Somalia should never have existed. It was a colonial trap.

Colonial powers left Africa in a mess, on purpose. They gave some of our land to Ethiopia/Kenya and separated us from Djibouti.

However, the biggest trap was unifying British Somaliland with Italian Somaliland and even forcing Italian Somaliland into one mass of land called "Somalia".

These colonial powers always knew and understood that Somalis are fiercely independent and that every tribe operates as a "nation state", thus forcing these competing "nation states" under one nation and one flag, was always a ticking time bomb!

Eventually, it did explode, did it not?

The first time was 1969 with the illegal coup and then finally in 1991 with all the different nation states taking up arms.

We should have been like the Arabs Khaleejis, people who share a language and familial ties but with completely different countries.

If I am wrong, please tell me why we are until this very day, fighting each other over control and power?

What on earth makes you people think "Somalia" can actually work?

I am baffled, truly.

For instance, look at how happy Hawiye seems to be without Daarood in Mogadishu.
Look at how happy Puntites are, away from authoritarian rule.
Look at Somaliland?

The only reason we are suffering is because we are legally tied to each other and undermining each other.

Let's be free of each other, let's be friendly neighbours, not angry roommates!!

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Imo I think we should aspire for unity instead of pushing division and hatred narratives. Greater Somalia is our motto, that Somali flag represents all Somalis with its five regions. Allah warned against the consequences of division and feuds amongst ourselves in many Quranic verses:
ΩˆΩ„Ψ§ ΨͺΩ†Ψ§Ψ²ΨΉΩˆΨ§ فΨͺΩΨ΄Ω„Ωˆ وΨͺΨ°Ω‡Ψ¨ Ψ±ΩŠΨ­ΩƒΩ…
Do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart; and be patient. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.

Unity tends to win over turbulent times, unity is what will make us stronger in the future, unity leads to prosperity and success. Every nation goes through horrific times and sadly we're currently going through our toughest times. Patience is the key my dear sister.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@PuntiteQueen tell me you’re trolling and not serious :gucciwhat: Somalia is our country and it was never a colonial trap, stop being a self hater.

The true father and siyasi died in las anod to save u wallahi as u were defeated, crushed, hartinimada waa ka tagtay and ogaden abadoned u always us cleaning up your mess. We were going to restructure and bring u back into the order. Mentally, spiritually, politically, and territorially. We did't get the chance till this guy came with his commy mashruc and snatched u up

20181116636779970216343504Siyad_Barre_660_HOL.jpg

PS - Sharmarke ayaa soo saaray abdullahi isse, egal, siyad. Dont listen to the player, learn the game from the master

Maximus

Lord Maximus
If I am wrong, please tell me why we are until this very day, fighting each other over control and power?

What on earth makes you people think "Somalia" can actually work?

I am baffled, truly.

For instance, look at how happy Hawiye seems to be without Daarood in Mogadishu.
Look at how happy Puntites are, away from authoritarian rule.
Look at Somaliland?

The only reason we are suffering is because we are legally tied to each other and undermining each other.

Let's be free of each other, let's be friendly neighbours, not angry roommates!!
I understand what you mean, but we are in the modern world where your idea of a β€˜tribal-nation-state’ is laughable, a chapter in ooga booga tales

In the medieval until the late modern period (Pre WW1 ), Somalis were tribal and had tribal empires.

We functioned normally, of course, skirmishes and fighting also happened but somalis still kept their β€˜unity’ through the common somali identity which defended us against 2 superpowers

Then we entered the Industrial Revolution:

The main characteristic of this age is;

β€”>A Common Identity through Nationalism.

The end the Napoleonic wars brought about the end of Empires and micro states (Congress of Vienna).

These β€˜tribal states’can be compared to somali clans, a common identity, separate kingdoms.

In this age, nations based off of common identities were created. Germany, Italy, And Japan were created during this period.

They all formed their respective nations due to the obscurity of β€˜clans’ in Japan, β€˜Regional Kingdoms’ in Italy, and β€˜Holy Roman States’ in Germany, for the Favour of large and greatly competent Nations

The achievements of a united people is beyond what one state can achieve.

Somalis are facing the same problems that nations have already faced. We are still tribal and Qabilist in our primitive thoughts. As time, industrialisation, and attempted exploitation by foreign nations increases, we will naturally be bound by the common Somali Culture, identity, and language which will force us by nature to espouse Greater Somalia.

This is if we increase in our intelligence. Some people here are acting like their clans are going to survive well into the 21st century. Give it until 2040, people will scoff at the idea of β€˜Puntland’ or β€˜Jubaland’ and will see it as a remnant of History;

much like how a Japanese and Italian will laugh at β€˜Satsuma’ and β€˜the Kingdom of Naples’ being independent states.

TL;DR: The idea of Clan-nation-states will naturally become obscure in history. This due to the steady increase in intelligence which will result in lessened closely bound clan ties and eventually, individualism. Somali people in the future won’t see clans as anything of importance due to increased knowledge and by the time of our deaths, clans will be in the history books.

This is from looking at the history of certain nations during the industrial revolution.

Increased Knowledgeβ€”->Realisation of the Obscurity of Tribalismβ€”>Nationalism

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I understand what you mean, but we are in the modern world where your idea of a β€˜tribal-nation-state’ is laughable, a chapter in ooga booga tales

In the medieval until the late modern period (Pre WW1 ), Somalis were tribal and had tribal empires.

We functioned normally, of course, skirmishes and fighting also happened but somalis still kept their β€˜unity’ through the common somali identity which defended us against 2 superpowers

The end the Napoleonic wars brought about the end of Empires and micro states (Congress of Vienna).

These β€˜tribal states’can be compared to somali clans, a common identity, separate kingdoms.

In this age, nations based off of common identities were created. Germany, Italy, And Japan were created during this period.

They all formed their respective nations due to the obscurity of β€˜clans’ in Japan, β€˜Regional Kingdoms’ in Italy, and β€˜Holy Roman States’ in Germany, for the Favour of large and greatly competent Nations

Somalis are facing the same problems that nations have already faced. We are still tribal and Qabilist in our primitive thoughts. As time, industrialisation, and attempted exploitation by foreign nations increases, we will naturally be bound by the common Somali Culture, identity, and language which will force us by nature to espouse Greater Somalia.

This is if we increase in our intelligence. Some people here are acting like their clans are going to survive well into the 21st century. Give it until 2040, people will scoff at the idea of β€˜Puntland’ or β€˜Jubaland’ and will see it as a remnant of History;

much like how a Japanese and Italian will laugh at β€˜Satsuma’ and β€˜the Kingdom of Naples’ being independent states.

TL;DR: The idea of Clan-nation-states will naturally become obscure in history. This due to the steady increase in intelligence which will result in lessened closely bound clan ties and eventually, individualism. Somali people in the future won’t see clans as anything of importance due to increased knowledge and by the time of our deaths, clans will be in the history books.

This is from looking at the history of certain nations during the industrial revolution.

Increased Knowledgeβ€”->Realisation of the Obscurity of Tribalismβ€”>Nationalism
:hmm:.

:qri8gs7:

Well said m8, enjoyed reading that

Imo I think we should aspire for unity instead of pushing division and hatred narratives. Greater Somalia is our motto, that Somali flag represents all Somalis with its five regions. Allah warned against the consequences of division and feuds amongst ourselves in many Quranic verses:
ΩˆΩ„Ψ§ ΨͺΩ†Ψ§Ψ²ΨΉΩˆΨ§ فΨͺΩΨ΄Ω„Ωˆ وΨͺΨ°Ω‡Ψ¨ Ψ±ΩŠΨ­ΩƒΩ…
Do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart; and be patient. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.

Unity tends to win over turbulent times, unity is what will make us stronger in the future, unity leads to prosperity and success. Every nation goes through horrific times and sadly we're currently going through our toughest times. Patience is the key my dear sister.

Thanks for your comment Karim, I wish I had the patience to endure the nightmarish test that Somalia is.

Thanks for your insightful comment, whilst I agree with what you are saying.

I fear that Somalis will need hundreds of years to move beyond tribal states. Therefore, I'd rather risk being part of a tribal nation than to suffer any longer.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Thanks for your comment Karim, I wish I had the patience to endure the nightmarish test that Somalia is.
A Puntite created that flag; AUN Mohamed Awale. His flag transcends beyond tribal borders, that flag belongs to every Somali individual regardless of his geographical location. The current FGS administration and its policies are outright wrong but they'll depart one day and be forgotten.

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Thanks for your insightful comment, whilst I agree with what you are saying.

I fear that Somalis will need hundreds of years to move beyond tribal states. Therefore, I'd rather risk being part of a tribal nation than to suffer any longer.
It’s up to us, the western youth.

It’s up to us to decide somalia’s fate. We can look beyond herding camels and fighting over wells because we’ve been blessed with security and education.

The new generation of somalis have access to history. We know the good and bad, the beneficial and detrimental.

upload_2020-2-9_14-4-26.jpeg

Is it in the good to continue on a perilous path that has caused chaos than to take a new approach with history as a guide for our destiny?

A Puntite created that flag; AUN Mohamed Awale. His flag transcends beyond tribal borders, that flag belongs to every Somali individual regardless of his geographical location. The current FGS administration and its policies are outright wrong but they'll depart one day and be forgotten.

Karim,

I feel like Puntites are always overextending themselves for the sake of Somali unity.

First it was SYL, which was created by people from the North-East. Then after the collapse of the government, Bosaso's funds and Puntite soldiers were sacrificed to create a federal government.

How much longer do we have to be patient, do we have to sacrifice?

Why is it selfish to look out after our own interests?

Why can't everyone pull themselves up?

It’s up to us, the western youth.

It’s up to us to decide somalia’s fate. We can look beyond herding camels and fighting over wells because we’ve been blessed with security and education.

The new generation of somalis have access to history. We know the good and bad, the beneficial and detrimental.

View attachment 93666

Is it in the good to continue on a perilous path that has caused chaos than to take a new approach with history as a guide for our destiny?

Before that happens, isn't it best that Western youth take over their own ancestral lands?
Once sane, progressive people are in charge in each federal state, we can come together.

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Before that happens, isn't it best that Western youth take over their own ancestral lands?
Once sane, progressive people are in charge in each federal state, we can come together.
That is a great solution. It's one of the reasons why I believe that somalis can only move forward once they take the knowledge gained in the west to somalia and take power.

Stay out of my topics, you never have anything worth reading to share.

You seem to have a personal problem with me don't know why but heyhoo

Your talking about Somalia MY COUNTRY. Limit your topics to your tuulo if u want me to stay out.

I really feel sorry 4 you :icon cry:

Trending

Latest posts