Somalis and their “fish phobia”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about this with my cousin the other day and it made us generally confused. We have the longest coastline in Africa and the majority of Somalis live on the coast, yet we do not have a single “fish dish”. At sabs, we eat meat and chicken but never fish. Even the Xabesha and Sudanis don’t eat fish. Why? Was one of our ancestors swallowed by a whale that led to a hatred of fish?

Question for the philosophers :hillarybiz:

Nope Ethiopians love fish! If you especially go to the city with the big lakes like Tana and Arba Minch you will find fish galor. Even tho they may not be as popular as other dishes you will find at least one fish dish at every Ethiopian restaurant in America.

**FYI fish is the only kind of animal orthodox Christian are allowed to eat during fasting season hence why it's popular in Ethiopia.

I was talking about this with my cousin the other day and it made us generally confused. We have the longest coastline in Africa and the majority of Somalis live on the coast, yet we do not have a single “fish dish”. At sabs, we eat meat and chicken but never fish. Even the Xabesha and Sudanis don’t eat fish. Why? Was one of our ancestors swallowed by a whale that led to a hatred of fish?

Question for the philosophers :hillarybiz:
We eat fish and chips here every week in the UK. Fish oil is great for intelligence and helps the brain, we always enjoy fish and chips as a family.

:ahh:

Yall are missing out!:eating::eating:

fish-chips-with-tartar.jpg

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I can't stomache fish or any sea food, it stinks terribly. Complete labolabo:nahgirl:

Its in my dna to eat hilib ari:ahh:

I love fish and from time to time go fishing with my mates. But if my mothers smells it, she would vomit and therefore, it was banned in our house.

@Molotoff

You don’t know what camels stand for Somalis, it’s like liquor to Europeans. Seafood is considered food for the poor who can’t own camels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending