Somalis are a smart ethnic group, why is the country not united?

They wouldn't have attacked you if you converted to islam.

Who converts to something through fear? That's cowardly and pathetic.

The Arabs, Turks and the Afro-Arabs should have approached us differently and we would have converted over time.

You could also say the same thing about North America, in fact all of humanity belongs to the same "race".

We all belong to the same human race, however, we don't all have an identical genetic structure and speak the same language.

Last edited:
Bro that's just straight racism, Bantus have some of the most prosperous countries on the continent. A lot of Somalis live as refugees in Bantu countries so....
Countries owned by China for the forseeable future. Where they get called n-word, slapped around by their Chinese overlords, and resouces sucked dry. Where some of the deadliest diseases run rampant because they’re too stupid to realise that you don’t eat monkeys. Prosperous, he said :russ:

Funny how you agreed with that slanderous post of his calling us bottom of the barrel trash, yet choose to only call me out. But then again, you’re not even Somali either, just like him so…. :camby:

Last edited:

reer

VIP
Countries owned by China for the forseeable future. Where they get called n-word, slapped around by their Chinese overlords, and resouces sucked dry. Where some of the deadliest diseases run rampant because they’re too stupid to realise that you don’t eat monkeys. Prosperous, he said :russ:

Funny how you agreed with that slanderous post of his calling us bottom of the barrel trash, yet choose to only call me out. But then again, you’re not even Somali either, just like him so…. :camby:

somalia
5t9qp3nt0fc31.jpg

tanzania
panorama-van-het-centrum-van-de-stad-van-dar-es-saalam-59318212.jpg

a somali sense of individualism far outstrips his sense of collectiveness. in fact amongst them we see the perfection of a society based on a group of individuals rather than currently predominant societies of individuals of groups. the former places emphasis on independence and the later the opposite deference to authority. so i can safely say despite all the current contradictions somalis are the hope for the future for humanity for they can only be subdued by a force that conforms to the true independent nature of a born and created free human individual. proud and free is their mantra displayed on a daily basis in their own peculiar and unique ways. here we come

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
It's funny that people are being accused of not being Somali while certain others are accused of larping as non-Somalis.
:mjlol::pachah1:
Too much self hating antics baits them out, I’ve never in my life met another Somali nigga talking like the ones in this thread about his people

This is the problem with Somalis on social media they are too edgy man

I didn't agree with his slanderous post I just found it funny what's the problem? I don't take it so seriously like a die-hard nationalist like you, learn to relax a little nayaa.

However, I found your post rude and ignorant because you were straight-up calling people filthy for no reason. Yes, some Bantu nations are trash aswell but in general they're doing better than Somalis atm. I hope Somalia rises from the ashes like any Somali.

I don't care if you say I'm not Somali because I know my lineage and it is indeed Somali. It seems you think anyone outside your creme de la creme Majertain aren't pure enough. You need to grow up sxb and take the stick out of your ass.

I didn't agree with his slanderous post I just found it funny what's the problem? I don't take it so seriously like a die-hard nationalist like you, learn to relax a little nayaa.

However, I found your post rude and ignorant because you were straight-up calling people filthy for no reason. Yes, some Bantu nations are trash aswell but in general they're doing better than Somalis atm. I hope Somalia rises from the ashes like any Somali.

I don't care if you say I'm not Somali because I know my lineage and it is indeed Somali. It seems you think anyone outside your creme de la creme Majertain aren't pure enough. You need to grow up sxb and take the stick out of your ass.
Call out that Bantu guy calling Somalis trash and stfu. Thanks. Be a little consistent if you're against ignorance and rudeness and stop quoting me weirdo.

reer

VIP
Call out that Bantu guy calling Somalis trash and stfu. Thanks. Be a little consistent if you're against ignorance and rudeness and stop quoting me weirdo.
if you think im bantu you havent seen me in the clan section. fake nationalist baa tahay. faan about muh qabiil are the best expressing typical xoolo traits.

See when you talk like that I prefer it, be polite but still stand your ground. It's when people are impolite that's when you shouldn't take them seriously. I'll remove my dislike from your post huuno.

If we were a smart ethnic group, we would have seen success already. I don’t necessarily believe that intellectual superiority among ethnic groups exists. But if it does, Somalis aren’t at the top of that list.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Never. Somalis being united is unnatural
Same could be said for the Germans who were broken down into 100s of warring city states who were used against eachother by countries like france and austria to push their own motives. After the prussians brought them together into the German empire, the same Austrians and French who used to make them fight eachother were both conquered and subjugated. It’s the same story with pretty much every current world power excluding artificial nations like the US and Canada. Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, China, India, Japan etc were all broken down into small entities who were firm on their regionalism, now look at what those countries attained after coming together

What makes somalis unique in this sense is that we’re basically genetically identical with little to no foreign assimilation (which is very common in most countries), speak the same language (countries like England or france had hundreds of regional dialects that weren’t even in the same language family and today speak the same language) and religion (not only 100% muslim, but 100% sunni on top of that) yet we’re still not United, our situation is more similar to Bavarians or lombardians not being United amongst themselves rather than Italians or Germans as a whole. It logically makes 0 sense for somalis to not form a single state at some point or another

The Arabic script would increase the literacy rate, make it easier to decipher classical texts, increase socio-political relations within the Arab league and so forth. There is literally no reason for a Latin script in modern-day Somalia; lots of countries that don't use latin (e.g Japan, China, Russia) are developed countries with very strong diplomatic relations with the west.

Not necessarilly. While Somalia was becoming secular during the late 70's Iran was undergoing an Islamic revolution and Egypt was finalizing it's state religion. The problem with your post is that globalization is a vague term and there are multiple factors that result to it. For the west it was due to mass migration, in east Asia a byproduct of U.S intervention, and in Somalia colonization.

Oman, Ethiopia, most of the middle-east? What do you mean by this?

Again, not necessarily. Europe has adopted a feudal system from the advent of Christianity long before they were "developing more without it". Similar circumstances happened in east Asia. I'm not saying there isn't any flaws in clannism but there is a very clear way that it can be implemented in the modern day world.

Overall you have decent points but I don't agree with the premise that imitating western countries = success.
I think you have really good points, but I also I'm fully against imitating western countries = successful.

We are literally not being colonised if there is a club in Xamar or Hargeisa. Tbh, I have never been to a club and have no interest in being in one, however I am just trying to de-construct your argument because it doesn't hold merit in this context. When I think of Colonisation of Somalia, I think of the marginalisation of somali communities in Kenya and Ethiopia, particularly in Ethiopia. Colonisation has effected that sub-group of Somalis the MOST. (scramble of Africa divided our one ethnic group into many countries)

I understand where you are coming from , however this is a common theme I have been hearing since 2000's and seems to imitate many African scholars and particularly African American scholars who blame all their hardships on colonisation and not on this particular culture and leadership.

Also, why is Somalia in the Arab League? Do you know why? I mean, Arabs are great people like every other community, however we do look a bit odd there. Have a look at videos on Youtube by arabs between ages of 20-50 talking about the arab league. They typically are a bit politically polite when they see Somalia listed there and find our culture to be quite distinct from them. They don't know much about us, incorrectly think we were previously enslaved or colonised by arabs which may explain our "features". I don't think they mean harm, but they lack history about Somalia, kinship and respect to even research our history. Even North Sudan is also a bit foreign to them, and that crazy considering considering sudanese people are literally afro arab, speak arabic, have arab culture (since 14th century) whilst Somalis are not. The arab league was created to unify arab speaking countries in the Middle East and partially to assist Palestine in its struggle as well as other Levantine arabs. The reason why Somalia was also included in the arab league is because of the banu hashim stories in Somalia (which have been debunked).

Furthermore, why can't Somali's use the script of Ethiopia instead? We are the same people, its an african ancient script (yes, I know thousands of years ago people theorise it came from Yemen however that hasn't been academically confirmed) and it doesn't take us away from being less muslim.

Why do Somalis always have to link ourselves with Arabs? Turkey doesn't do this and neither does Iran. These are communities who although are not arab, they could pass as one and neighbour them as well. It's typically poorer muslims who do this and muslims with lack of documented great histories (key: I said lack of documented history, not lack of history). Meanwhile Somalia is close to gulf arabs but not land bordering.

Furthermore, I am no expert and still a student trying to understand. I have a lot to learn, and you did make me think about why Somalia is using a Latin script. It does seem a bit useless I agree. Furthermore, who decided Somalia should use a Latin script? Was it by force? No. Somali leaders willingly decided to use the Latin script. To call this colonisation is stupid. I conclude that Somali leaders appeared to lack some self-respect when they did that. They were not forced. I dislike the term colonisation on certain issues like the script because to foreigners, it makes it appear like somali men were psychologically defeated by white men and were easy to trick, like little children. This is false and hilarious. Somalis are a very smart ethnic group, who despite being one of the poorest countries, have a huge self-respect for themselves - sometimes bordering on narcissism.

if you think im bantu you havent seen me in the clan section. fake nationalist baa tahay. faan about muh qabiil are the best expressing typical xoolo traits.
She thinks 90% of this site is bantu lmao. When someone says what she doesn't like, she accuses them of being bantu. She's always on the lookout for the bantu spook hiding in the dark, waiting. I think she might need therapy. Many criticism here are harsh against ourselves, but i don't know how it became about bantus.

Trending