examples.png

Dragon Ball GIF by Toei Animation

super saiyan GIF

Angry John Cena GIF

:friendhug:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Afars and Somalis are both on this list, we Horners just keep winning.
We are one of the earliest Muslims so it makes sense that it would be a big part of our identity

Somalis are muslim yes but its not true that they're an ethnoreligious group and the only reason that is the case is because of somalis stubbornness (not trying to say being adopting islam or tying it to the ethnicity is bad) , the whole point of an ethnoreligious group is that they're identity birthed the religion and then sought to create genetic lineage through said religion serbs and whole other groups shouldn't be on there either

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

VIP
Somalis are muslim yes but its not true that they're an ethnoreligious group and the only reason that is the case is because of somalis stubbornness (not trying to say being adopting islam or tying it to the ethnicity is bad) , the whole point of an ethnoreligious group is that they're identity birthed the religion and then sought to create genetic lineage through said serbs and whole other groups shouldn't be on there either
If that was the case then Arab's would be on this list but they aren't, you see arab Christians and so on even though Islam came to them first.
The meaning of ethnic religious group is a bit fuzzy but I personally think of it as a ethnicity that bases its ethnic identity around a religion to the point where for the majority of society, if you abandon the religion its almost as if you abandoned your ethnicity.
Somalis tied their ethnic identity to Islam I'd say around the adal wars since that's the biggest religious war in the horn and it cemented the idea that 'Somalis are all Muslim and our enemies are the Christian Ethiopians'

Somalis are muslim yes but its not true that they're an ethnoreligious group and the only reason that is the case is because of somalis stubbornness (not trying to say being adopting islam or tying it to the ethnicity is bad) , the whole point of an ethnoreligious group is that they're identity birthed the religion and then sought to create genetic lineage through said serbs and whole other groups shouldn't be on there either
You're thinking about only one definition. Somalis are also considered to be an ethnoreligious group since they are a people unified by a common religion and ethnic background.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Ethno-religious isn’t a thing for Somalis since we didn’t invent Islam nor did we have a big influence on it like Turkey or Northern Africa. Most ethnicities on those lists created their own religions

Ethno-religious isn’t a thing for Somalis since we didn’t invent Islam nor did we have a big influence on it like Turkey or Northern Africa. Most ethnicities on those lists created their own religions
You really are daft aren't you? Maybe read first.

Be Quiet Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Xoxoxo

VIP
You really are daft aren't you? Maybe read first.

Be Quiet Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club
We aren’t smart pants.

habeshas for example can maybe be considered Ethno-religious since they are one off the oldest followers of Christianity and actually had influence on it, but guess what? They don’t consider themselves it and you even have Habeshas who are Muslims. We didn’t have any influence on Islam, Islam had influence on us and people started to convert in the 7th century and almost the whole population was fully Islamic by the Middle Ages.

We aren’t smart pants.

habeshas for example can maybe be considered Ethno-religious since they are one off the oldest followers of Christianity and actually had influence on it, but guess what? They don’t consider themselves it and you even have Habeshas who are Muslims. We didn’t have any influence on Islam, Islam had influence on us and people started to convert in the 7th century and almost the whole population was fully Islamic by the Middle Ages.
You're actually annoying me. You refuse to read what the image says. You're thinking only of ethnic fusion like Jews or Sikh. There are other classifications of what an ethnoreligious group is and Somalis fall under the category.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Used to think somalis were an ethnoreligious group but not anymore. A somali who leaves Islam doesn’t stop being somali, waa soomali oo gaalodey.

I’m Muslim alhamdullah but I never understood somalis that have pride in being muslim. We did not invent Islam, nor have made substantial contributions or even have an important scholar. Having an 99% muslim population isn’t something to be proud of imo. It just shows how colonized we are. Pakistan has Sikhs and other religions prior to Islam, Egypt has Coptic Christians, Bosnia has Eastern Orthodox. The fact that we don’t have any prior religions is kind of sad

I’m Muslim alhamdullah but I never understood somalis that have pride in being muslim. We did not invent Islam, nor have made substantial contributions or even have an important scholar. Having an 99% muslim population isn’t something to be proud of imo. It just shows how colonized we are. Pakistan has Sikhs and other religions prior to Islam, Egypt has Coptic Christians, Bosnia has Eastern Orthodox. The fact that we don’t have any prior religions is kind of sad
Something a munaafiq would say May Allah guide you

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
We kicked a whole clan out for not becoming muslim, we are most definitely ethnoreligious. Anyone tryna fight this can hit the road too.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Are you dumb or something? Making us out to be some sort of ooga booga savages dancing around a campfire or some shit.
Somalis and all cushites worshipped waaq which was a monotheistic religion native to us before islam

Trending

Latest posts