Somali Women Try Other Somali Women's Bariis Iskukaris

The urbanities of the South do not represent most of the South who have not deviated much from their nomadic eating habits. :mjlol:And if we're keeping it 100. My father worked as an Engineer in Southern Somalia working on projects in the 70s. They were barely eating fish at the time. Requesting farms to be built along the coastline. Even the ajnaabi Engineers were wondering how misguided/clueless these people were when they could fish. FYI their cuisine wasn't as dexterous or as memorable as you are portraying it to be but keep believing that. The Cadcads (which are the ones doing the laborious cooking) can mostly make pastries. Do you think pastries and baasto are an amazing feat/contribution to the Somali diet? They are not.
Happy Kim Kardashian GIF by E!
It seems you don't like seeing any criticism directed at the north but that wasn't my intention. I'm just talking about what I've heard from people who have been to both north and south. I guess some people take things too seriously.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Heard they eat camel hump up North, sounds grim

My ayeyo is reer mudug (central south-ish somalia) and we grew up eating camel hump/kurus, odkac, berr, canjero with subag, maraq iyo muufo, cambulo & cano geel. Hated it as a kid but it is an acquired taste lol. Somalis from baadiyaha (doesn't matter which region) generally have cleaner simpler diets.

The one dish I still can't is caloleey

sick cringe GIF

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
My ayeyo is reer mudug (central south-ish somalia) and we grew up eating camel hump/kurus, odkac, berr, canjero with subag, maraq iyo muufo, cambulo & cano geel. Hated it as a kid but it is an acquired taste lol. Somalis from baadiyaha (doesn't matter which region) generally have cleaner simpler diets.

The one dish I still can't is caloleey

sick cringe GIF
I used hate calooley but now it’s my favourite dish.

it’s cooking part I hate, it stinks the whole house.

YAMS

I like milk and potato.
YAMS don't like English accent. YAMS thinks it sounds pretentious with a mouth full of water.

I used hate calooley but now it’s my favourite dish.

it’s cooking part I hate, it stinks the whole house.

We can all agree calooley should be banned from somali cuisine. I dont know how somali women could eat that qashin.
Abaayo vanessa stop eating calooley it's very unhealthy.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Sarah had a tough one, no hilib made it a tough battle to even win :ehh:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Do you use your finger to measure how much water you need?

Never did that, isn't the water hot? :9uoofqd:
I just approximate after I mix the rice and spices. Tbh, my bariis comes out good when I use pressure cooker coz it has instructions on how much water to put in

I just approximate after I mix the rice and spices. Tbh, my bariis comes out good when I use pressure cooker coz it has instructions on how much water to put in
Mine is always too wet. Therefore I used less water last time and it was too little -_-
The next time I'm making iskukariis I'm gonna use my finger to measure it

Mine is always too wet. Therefore I used less water last time and it was too little -_-
The next time I'm making iskukariis I'm gonna use my finger to measure it

I add less water and then when it’s half cooked I put the lid on it. Turn off the heat and let the rice cook in its own steam.

Trending