Somaliland sentences a poet and a YouTuber to 2 years in prison & hefty fine for offending the President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
So much for being the beacon of democracy in the Horn of Africa. Muse Bihi’s admin sentenced a poet for offending the President and a YouTuber for filming the poems and posting them online.

Amiira Shirre oo ah gabadh youtuber ah oo ku nool magaalada Burco, ayaa sheegtay in maxkamadi ku xukuntay 2 sano oo xadhig ah iyo caddad lacageed oo ganaax ah, kadib markii ay muuqaal ka duubtay nin abwaan ah oo gabay ku dhaliilay madaxweynaha Somaliland, isla markaana, abwaankiina sanad iyo dheeraad lagu xukumay.

"Aniga maanta sida la'iiso sheegay xukunkaygu 2 sano iyo intaasoo lacag ah ayuu noqday, waxa laygu xukumay horta ha la ii sheego, anuu waxan ahay dadkii u codeeyay madaxweynaha, ee u halgamay ee habeen iyo maali usoo jeeday, maantana waxa layskaga kay xukumayaa Af-soomaali, waxan codsanayaa in arrinkayga lagu noqdo, aniga iyo abwaanka 4 cisho ayaa midna sanad midna laba sano noo dbiibteen" ayay tidhi Amiira.

"Anigu muwaadinad reer Somaliland ah baan ahay, gabay qof madax ah lagu dhaliilayo uun baan duubay, wax maanta lanagu xukumo oo lanagu xag xagto maanaan samaynin, anigu muwaadinad baan ahay waddan kayga wali dhana u maan dhaafin maxaad igu xukumaysaan ee aad iga eryanaysaan" ayay hadalkeeda ku dartay Amiira iyadoo ilmaynaysa.

Amiira ayaa sheegatay in ay tahay gabadh dhalinyaro ah, oo anay iska xajinayn xukunka ay sheegtay in lagu riday, isla markaana, uu ficilka lagula kacay yahay xoriyada hadalka, oo meel lagaga dhacay.

"Anigu gabadh baan ahay xukun iskama xajinayo, dhaliil kaliya ayaan soo jeedinay aniga iyo inankaa abwaan ka ah, waxanu nahay dhalinyaradii gobolka marka nala cabudhiyo maxaa berri ka maalin na lagu samayn karaa" ayay tidhi Amiira iyadoo ooyaysa.

Amiira ayaa muuqaalka cabashadeeda kasuu duubtay gudaha guri anay sheegin meesha uu yahay. Abwaanka ay muuqaalka ka duubtay oo ku magac dheer abwaan Qanciye ayaa la sheegay in 4 maalmood ka hor xabsiga loo taxaabay.

The “offensive” poems in question criticizes the administration while praising the opposition party Wadani. Is this worth imprisoning someone? You be the judge.

Amira posted a video begging for leniency from Kim Jong-Bihi explaining that all she did was interview the poet and post the videos on her channel.

Somalilanders are mocking her in the comments. If only she were from the right Habar subclan this wouldn’t have happened to her. #JusticeForAmira

Does It Even Exist Female Prison Over There
Intrigue Lets See GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Duchess

VIP
Does It Even Exist Female Prison Over There
Intrigue Lets See GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I’m not sure but she is probably terrified of the Nigerian rapist Somaliland police use to threaten female inmates with. If you’re not familiar read below 👇

Poetess and activist Naema Ahmed Qorane who was sentenced to three years jail term Sunday by a court in Hargeisa was threatened with rape and death by members of the intelligence agency,
NIA, defence lawyers have said.

The lawyers, Jamaal Hussein Ahmed, Mubarak Abdi Ismail and Jama Ismail Ali said in a sworn affidavit Naema who has been in police custody since January 27 was subjected to abuse and threats of rape by the National Intelligence Agency in Hargeisa.

The lawyers told the court the National Intelligence Agency, NIA officers threatened the defendant with death and rape. “They threatened to unleash on her a Nigerian to do anything he wants (sexually assault her),” the affidavit read in part, ‘They said the Nigerian was within the station and had been ‘deployed severally to sexually assault women in the police cell’.

All the so called regional presidents from Mussa Bixii, Saciid Dani, Ahmed Madobe etc they’ll dictators putting the citizen once they called them out for their sheer corruption and incompetence. Allow amuraha sahal.

Why do people think that Muse Bixi is micromanaging everything? and the guy just lost an election by doing these things would not woe the voters over to him in next years presidential election.

If anything the judicial branch need an overhaul that is where the problem is...

Duchess

VIP
All the so called regional presidents from Mussa Bixii, Saciid Dani, Ahmed Madobe etc they’ll dictators putting the citizen once they called them out for their sheer corruption and incompetence. Allow amuraha sahal.

President Deni has never arrested anyone for offending him. 2 years ago popular YouTuber Mama Malyun was in front of Villa Garowe insulting him for days on end and no one touched her. Only Somaliland arrests poets, singers, and YouTubers for petty things like wearing the wrong color or visiting Somalia. What I said does not apply if you’re from the ruling family HA though. Almost all those imprisoned have been Garhajis.

Why do people think that Muse Bixi is micromanaging everything? and the guy just lost an election by doing these things would not woe the voters over to him in next years presidential election.

If anything the judicial branch need an overhaul that is where the problem is...
Who Do You Think Will Win In Next Year's Election Surely People Are Fed Up With Biixi
:gaasdrink:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

:lolbron: Pot calling kettle black and all

Duchess

VIP
Who Do You Think Will Win In Next Year's Election Surely People Are Fed Up With Biixi

I suspect Fais is Garhajis and giving himself false hope of Kim Jong-Bihi being deposed. He’s not going anywhere.

Duchess

VIP

:lolbron:

They were arrested for spreading propaganda not for hurting the President’s feelings like your fragile uncle. I posted the poems and the poet never once insulted Bihi. The most absurd part of this all is that Amira got arrested for filming him and posting it on her socials. I dare you to find a similar case in Puntland.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
They were arrested for spreading propaganda not for hurting the President’s feelings like your fragile uncle. I posted the poems and the poet never once insulted Bihi. The most absurd part of this all is that Amira got arrested for filming him and posting it on her socials. I dare you to find a similar case in Puntland.
Free speech is free speech can’t come for somaliland when you don’t have one ur self soooooo
whatever-hands.gif

Duchess

VIP
Free speech is free speech can’t come for somaliland when you don’t have one ur self soooooo
whatever-hands.gif

You don’t understand what free speech is. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc all censor disinformation. Show me one example of Puntland arresting someone for hurting the Presidents feelings. I’ll wait.

Duchess

VIP
Wtf!

They are using a Nigerian rapist against female prisoners?

Basically, what they are saying is that Madow men are like animals or that they are below Somali men and being raped by one is worse or even more painful than being raped by a Somali man.

It wasn’t just a threat. The Nigerian had been used against other female inmates so he’s very real.

‘They said the Nigerian was within the station and had been ‘deployed severally to sexually assault women in the police cell’.

I’m not sure but she is probably terrified of the Nigerian rapist Somaliland police use to threaten female inmates with. If you’re not familiar read below 👇

This female is a hypocrite and a liar, she is a staunch NN/Fahad Yaasin fan...

If she really went through that in the hands of Somaliland NIA she would have had some compassion and understanding for what Ikran Tahlil went through and she ended up dead in the hands of Somalia NISA.

And her father was ruining in the sham elections as a NN candidate.

Duchess

VIP
This female is a hypocrite and a liar, she is a staunch NN/Fahad Yaasin fan...

If she really went through that in the hands of Somaliland NIA she would have had some compassion and understanding for what Ikran Tahlil went through and she ended up dead in the hands of Somalia NISA.

And her father was ruining in the sham elections as a NN candidate.

Whatever her political opinions, I will not question the plight of a woman who claims her clansmen used threats of rape against her. I believe her.

Why is Amiira terrified of going to prison? Clearly she knows what’s going to happen to her there.

Muse Bixi is scrambling to save his next tenure, it's all in the hands of Cirro now but he has do to better than he is doing right now....

I think it's gonna be a close one.....hard to call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending