Somalis are a smart ethnic group, why is the country not united?

Omg, please it’s constructive criticism. Ignoring the elephant in the room will not help. I’m a very proud Somali btw.
Nobody likes being told that they are failing in life, so it is better to numb yourself and ignore the criticism. No one likes people talking badly about their nation no matter how true it is.

It takes a very strong person to acknowledge and accept their failings in life and an even stronger person to correct those wrongs.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
He is telling the truth. You can act like the somalis are the greatest people But the truth is that somalis are 60% autistic and 40% corrupted
reaction. mood GIF
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

reer

VIP
Are you Bantu? You don’t have to be so insulting towards Somalis. We’re not trash.
i put bantuweyne as a joke. the weird kids in the general section think im claiming bantu. lol. but yes somalis are utter trash. backstabbing bottom of the barrel trash. after multiple trips to somalia. i am disillusioned. theres 95% no hope for the disgrace of human beings we are.

Based

VIP
i put bantuweyne as a joke. the weird kids in the general section think im claiming bantu. lol. but yes somalis are utter trash. backstabbing bottom of the barrel trash. after multiple trips to somalia. i am disillusioned. theres 95% no hope for the disgrace of human beings we are.
Preach
Praise The Lord Applause GIF

why your people are christians and not muslims ?

Because our first encounters with the Islamic world were less than peaceful; we were attacked by the Turks, Egyptians and the Afro-Arabs over a period of centuries and lost millions of people fighting them all off.

The British also prohibited Muslims from proselytising in the South when they retook Sudan in 1899.

We also rejected Christianity during the colonial era; we only converted en mass in the 1980s when Khartoum reneged on the 1972 peace Agreement.

Because our first encounters with the Islamic world were less than peaceful; we were attacked by the Turks, Egyptians and the Afro-Arabs over a period of centuries and lost millions of people fighting them all off.

The British also prohibited Muslims from proselytising in the South when they retook Sudan in 1899.

We also rejected Christianity during the colonial era; we only converted en mass in the 1980s when Khartoum reneged on the 1972 peace Agreement.
They wouldn't have attacked you if you converted to islam.

Somalia don’t have a writing script so what other script would we use?? Arabic?? Somalis can already read Arabic and write it (most can’t understand), maybe that would’ve been a good alternative except it has no useful purpose in this globalised world where Arabic speaking countries are the least powerful and only surviving via oil. I always thought the Habesha scripts should have been used since we are similar people, just like how other cadaans used Latin.
The Arabic script would increase the literacy rate, make it easier to decipher classical texts, increase socio-political relations within the Arab league and so forth. There is literally no reason for a Latin script in modern-day Somalia; lots of countries that don't use latin (e.g Japan, China, Russia) are developed countries with very strong diplomatic relations with the west.

in regards to clubs etc, that’s what happens in a modern world. Have a look at major cities in the west, you have loads of foreign influenced cuisines and cultures (I.e Indian food, kebabs, African American hip hop culture). Having clubs in Somalia is not an example of colonisation but globalisation. Countries such as Japan who have never been colonised have had the same thing (in fact, Japan has behaved like a colonisER in its history). Likewise, European countries who have never been colonised have adopted many things from other people cultures (from food to music).
Not necessarilly. While Somalia was becoming secular during the late 70's Iran was undergoing an Islamic revolution and Egypt was finalizing it's state religion. The problem with your post is that globalization is a vague term and there are multiple factors that result to it. For the west it was due to mass migration, in east Asia a byproduct of U.S intervention, and in Somalia colonization.
Also, we shouldn’t be so obsessed with our previous traditional way of lookomg at clans. So what about how clan leaders were called peacekeepers? Who cares? Give me one country who still has clans in the country. I mean, I don’t mind having a clan-based country however as long as we are doing well with it.
Oman, Ethiopia, most of the middle-east? What do you mean by this?
You do realise literally the entire world has had clans, but guess what, when they realised the world was developing more without it, they dropped it. Countries all over Asia and Europe were patriarchal clan based societies at one point. Leaving it behind is not colonisation, especially because clan culture in Somalia is very marginalising and racist. Have a look at Raxaweyn or Tumaal and other less powerful clans experience in Somali society.
Again, not necessarily. Europe has adopted a feudal system from the advent of Christianity long before they were "developing more without it". Similar circumstances happened in east Asia. I'm not saying there isn't any flaws in clannism but there is a very clear way that it can be implemented in the modern day world.

Overall you have decent points but I don't agree with the premise that imitating western countries = success.

Last edited:
Because it's a anarchism isnt the way.
I understand where you are coming from but these "problems" aren't going away anytime soon. Most of us carry a "poison" in our hearts and minds. The best way to remove a tumor is to perform a resection operation and incinerate the tissue.