Somalis Are Not Inventive Society

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We don't even have any knowledge of ourselves, we seek our knowledge from 'foreigners' which is pretty nasty indication your people were to 'stupid' to create knowledge centers to pass onto the future. Where is a Somali Encyclopedia? Where are Somali ancient sites to at least demonstrate our presence? Where is a Somali Musuem? we don't have even basic knowledge of our own environment for 1000 years or more. Our History literally starts when the Colonials came, which is quite saddening because it proves what the white people say they 'civilized' Africa or else demonstrate the following.

1. Show us ancient sites in Somalia with a Somali influence, Don't run to Mogadishu and it's Arab/Persian influence. Where is a site that your people and culture provided for past 1000 years?

2. Show us even one ancient settlement with some sort of progress for it's time period.

3. Show us the knowledge you inherited from people who inhabited the land in the field of medicine, engineering, science, mathamatics, or anything?

4. Show us one archaeological site, we don't even understand the different minerals in our soil, we lived here for 1000 years and we still don't understand the different minerals? For example the concept of 'gold' was new to Somalis, it's called 'Dahab' it's an arab thing we must of learned from the civilized arabs who lived in Mogadishu. Most of our 'loan' words clearly come from the early arab presence in Mogadishu.

5. Since we are nomadic, show us the knowledge that was used to navigate the desert? Do we even know that?

The point I am raising here is you will find any society without a civilization also lacks an identity and why we are clueless about ourselves and reading from habashi, arab, english, indian and god knows who else just to understand ourselves. Imagine I came to you today to 'describe' to you who you are as a person? It would mean you are to stupid to figure out who you are.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Even Black Americans refuse to have their history described for them by foreigners and these were slaves only 400 years ago. Because it's insulting when someone who is your peer telling you who you are and what your people are when you can't even do that simple task for yourself lol.

So if you can't figure that out, it's obvious you will also have problems figuring out inventions or creating anything to benefit the world or your society. We have lived in Somalia for 1000 years and we still haven't fielded a single solution around lack of 'water'. 1000 years and not a single person has come up with a manageable solution.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Everyone started out without any scientific or cultural achievements.

The golden age of Baghdad happened after centuries of influence from nearby older civilization.

Charlemagne was a leader of a backwards german tribe that built a civilization from the leftovers of Roman influences.

In all that time the Brits were still cavemen for another 300 years or so.

A thousands years later they end up ruling the world.

Even if you go back all the way to the Egyptians... they wouldn't have built shit if it wasn't for the Mesopotamians.

Somalis never had access to an older civilization that we could've learned from.

Most of our population was stuck in the hinderlands of the Galbeed. The coast had no resources for our livestock.

We didn't have a writing system because nomads had no need for that.... Only farmers and larger settlements did.

I'm not saying we should blame everything on our environment but instead we should understand that it doesn't matter who invented what first as long you quickly catch up to them.

Gives us a hundred years and we'll have as many Nobel laureates per capita as Britain or China.

Don't let the past decide the future for you.

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Let's not dwell on the past. Focus on the present and how we can change our society.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Everyone started out without any scientific or cultural achievements.

The golden age of Baghdad happened after centuries of influence from nearby older civilization.

Charlemagne was a leader of a backwards german tribe that built a civilization from the leftovers of Roman influences.

In all that time the Brits were still cavemen for another 300 years or so.

A thousands years later they end up ruling the world.

Even if you go back all the way to the Egyptians... they wouldn't have built shit if it wasn't for the Mesopotamians.

Somalis never had access to an older civilization that we could've learned from.

Most of our population was stuck in the hinderlands of the Galbeed. The coast had no resources for our livestock.

We didn't have a writing system because nomads had no need for that.... Only farmers and larger settlements did.

I'm not saying we should blame everything on our environment but instead we should understand that it doesn't matter who invented what first as long you quickly catch up to them.

Gives us a hundred years and we'll have as many Nobel laureates per capita as Britain or China.

Don't let the past decide the future for you.

Why is it we excel in no field, as backward as the arabs maybe in human knowledge their gifted and have lots of people in religious circle and spiritual world. I still don't understand how they can 'describe god and the afterlife' while not being able to describe the world around them. But that debate is for another day. Somalis are not even gifted religiously, we have added nothing to further the islamic understanding, all we win prizes for is 'how well we recite' like 'monkeys' lol.

It proves we are good 'students' I don't disagree with that, Somalis are not bad at being students but give them a problem and ask them for an invention you will see quickly they fall apart which goes back to my point of not inheriting a civilization, their genetically geared to 'learn' never to 'invent'.

As for Nobel Prizes they are not for students my friend, it's for inventors(small group in the world), their is millions of students in the world, the nobels can't offer you a prize just because your a student and know how to read lol. This is for inventors adeer and I don't think Somalis will ever reach it. They have demonstrated in the past they have contributed to nothing to the world not in islam not in science not in politics nothing. Not even 'trade' or 'economics'. They are not like Kevin Nash who created the game theory lol. They are not 'al-bani' type of scholar in Islam. Sxb lets address this key flaw in somali society.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The Somal doesn't even develop 'theories' like John Nash to give a new understanding of specific topic, all he does is 'research' and use other opinions and produces his arguments in 'essays'. His student for life waxani oo kale and he will never reach the pinnacle of nobel laureates who add to their respective fields new theories, inventions that changed the world. I mean Somalis have an outstanding record about 'wars' but they have no theories they developed about 'war' except 'dagaal wiil kuma dhasho' is the extent of their mind-set.

This needs evaluating how you have not developed any concepts about war or peace when you lived your whole life? this is why I ram the importance of a civilization, when the culture is civilized the brain isn't dead, it has hope to live once again. But when a brain lacks any civilization in their cultural history, that brain is dead already and the only possible hope for it is to 'learn' or 'study' knowledge but that doesn't mean he will ever be an inventor or someone that is noted in world history.

@Samaalic Era @4head seem to agree with my viewpoint. They see 100 phd holding somalis, great at learning and using other people theories, but they never see a somali lining up for nobel peace prize. All I am trying to do is explain why this is and I think it's because the culture is uncivlized.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I find it funny how Somalis 'Rush' to the 'GOD' topic lol, hold your camels adeer first figure out your 'surroundings' before you run to figure out such god topics. They can't even explain the different minerals in his soil or why the weather pattern is dry in his area yet he wants to explain the god topic? Somalis are silly like that. Their like little kids who want to run before they can walk.

For example ninkan xun ee sacudiga oo aanan garan karin shidaalka sida loo soo saaro iyo sida loo kala nadifiyo ayaa markasi ku sheegayo 'diinta iyo illahi' ignorant Somal. I prefer to listen to god topic from western mind rather then the arab mind who can't even figure out how to drill for oil yet he wants to explain god? I am not the type who looks up to arabs for that very reason. A western man basically had to teach him to take oil out and then he wants to teach the western man how he has the correct understanding of 'god'? no wonder western people laugh at muslims.

When Muslims start to demonstrate a superior understanding of the world, this will give the rest of the world confidence they have a superior knowledge of god, till then as long as they have a low understanding of the world and not inventing anything, this will also confirm to the world they also have a low understanding of god also. The best understanding of god will go to the society who has the best knowledge n understanding of the world, there is no debate about that in my opinion.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am of the religious view the less you know about the world and the less you add to knowledge and invention is a good indicator you also lack good understanding of god and are on the wrong path. If you are so 'right' why aren't you leading the world in intelligence and creating things the world hasn't seen? I remember the christians when they lacked knowledge their understanding of christianity was terrible also and brutal just like islam today lacks knowledge in the world and their understanding of god is brutal and barbaric.

There is correlating link between worldly knowledge and spiritual knowlege and they go hand in hand. The more one understands about the world and knowledge, the more that society has higher sense of understanding of god also because the society is flooded with 'knowledge' and open dialogue which will create a chain of ideas to develop that better previous understandings.

You can't tell me this sort of society has the right 'god' look at their condition, they lack even to understand how to 'live' let alone understand 'god'.

58ac0f463.jpg

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Why is it we excel in no field, as backward as the arabs maybe in human knowledge their gifted and have lots of people in religious circle and spiritual world. I still don't understand how they can 'describe god and the afterlife' while not being able to describe the world around them. But that debate is for another day. Somalis are not even gifted religiously, we have added nothing to further the islamic understanding, all we win prizes for is 'how well we recite' like 'monkeys' lol.

It proves we are good 'students' I don't disagree with that, Somalis are not bad at being students but give them a problem and ask them for an invention you will see quickly they fall apart which goes back to my point of not inheriting a civilization, their genetically geared to 'learn' never to 'invent'.

As for Nobel Prizes they are not for students my friend, it's for inventors(small group in the world), their is millions of students in the world, the nobels can't offer you a prize just because your a student and know how to read lol. This is for inventors adeer and I don't think Somalis will ever reach it. They have demonstrated in the past they have contributed to nothing to the world not in islam not in science not in politics nothing. Not even 'trade' or 'economics'. They are not like Kevin Nash who created the game theory lol. They are not 'al-bani' type of scholar in Islam. Sxb lets address this key flaw in somali society.

Arabs achieved all that because they were exposed to different ideas from Iran, Greeks and even Central Asia.

They're physically connected to those places.

Somalis instead had to trudge through 5,000 kilometers of desert to get to Cairo or cross the Gulf of Punt (Aden) and travel another couple thousand kilometers in another desert in the Arabian peninsula while warding of hundreds of arab tribes.

Sure, some explorers visited us but they mainly reached Arabian trading posts and it wouldn't be in their interests to share knowledge as they were merchants who profit from arbitrage.

However now that we all have the internet it won't be long before you see Somali thinkers and inventors at the same level as those in other countries.

Low IQ only affects the bulk of the population. Those that move the culture forward are outliers equal to other geniuses around the world.

Unfortunately it's taking a bit longer because the majority of our people are still in an active civil war.

You just need to be patient and not give up on the underestimated Geeljire because of the bad hand we've been dealt.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Arabs achieved all that because they were exposed to different ideas from Iran, Greeks and even Central Asia.

They're physically connected to those places.

Somalis instead had to trudge through 5,000 kilometers of desert to get to Cairo or cross the Gulf of Punt (Aden) and travel another couple thousand kilometers in another desert in the Arabian peninsula while warding of hundreds of arab tribes.

Sure, some explorers visited us but they mainly reached Arabian trading posts and it wouldn't be in their interests to share knowledge as they were merchants who profit from arbitrage.

However now that we all have the internet it won't be long before you see Somali thinkers and inventors at the same level as those in other countries.

Low IQ only affects the bulk of the population. Those that move the culture forward are outliers equal to other geniuses around the world.

Unfortunately it's taking a bit longer because the majority of our people are still in an active civil war.

You just need to be patient and not give up on the underestimated Geeljire because of the bad hand we've been dealt.

These people will tell you they are religiously gifted and closer to god then you while your 'feeding' their asses and producing everything they have.

58ac0f463.jpg

Somalis need a 'messiah' to bring these people back to basics on how to 'live as human beings' before they run for 'masjid' classes, learn how to live first. They don't even know how to co-exist in peace, feed their children, and have roof over their heads. Wallahi they don't even know the basics of being a human being but they all have knowledge of 'god' loooooooooool. Wat sort of knowledge of god can this 'imbecile' have that is true when he lives like an animal? he has no religious knowledge in my view. Anigu xitaa diintooda ayaa shaki iga jira runti. I don't believe these people have any knowledge on god at all or else how is it they live like animals?

Rather then masjid school. They should be taken to 'learn how to be a human' school at early ages and the focus should be there. Don't teach kids in 3rd world about god, teach them how to lift themselves up and their community before rushing to god. They need to start with themselves not with god.

Tukraq

VIP
Let's not dwell on the past. Focus on the present and how we can change our society.
exactly who the hell cares about past achievements when we live in the here and now, plus your ancestors inventions aren't yours anyways, would be a dumb thing to brag about

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
@DR OSMAN
I remember trying to teach Fobs the importance of having our own calendar and writing script as well teach Somali history instead of Arab history.
They viewed me as some kind of blasphemer

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I find it scary they don't do anything scientific in Somalia. I haven't seen one place in the whole nation who goes outside on field trips to do 'measurements' of the 'heat' or 'cold' or 'wind strength'. I mean recently it just rained, they can't take a simple ruler and measure how height of the 'water' lol and then work out the 'area' or space it fell over to determine how much volume. I have seen no measurements performed on our minerals. Can't they dig one area under earth and see what minerals are there or different resources, we can work out the 'volume' quite easily by working out the area.

You won't see an active innovative society at all. They just sit there with gabays all day lol or moaning this and that and conspiracy theories. No scientific thought has entered the society, so their highly superstitious even about government matters, they create superstitutions because the mind is not rational.

I want to see a kid create some proto-type to measure the wind. Even something basic to demonstrate the difference in strength of the wind like a pole with a material on it and measurement board.

I wonder is there any people there who actually endeavour in the sciences of their environment or are they to busy wasting time about watching the government lol. The government is nothing without an active people, the government is made by the people, not by people w ho sit around all day in cafes talking this and that about the government.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Don't you want to know what the scientific potential is in Somalia by holding some convention and seeing what they can produce and measure in the society using innovative home-grown ideas? Just something to glaze over at the potential of their minds unless we just want to keep living in 'myths' and 'superstitutions' and 'conspiracies' which demonstrates an un-scientific mind. For example it's easier for one to say the 'tree is from god' if the brain lacks scientific awareness, it's easier to attach superstitution or conspiracy to something when science is lacking in a society.

Where-as when science is present, you don't attach nonsense conspiracies to a matter you actually go and measure or test it and provide a natural explanation.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want someone to clarify this as true or false. I believe Somalis can only boast the following to be 'genuinely' local progress in our community.

1. Numerics and understanding numbers, basic addition/substraction/divisions not multipliction tho.
2. We reached the stage of metal making as we have 'castes' among us for those duties. We are not stone age culture. We are an Iron based culture.
3. We understood animal domestication, we tamed animals which is a great feat, we are not running after them like aborigines or san bush men.
4. Poetry and oral philosophy(gabay, proverbs, etc)

Besides these three undeniable feats for Somalis which I won't take away from them. But this part of Somalia I dispute is 'loaned'.

1. Understanding of time/month/year/seasons. I think this knowlege came with Islam as it would be necessary to know when to pray. Maybe during the middle ages around 13th century.
2. Sultanates is not our culture and clearly 'arabic'. We must of inherited this from arabs who lived early on the coastal areas of Somalia. Why you may ask? Have you seen Somalis hate the term 'boqor' so it's clearly not a somali government structure. I suspect somali culture made no advances in administration beyond 'small clan groupings'. They never had the ingredient for nation state to unite beyond clan structures. The other reason you can see sultanates isn't our culture is each one of them kept getting destroyed so somalis never liked it like they don't like western system of presidential powers.

I suspect Bantu had better administrative system because they their recongize kings and accepted his decisions and rules over them. They were closer to a nation state then we ever were. Bantu's clearly 'farmed' so they were farming civilization, they weren't running around after animals. I highly doubt Somalis understood calendars. We don't have somali words for monday, tuesday, etc or any other system. The only local understanding we had of calendar was 'seasons' like wet, dry times. Plus we had a knowledge of 'day and night' only like malin iyo habeen. But not a calender system, this is clearly from arabs.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
More proof Somalis lacked a calendar is they don't know when they were born especially the older somalis, why? cuz they don't have calendar, month, days, etc. They say waqtigi 'abaartasi' or waqtigi 'seasonkasi'. I am trying to demonstrate to you guys are culture prior to any foreign contact was 'glorious' but rather primitive who had a great boom period from taming animals(las geel) images 5000 years ago to 'numeric knowledge' because we needed that for 'trade' with egypt. Beyond that time period, we were in dark age untill the arabs came.

So we are talking 2000 years or more of dark age period from when egyptian contact happened to when arabs came. Aborigines are talking about 60,000 years. We benefited immensely from the arabs in terms of administration(sultanates) knowledge, knowledge of vastly different materials like gold(dahab), we learned calendar system, dating system, month, day, etc.

We attemped to write for the first time in arabic script or create bastardized scripts from it. But now we need to move on, that part of the arab time was good and productive for us, we gained alot and i would be an arab supporter in that time period. But now their backwards, who cares why or what happened but lets attach ourselves to the western world now and benefit from a new boom period. We need to cut all ties with the arabs as we will not benefit anymore from them like we did in the 13th century which added key elements into a culture that we lacked. It's time to kick them to the curb, it's adaptation and if humans don't adapt to the new world we will become aborigines.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am anti arab today, but in the 13th century I would be pro arab because there would be clear benefit to ally with them as we learned a-lot from them. Especially around the mogadishu area 'hamar cad-cads' is who I suspect taught us a-lot and also 'yemen' when the arab world invited us in when we adopted Islam. Now we need to move on as Somalis, we need a messiah like 'meles' in Ethiopia and begin a new 'direction' for our nation. We need to accept the west is the new golden age civilization of the world.

The arabs and being allies with them in the 21st century will not benefit Somalis in the long-term in terms of 'human capital' our brains will never grow like it did during the 13-17th century. The only feasible ally that we can truly benefit from is the western world. We need to slip them in and say we are prepared to be a client state for the west in return we want your 'knowledge' in order to keep our people live and not becoming aborigines.

Who is with me on cutting the arab string attached to us and replace it with a more beneficial string where we actually enter a new golden age? what will arabs teach us or add to our culture in terms of innovation or science? you see any arab nobel prizes? war sxb indhaha kala qaada, arabta ka hara.

The Dr hates 'arabs' not because of racism sxb, but because the add nothing for us to progress, they have no new knowledge to teach us, they are waste of our time and we will become extinct like aborigines if we keep being with them. Intee lagu arkay waxani oo kale saxibo islam ah, saxibo cilmi ba fican oo layska fa'ido umad ahan.

I would 'de-register' Somalia from the arab league. It's pointless garbage keeping us isolated from world progress. I propose a malaysian model that is islamic but independent and has it's own interest at heart to survive while respecting religious friends in islam doesn't mean we have to be friends politically. I don't benefit from a friendship with afghanistan for example, waa 'labo qaawan' isma qaadi karo nor arab world that adds nothing in terms of knowledge to our society.

Puntland has taken one big step tho, it removed all that arab curriculum garbage that used to circulate the region school and created one highly respectable curriculum that really teaches knowledge to the point many universities are accepting it as 'admission' documents and seeing the students are qualified enough to learn at the highest level. They wouldn't get that with arab curriculum that was circulating before. So lets also nationalize our foreign policy like we did our education system in Puntland. Remove us from the arab league.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis usually thrive in the most basic industries, have you noticed? Small businesses nothing else. This isn't going to change the Somali future at all, we had many traders from the 13-19th century when we developed a few sultanates, it has left no mark on our landscape. Only science and knowledge will leave a mark for generations to come.

We need to enter in droves in sciences. It should be the biggest field we should focus on for our students because this will leave a 'mark' for centuries to come. It's nothing wonderful working out your 'expenses' like lease, electricity, and business costs and comparing that against the product your selling by adding a 'margin' on top to cover your lifestyle and bills in life.

Waxani wax lagu faano ma aha, any ciyaal suuq can do basic shit like this. Anyone who knows how to manage their 'salary' and 'expenses' in a normal job can transfer those knowledge to 'business operation' also. It is one of the only fields that contribute nothing long-term to any society, they only add 'short term' gains only like 'tax revenues' for the government but they will not leave a mark on the society whatsoever. Where is the wealth of those previous sultanates in Somalia? you see wealth 'changes' over time period, what was rich yesterday and what product he had will be out of fashion tommorow, so he will eventually go broke and his family rebuild and start again.

Trending