Somalis are an Ethnoreligious group

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
we wuz jews and shieeeeeet. You’ve clearly misunderstood what the table classes as ethnoreligious groups. Only those on the far left are ethnoreligions. If its including Russian Orthodox Christians then Ethiopians also belong to an ethnoreligious group ffs (which they don’t)

I’m Muslim alhamdullah but I never understood somalis that have pride in being muslim. We did not invent Islam, nor have made substantial contributions or even have an important scholar. Having an 99% muslim population isn’t something to be proud of imo. It just shows how colonized we are. Pakistan has Sikhs and other religions prior to Islam, Egypt has Coptic Christians, Bosnia has Eastern Orthodox. The fact that we don’t have any prior religions is kind of sad
The codex for both the Hanafi and Shafii schools of Islam were written by Somalis you low iq self hating murtard.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why do you lot seem to care? I don’t believe nor need to follow a system that was just made up with no actual proof.

I’ll just go and live my life as a Somali person. The concept of clans, especially ours is stupid and brainwashed.
how do you claim to be somali but at the same time claim your ancestors are different?

Are you somali or not lmao, kulaha “my ancestors brought islam to you guys”.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
we wuz jews and shieeeeeet. You’ve clearly misunderstood what the table classes as ethnoreligious groups. Only those on the far left are ethnoreligions. If its including Russian Orthodox Christians then Ethiopians also belong to an ethnoreligious group ffs (which they don’t)
bruh I literally read all of your posts in that stupid accent you use now.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
how do you claim to be somali but at the same time claim your ancestors are different?

Are you somali or not lmao, kulaha “my ancestors brought islam to you guys”.
Her mom is Reer Xamar, she claims that they brought Islam to Somalis.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Her mom is reer xamar, and she claims that they brought Islam to Somalis.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
LOOOOLLL

The fact it’s literally just her mom too, not even her dad. 80% of her ancestors are probably Somali and she’s clinging on to maybe the 20% that’s from some sri Lanka or something :mjkkk: :dead:

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
How did somalis not convert during the 600s when there is literally one of the oldest mosques in zelia? did you even read what i said?
North africa was still majority Christian during the caliphate with egypt being the largest christian country in the world during the centuries following their conquest.

Obviously inland somalis may have taken time to fully convert but that doesnt mean somalia wasnt muslim until the middle ages because that discredits the early people who did.
Arabian peninsular wasn't fully islamised by the time my ancestors became muslim as my clan owns zelia which is one of the earliest islamic cities in the world.

You keep bringing up ethiopia's importance to Christianity to downplay somalia's connection to islam. Ethiopia's main thing was that they stayed isolated and had their own bible, so what? that's their history. My people built one of the earliest mosques in the world which is important to islam aswell.
Yes. There were still some berbers in the 12th century that still spoke latin and were christian. Berbers historically speaking remained christian, and converted after somalis did.

Trending