DEVELOPING NEWS Somaliland officials: Koonfuris from Reer Muqdisho cannot vote in SL

Even if somalia gets better I really doubt we would experience a mass wave of immigrants. Look at other African countries, they have similar laws but they don't hand out citizenships easily. Most countries require having a job, some amount of money, living in the country for some years , entering the country legally etc . It's not automatic
Ok you haven't answered on why we should have it. You're only saying no one wants to come to Somalia.

I think non Isaaq except for Dir and Harti Waqooyi should be allowed to vote in Somaliland. Because Hawiye and Kablalax including Marehan are not loyal to Somaliland. Just look at what Axmed Madoobe is doing in Jubaland. I would advice Idoors not to allow tribes that border Somaliland like Majerteen and Ogaden not to give any rights in Somaliland they will create Pan Kablalax ism in Somaliland just like how they are destroying south Somalia now.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
The reason they canf

First of all wajaale is in somaliland :mjlol: . 2nd if you are not native SL and you dont have the right papers you cant vote. That is not only hawiye that is every other clan that is not native to Sl . Including your clan from gedo :mjlaugh: .
the people from Gaashaamo or Wajaale(ethiopia) never shared a nation state with the people from Hargaisa, but the people from Mogadishu did. Alot of SL infrastructure is build by Somalia not Ethiopia, but due to clan you will let an Isaaq from Ethiopia vote but not a Hawiyo from Somalia.

the people from Gaashaamo or Wajaale(ethiopia) never shared a nation state with the people from Hargaisa, but the people from Mogadishu did. Alot of SL infrastructure is build by Somalia not Ethiopia, but due to clan you will let an Isaaq from Ethiopia vote but not a Hawiyo from Somalia.
I agree with you Hawiye should be allowed to vote in Somaliland. However Ogaden and Majerteen should not be allowed to vote in Somaliland. They share a long biorder with Somaliland so they could become an extensial threat to the vabric of Somaliland society.

Last edited:
A long term resident in Hargaisa who has been living there 20 years, he pays tax and adds to the economy, but he cannot become a citizen and he cannot vote because of the clan he is born from, his clan is Hawiyo, but an Ethiopian from Wajaale who does not pay tax, is automatically considered citizen and can vote because his clan is Isaaq.
I need a response to this guys :mjpls:

@Wir @BigBreak

Som

VIP
I'm not too sure but ethnic Somalis follow their aabo abtiriis therefore regardless of their mother their eligibility might be determined by only their father's side

When SL gets recognized I'm sure both reer Somalia and reer Djibouti will have almost the same rights as SL citizens eg free movement of people just like in the European Union on the basis of reciprocity. Therefore the rules of citizenship isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things
Considering how much SL leaders are hostile towards reer Somalia especially miskiin immigrants I really doubt they would have freedom of movement for us. Maybe just for reer Somalia with western passports and money, but poor Raxanweyn migrants won't have any rights

Som

VIP
Ok you haven't answered on why we should have it. You're only saying no one wants to come to Somalia.
We should have because it's morally right to give rights to people who have been living with you for a long time. It also integrates people into the society and encourage immigrants to work hard to get permanent status in the country and eventually citizenship which is like a reward for their efforts

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Even if somalia gets better I really doubt we would experience a mass wave of immigrants. Look at other African countries, they have similar laws but they don't hand out citizenships easily. Most countries require having a job, some amount of money, living in the country for some years , entering the country legally etc . It's not automatic
Yeah why would africans want to live with the most racist people on the continent. :mjlaugh:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
We do control Jubaland we have the most deqma in Jubaland and we Marehan are in Goobweyn 10 km from Kismaayo and Jamaame.
@SPMLegend @JalleGeesi
giphy.gif

Really? I was recently visted by a Sacad uncle who lives in Burco who voted in the elections for golaha wakhilada. He voted for a member of the Kulmiye party. Is this a new law? Very unfair for the Hawiye businessmen who live in SL and for the Fiqishini that are native to Sool iyo Sanaag.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
Really? I was recently visted by a Sacad uncle who lives in Burco who voted in the elections for golaha wakhilada. He voted for a member of the Kulmiye party. Is this a new law? Very unfair for the Hawiye businessmen who live in SL and for the Fiqishini that are native to Sool iyo Sanaag.
Slight correction, fiqishini only live in sool (Adhicadeeye) there’s none in sanaag

We should have because it's morally right to give rights to people who have been living with you for a long time. It also integrates people into the society and encourage immigrants to work hard to get permanent status in the country and eventually citizenship which is like a reward for their efforts
Morally right according to your point of view. I would say it is downright immoral to replace a native population. Also 7 years is not a long time. People who have been living there for generations do have rights and representation.

Trending