Somalia - Somaliland Talks

amboli

DIR POWER
Honestly this is all their fault, between Siad and the Hawiye their country is no more. Who would want to join that? Come on man. This is the same government that did the genocide, then useless Xaarmajo makes a fake apology whilst still in denial that it was clan-based when it clearly was. And this dude still has Morgan in his government and sucks off Abiy every morning that's why even though Ethiopia is pro-SL he's pandering and begging for union. And you gotta pay attention to the words he chooses, he literally says to best exploit the resources of the Somali people, both human and natural there must be unity. What a hypocrite, what about Ogaden? I don't see him trying to give that up, what about NFD? I've never seen Kenya-Somalia reconciliatory talks before. Wth? He just wants us to join each other because he knows he can walk all over the Farmaajo administration and do whatever he wants in Somaliland.

They need to resolve this and move on. In reality it's impossible for Somalia to force a union with you guys because it would cause a civil war. I don't know what the solution is but it needs to happen pronto:mjkkk:

Somaliland ictiraaf will be' hard to achieve without a deal with Somalia. If you guys want full recognition you need to negotiate with Somalia. The two governments need to talk about how to separate, if Somalia accepts your independence you will become a fully recognized country within months but if it doesn't you will stay without ictiraaf for another 30 years and this won't be good for your people.
At this point reunification is unlikely, but still an option. If somalia reunites somaliland would definitely be the most influential part of the country and would be able to use the resources of a much bigger territory. I know you don't care about this but it's definitely something that Bixi will take in consideration
Not at all, Bixi is q staunch secessionist and knows that SL is the most valuable of all. We don't need to negotiate, the UAE and Egypt will recognize us. And both Kenya and Egypt will push for recognition elsewhere

Very good speech by the Djibouti President. Tribal political deadlocks have destroyed us for too long, it's time to move forward, we can't fight over villages or the past. There's a country to be developed and money waiting to be made. The world is moving forward these odeyaal are so short sighted, only thinking of the past and their own interests
Not at all. Tribalism isn't the basis for this, Somalia is a through and through. We can only do so much and aren't responsible for what goes on down South.