Somalis are a smart ethnic group, why is the country not united?

Exactly, the only thing that will unite Somalis is a rich country that has a lot to offer. Somalis are vain, they will get addicted and unite.

Can you give me an example of a country? I really don't want to be seeing Somali girls in the future burning hijab like in Iran lol
Are even Somali? You know nothing about Somalia or it’s people value their religion than wealth they’re desert nomads and proud of their freedom and beliefs

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
That’s because the smartest of Somalis have given up on Somalia, focusing on their careers in the West.

Those that remain are either talented Somalis back home with no means to succeed or the dumber sections of our society.

The vast majority of Somalis in politics and forums are of average to below average intellect. Thats because everyone smarter than them has been put off by ineptitude.

Reminder that the concept of secular policies under a nationalist state is the result of colonialism, clan-based territories has always been the foundation of Somali society.
No it is not.

Every society changes over the years. Somalis in the 20th-21st century are not the same as Somalis in the 14th century who are not the same as Somalis in the 10th century. Somalis change literally every couple of centuries.

Secondly, can you give me an example of how this form of secularism is foreign to somali or somali history the way I just described it? I don't think what I said was exactly secular like the west or foreign in Somali history. I'm not advocating for women running around without tops or any other things the West likes for their part of the world. I literally said don't force hijab. Please show me, whether this was during Ajuraan empire or Adal empire or other historical somali periods, where we had the society (which is borderline very similar to Saudi history and customs).

Thirdly, if you look at Somalis in the late 1800s or early 1900s, or the way foreigners (not only cadaan people, other groups as well), describe Somali culture and societies, there was no such thing as little girls wearing jilbab or al shab**** or stoning people like you see in Southern Somalia.

Fourthly, yes some forms of secular policies are a form of colonialism, however, if you link every little change or suggestion in Somalia, whether this is new forms of policies we want or other things on colonialism, it sounds very desperate and borderline cadaan obsessive. It's embarrassing to mention the west or blame everything on them when colonialism ended a long time ago.

Are even Somali? You know nothing about Somalia or it’s people value their religion than wealth they’re desert nomads and proud of their freedom and beliefs
Yes I am somali. Somalis are very proud and vain. It's true. We are obsessed with ourselves and very proud people. However, the only reason people think Somalis are religious is because all our girls wear hijab (mostly social pressure as well). Please give me an example of how Somalis are religious people? Some are on welfare and lying about income, others are supporting their clans do immoral crimes and injustice, others support al sh*** which kills innocent children and women whilst the rest are druggies obsessed with Khat. So please, give me an example of how Somalis are "religious" compared to other communities around the world. :)

Not to mention, in the West, Somalis are one of the least religious groups. Our girls are usually the muslims who are dancing on tiktok, our boys are usually the only muslims in gangs and some fathers sometimes leave their families and nowhere to be seen. This is the funniest claim I have ever heard. "Somalis value religion". The only muslims who value religion a lot of Arabs, mostly Saudi Arabians.

Yes I am somali. Somalis are very proud and vain. It's true. We are obsessed with ourselves and very proud people. However, the only reason people think Somalis are religious is because all our girls wear hijab (mostly social pressure as well). Please give me an example of how Somalis are religious people? Some are on welfare and lying about income, others are supporting their clans do immoral crimes and injustice, others support al sh*** which kills innocent children and women whilst the rest are druggies obsessed with Khat. So please, give me an example of how Somalis are "religious" compared to other communities around the world. :)
Pray salah , read Quran, when you have belief you’ll understand it’s something that’s always with you

Op You chat xaar , that nasty agenda of yours can be smelled miles coward.
angry animation GIF by Tony Babel

Idiot what has what girls wear got to do with you? .
Typical coward hiding under so called unity /nationalism while trying to diss what we stand for.

Idiot what has what girls wear got to do with you? .
Typical coward hiding under so called unity /nationalism while trying to diss what we stand for.
Umm maybe because I am a girl? In the future I don't want my 3 year old girls forced to wear jilbab in Xamar. I want them to have a childhood.

Also the whole point of this thread was to investigate what Somalis stand for. Give me a reason why you want little girls wearing jilbab? What are the benefits? Secondly, I was also discussing that if Somalis were truly religious, then we wouldn't be in this situation where have many war crimes in this country and people have gotten away with it due to our worship of "clans".

If you don't have anything to contribute except calling users "idiots" with agendas, then do not involve yourself in intellectual discussions.

Secondly, I was also discussing that if Somalis were truly religious, then we wouldn't be in this situation where have many war crimes in this country and people have gotten away with it due to our worship of "clans".
You hit the nail perfectly !
If they were truly „religious“ they wouldn’t kill each other over qabil matter
There are Million of things that are haram like khat & they dont focus on real Problems

Mozart

You need people like me
It really must suck being you, you're always so miserable and bitter :drakewtf:

Not even going to bother responding to that Madow loser @reer
No, I’m honest with myself. If we were smart we would have built successful communities in the west like the Sikhs or Turks. Instead in nearly every major city we reside in we’re known for imitating lowly groups.

No, I’m honest with myself. If we were smart we would have built successful communities in the west like the Sikhs or Turks. Instead in nearly every major city we reside in we’re known for imitating lowly groups.
Did they come as refugees though? They are self selected migrants from the middle-upper classes in their countries of origin. For instance, imagine a massive war in India happens against the Dalits (bottom of the caste hierarchy) and they're forced to come to the west, bringing their....interesting ways with them (eg. beating people to death over a cow, throwing poo at each other, worshipping anything and everything ), would they be seen as "successful"? Instead of the self selected tech nerds we see everywhere instead? Have some perspective here :rolleyes:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Just live your life walaal and contribute to where you reside. Make a name for yourself , I'm guessing since you reside in the West that you have so much potentials and opportunities for you to blossom and do good for yourself and your community , start from there.
That is just my opinion , you know actually we do love the concept of a "Golden Somalia" to revive that era, to be realistic I envisioned that Ideal for years.
Unfortunately we have to look at the bright side we won't eradicate the intertwined wahabbi mentality embedded in the minds of absentee civilisation , inequality , 4.5 clan segregation system , poverty , lawlessness , unreported crimes and high illiteracy rates so easily.

Let go of Somalia , as much as I hate to admit , despite grasping with the facts , it's a lost hope to ever believe that change would come knocking on our doorstep.
The problem isn't the exterior but rather some entities within our country that thrive on war and terror , how can we easily defeat them when warlords are elected as state leaders , reckless mass murdering criminals recruited as the national army.

It's going downhill as we are speaking.

There's no point of repatriating nor changing the minds of people if they think this the way of life.

Sadly to say many are out of touch with reality and living in their own bubbles of delusions.

Look I am not pessimistic or anything related , I admire your courage , the will and the dedication to uplift our people but as I said earlier some people would rather turn a blind eye to the matter , just look at your perfect thread, your message is falling on deaf ears , and we can see certain individuals attempting to derail .

Keep on the fight , I see a strong willed person.
As for me, The Somalia I once knew forever changed , I cannot look as the same anymore
to witness the horror unfolded in my own hometown and surviving with my life , is something that pains me to this very day , the fighting and instabilities displaced t thousands of Somalis we survived a dangerous journey living in a country where our days could be numbered.

It doesn't bring me any closures to see the situation of Somalis and their homeland deteriorating.
It looks like I may die here than being buried where my ancestors lived for generation and that is common among the Somali youths of South Africa.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts