Somalia-somaliland negotiation begin soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRACO

VIP
Somaliland announces change of venue for peace talks with Somalia
February 10, 2018

The flag of Somaliland. Photo credit: Online
The self breakaway region of Somaliland has announced Switzerland as the new country to host the talks they will enter with federal Somalia after conducting a reviving talks in Djibouti as a launching pad.

Somaliland foreign minister Dr. Saad Ali Shire who spoke to the media today in Hargeisa made the new outcome saying the talks will be revived in the coming days with an initial one taking place in Djibouti.

“We know that we reached an agreement to revive the talks. There is a request from the federal Somalia to accelerate opening talks though not real discussion will take place when the two leaders will meet in Djibouti. It will be the second time they are going to meet in that country on the same matter.” Minister Shire said.

Minister Shire noted there is a new international mediation ground for the talks after the Djibouti meeting expecting the Somali federal government to accept the new mediator.

“Real talks will begin in an international arena after the initial opening talks. Switzerland has shown readiness to participate and assist in this matter. We hope the other party [federal Somalia] to welcome it” said Minister Shire.

Early February minister Shire announced in Hargeisa of meeting with his Somali government counterpart Ahmed Isse Awad while in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and discussed two major things which were how to revive the talks and the military tension of Tukaraq in Sool region.

Talks between Somaliland and Somalia started in 2012 following the election of President Silanyo.

Goobjoog News

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Typical somaliland requested turkey to be removed from the talks cause turkey is a Muslim country and wants to see Muslims united that’s why somaliland rather have a Christian country like Switzerland and soon I wouldn’t be surprised if somaliland replaces the shahada on their flag with the cross of Jesus the son the ghost and Holy Spirit to gain recognition

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Turkey is a biased country and has conflicts of interest. Down down Erdogan!
Do you want icitiraaf? Then get down on your knees my child I baptise you in the name of the father the son and the Holy Spirit ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I don't get it, what is there to talk about, SFG has the upper hand and will not make any concessions.

DRACO

VIP
I don't get it, what is there to talk about
It will start with basic problems to resolve and find common ground , more about creating a working relationship rather than ictiraaf of union as obviously neither will budge . Maybe farmajo will ask SL to work with PL to cleanse galgala.

Farmaajo needs it to look relevant. Muse needs it to look open to negotiation. Both will meet, then go back to what they were doing before. The negotiation isn't a priority as, beyond coordination on some matters, their portfolios are entirely distinct.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Farmaajo needs it to look relevant. Muse needs it to look open to negotiation. Both will meet, then go back to what they were doing before. The negotiation isn't a priority as, beyond coordination on some matters, their portfolios are entirely distinct.
LOL if war ever brokeout Somaliland would be called an Insurgency dont forget in the worlds eyes , you're no better than South Ossetia and those irrelevant Separatists

DRACO

VIP
LOL if war ever brokeout Somaliland would be called an Insurgency dont forget in the worlds eyes , you're no better than South Ossetia and those irrelevant Separatists
Walleh puntlanders are so delusional I'm wondering if it's a generic now:gucciwhat:

We are considered a de facto state, without de jure legitimacy. It's not in the same category as an insurgency. If a war broke out it would be to our strategic benefit.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
We are considered a de facto state, without de jure legitimacy. It's not in the same category as an insurgency. If a war broke out it would be to our strategic benefit.
How so? Your closest ally Ethiopia shuts you down everytime you talk about Independence

How so? Your closest ally Ethiopia shuts you down everytime you talk about Independence

We have no chance of being independent without either the consent of the SFG or a catastrophic error by them. No state will accept the principle of a state being broken up. We are also rare in the case of de facto states as we have no sponsor. What I mean is, we are self governing and known to be so. So we would not simply be considered as a rebel group.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
We have no chance of being independent without either the consent of the SFG or a catastrophic error by them. No state will accept the principle of a state being broken up. We are also rare in the case of de facto states as we have no sponsor. What I mean is, we are self governing and known to be so. So we would not simply be considered as a rebel group.
Fight the government I'm 100% certain it'll be played out like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending