Somalis and their “fish phobia”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Warning: please stay away from fish food while visiting Somalia. the massive amounts of illegally dumped radioactive nuclear waste in our ocean are poisoning the seas and devastating the local population. Fish consumers back home are more likely to get cancer and other deadly diseases than animal meat consumers.

This almost extinct Cushitic tribe in Kenya is entirely reliant on fish. They have developed a number of disease due to over consumption of fish.They were originally a proto Somali or lost Rendille tribe.

This almost extinct Cushitic tribe in Kenya is entirely reliant on fish. They have developed a number of disease due to over consumption of fish.They were originally a proto Somali or lost Rendille tribe.
I think there’s also another cushitic tribe called yaaku where there’s only 11 pure members left and the rest mixed with the nilotics and bantus :wow1:a moment of silence for all our fallen cushitic siblings :wow:
710621.jpg

I was talking about this with my cousin the other day and it made us generally confused. We have the longest coastline in Africa and the majority of Somalis live on the coast, yet we do not have a single “fish dish”. At sabs, we eat meat and chicken but never fish. Even the Xabesha and Sudanis don’t eat fish. Why? Was one of our ancestors swallowed by a whale that led to a hatred of fish?

Question for the philosophers :hillarybiz:
Prophet yunus syndrome.

:chrisfreshhah::mjlol:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Why fish when we have so much meat.
You have to work and provide for your animals to be able to eat them it sows your hard owning and have money.
Alhamdulliah Allah gave us the sea with the best and more varied amount of fish so all you needed to do was just fish but it's not as tasty and filling as meat.
My favourite is lamb

I think there’s also another cushitic tribe called yaaku where there’s only 11 pure members left and the rest mixed with the nilotics and bantus :wow1:a moment of silence for all our fallen cushitic siblings :wow:
710621.jpg
nvm it’s 10 people left that can speak the language, idk how many pure yaakus are left, luckily they’re teaching students the yaaku language to prevent it from going extinct

Why fish when we have so much meat.
You have to work and provide for your animals to be able to eat them it sows your hard owning and have money.
Alhamdulliah Allah gave us the sea with the best and more varied amount of fish so all you needed to do was just fish but it's not as tasty and filling as meat.
My favourite is lamb
Providing fishermen with more jobs will improve our economy. Yet we have lots of ppl not doing anything. Let them work for a fishing industry and the gdp will go up and unemployment will decrease.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I don’t get it. You guys have been blessed with the longest coast line in Africa, and you refuse to enjoy the fruits of the sea. Serbia would kill for a strip of a coastline like yours (and they did, but failed).

Fish is cheap, healthy and delicious. It could be a great source of income for Somalia if you only took advantage of it. No shame in being a fisherman, it is a noble occupation, one of the oldest. So you say that people in Somalia are to proud to eat fish, even at the cost of starving?? That is insane.

Oortcloud

Expert in jinn exorcism-jinni ceejiye
We eat fish every friday in my house and fish is must for every married man as it is aphrosiastic .chicken is different because poor Somalis can't afford to buy it.
Imported chicken cost 2 dollars while local chicken is around 6 dollars.that is a lot of money back home.

Oortcloud

Expert in jinn exorcism-jinni ceejiye
Dont worry we are licensing fish companies to fish In our waters legally
They make profit and we make money
Win Win

The oceans are heavily polluted especially around Somalia were nuclear waste was dumped, it's a great blessing in disguise our people don't consume it upon masses.

In places like Bari were it is consumed, there is a high rate of deformities in children as a result of all the toxic poisons in the fish as well as different forms of cancers.

As for those in the diaspora the situation is equally as bad, most of the fish consumed is the highly poisoned farm fish, if you care anything about your long-term health you would stop this.

Must watch documentary for those consuming fish in the diaspora.

I don’t get it. You guys have been blessed with the longest coast line in Africa, and you refuse to enjoy the fruits of the sea. Serbia would kill for a strip of a coastline like yours (and they did, but failed).

Fish is cheap, healthy and delicious. It could be a great source of income for Somalia if you only took advantage of it. No shame in being a fisherman, it is a noble occupation, one of the oldest. So you say that people in Somalia are to proud to eat fish, even at the cost of starving?? That is insane.

Dude, please don’t underestimate Somali pride :icon lol:

Also, we don’t eat fish because historically our people were inland nomads who depended on livestock for food. Despite building coastal cities, we still stuck to our diets of meat and milk. Culture is very hard to shake off.

Status
Not open for further replies.