Somalian and Somali- let's embrace both

Apollo

VIP
What's the difference between Reer May and Reer Digil? I thought they came under one branch?

Also, do we even have a substantial amount of Oromos for them to be seen as an ethnic group that resides in Somalia/Sland?

They have difficulties understanding each other. Maxa speakers lump them together, but their languages diverged a long ass time ago.

There are a huge amount of illegal Oromos in Somalia. Biggest recent migrant group.

They have difficulties understanding each other. Maxa speakers lump them together, but their languages diverged a long ass time ago.

There are a huge amount of illegal Oromos in Somalia. Biggest recent migrant group.

Oromos are illegal invaders who need to be deported, they should never enter a conversation about who is Somali or who isn't. That's exactly their goal.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
somalian sounds stupid how about we just call the non somalis for the somali minorities or the ajnabies and call ourselfs somali simple

Apollo

VIP
Oromos are illegal invaders who need to be deported, they should never enter a conversation about who is Somali or who isn't. That's exactly their goal.

:lol: It wouldn't surprise me if some liberal politician gives them amnesty and naturalizes them as Somali citizens. Some of them have been there for decades and no longer wish to move the Gulf and use Somalia as stopping point.

:lol: It wouldn't surprise me if some liberal politician gives them amnesty and naturalizes them as Somali citizens. Some of them have been there for decades and no longer wish to move the Gulf and use Somalia as stopping point.

That's the day we should officially call Somalia "Oromia" and start shoulder shaking.
RIP Somalia.

This is an existential threat :mjcry:

What makes the whole situation alarming is that in border villages and qabils that border them, Oromo and Somali intermarriages are common. I personally think there is nothing wrong with interethic marriages but the Somalis in those areas are losing their identities. Furthermore, there are now ethnic Somalis in those villages who now not only speak Oromo, but also only identify with Oromia.

Azania

I have no mouth & I must scream
Somalia needs a re-branding. Like how some companies or brands change their name after a scandal.

Azania is a nice name. Let's take it, before South Africa takes it (some whispers that they want to change their name to Azania).
I can’t believe countries are fighting over my name. I have a patent on it, and I am willing to give a good discount to you my brother before the South Africans make their offer
:tocry::yousmart:

I can’t believe my name went from being mistaken for arabic word for female fornicator to potential country name. I will cherish this W:rejoice:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
What's a bigger pick-me than a thirsty Habesha strolling on SOMALISPOT?
Stay the hell out of my topics you pathetic interloper.
Were you expecting some cookie for being anti other Africans , how pathetic
This is a public forum , not your mom’s house. And FYI I am not the only one who gave you thumbs down, your own Somalians disagreed with you.

This thread should be moved to qashin