could have gotten that way anyway by themselves (they had thousands of years and didn't until they encountered the Greco-Romans) while, surely, the inherently "inferior" Somalis needed MENA influence.

I even remember a moronic thread where some Somali was using the fact that Somali nomads didn't take to making cheese as a sign that Somalis are just dumb and not "innovative" when if you did some digging you'd realize it is pretty much because of the nature of camel milk and is a phenomenon found among many Saharan nomads and that if you know how to make things like butter, yogurts, ghee and so forth, which Somali nomads did, it's actually not hard at all to make cheese; they just didn't bother. But none of this was put together. The answer simply had to be "Hur hur, Geeljires is retarded".

I swear the civil war and reer badiyo parents giving people complexes in the west has really created a generation of self-hating freaks.

Wow calm down, dude.
My post is at least 1 year + old, I changed my way of thinking.
But thanks for the info.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Wow calm down, dude.
My post is at least 1 year + old, I changed my way of thinking.
But thanks for the info.

Wallahi, I was just getting some shit off my chest and ranting. Had a bad day too. Not at all pissed at you. Needed that catharsis. And you're welcome.

:pachah1:

Trending