Somaliland Chamber of Commerce Concerned about the proposed tariff increase at Dp World's port town of Berbera

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
This increased of Somaliland Nolol duruuri merchandise such as butter, milk, bread and all household products such as construction material prices in the traingle region of Somaliland was already through out the roof.

As I have mentioned period, DP World has record of sky roiting regions it operates with it's many tarrif and heavy taxation practices,Djbouti is prime example of this, this will definitely have a devastating impact on most of the Somalilanders who earn a dollar a day by average.

img-20211227-wa00005175217471771517495.jpg

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Dp world are scambags who like to rip off poor African countries. They're currently charging $3500 for importing a single vehicle in SL

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Dp world are scambags who rip off poor African countries. They're currently charging $3500 for importing a single vehicle in SLt

Damn that is a lot, when I lived in Houston, TX Nigerians and Ghanese importers used to resemble four or five small sedans in a single container and ship to West Africa for 1500$ only, not sure how it would cost that much to import a car to Somaliland.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Damn that is a lot, when I lived in Houston, TX Nigerians and Ghanese importers used to resemble four or five small sedans in a single container and ship to West Africa for 1500$ only, not sure how it would cost that much to import a car to Somaliland.
Before dp world took over berbera port, my uncle imported a huge pickup truck from Sweden for less than a grand

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Dp world are scambags who like to rip off poor African countries. They're currently charging $3500 for importing a single vehicle in SL

That's not DPW that's the import tax which is set by govt. I brought my car over last year.

Port Fees is only a few hundred taken by DPW

Reborn
Why would the tariff rate go through the roof the minute DPW takes over the port ?

It's cause the government is finally acting like a government by taxing goods through Berbera port and raising substantial TAX revenue from it :tacky:

Let's hope this momentum carries into Taxing company profits :reallymaury: