Somali Women Try Other Somali Women's Bariis Iskukaris

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
Rather marry a somali woman than a racist ass cadaan woman who can’t cook nothing but an unseasoned ass chicken and some bland ass cherrios for breakfast

I have dated a girl from that region befor, her best meal was kraft dinner with ground beef sauce :idontlike:
The reason could be that Southerners have more varied diets due to the diversity there in contrast to the northern regions. Southern food has influences from Yemen, Italy, Persia and South Asia. Varied cuisine = nicer food.

The reason could be that Southerners have more varied diets due to the diversity there in contrast to the northern regions. Southern food has influences from Yemen, Italy, Persia and South Asia. Varied cuisine = nicer food.
« Southerners have more varied diets » . What do you guys eat that we don’t in the North? We almost have the same food. Also, he’s complaining about the culinary skills of halimos from the North ( after one bad experience ) which is dumb.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
« Southerners have more varied diets » . What do you guys eat that we don’t in the North? We almost have the same food. Also, he’s complaining about the culinary skills of halimos from the North ( after one bad experience) which is dumb.
Also, the North isn't a monolith. Nor is the food the same everywhere. I'm Samaroon through and though and the food people make from Awdal isn't the same as what they make in Awbarre Region of Ethiopia. You can't compare urban and rural. It's the same for the south. Also, he's full of rubbish. Zeylac had hybridized cuisine from trade/contact with many groups. That's why many people from there originally can cook. To the haters, they can keep their Cambulo skills (Beans and Sugar) and Shushumow (Diabetes-inducing sugar pastry) making to themselves as we're not begging for a sample.

« Southerners have more varied diets » . What do you guys eat that we don’t in the North? We almost have the same food. Also, he’s complaining about the culinary skills of halimos from the North ( after one bad experience ) which is dumb.
All I've heard from some people is that northern food is just meat and milk with canjeero. Sounds kind of basic to me. Koonfur people eat pasta with suugo, bariis cooked with various toppings and we have many numerous sweet dishes. Most known Somali food comes from the south, even the similar dishes you have in the north was inspired by southern cuisine.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Souths is more diversty with jaraar weyne and cad cad snacks food italian influence hence why the food is more tastier and more things to eat it

Dont get me north has also good food we both still have same food end of the day it just there is more variant of dishes to eat in xamar compared more nomad somali less diverse north

Also, the North isn't a monolith. Nor is the food the same everywhere. I'm Samaroon through and though and the food people make from Awdal isn't the same as what they make in Awbarre Region of Ethiopia. You can't compare urban and rural. It's the same for the south. Also, he's full of rubbish. Zeylac had hybridized cuisine from trade/contact with many groups. That's why many people from there originally can cook. To the haters, they can keep their Cambulo skills (Beans and Sugar) and Shushumow (Diabetes-inducing sugar pastry) making to themselves as we're not begging for a sample.
Saylac is one place, it doesn't represent all of the north. The north is more traditional and hasn't deviated much from the centuries of nomadic eating habits.

All I've heard from some people is that northern food is just meat and milk with canjeero. Sounds kind of basic to me. Koonfur people eat pasta with suugo, bariis cooked with various toppings and we have many numerous sweet dishes. Most known Somali food comes from the south, even the similar dishes you have in the north was inspired by southern cuisine.
What ?! :mjlol:

We eat good food in the North with lots of spices. Djiboutians also got influenced by the Yemenis. Our food (especially fish) is delicious.

We eat good food in the North with lots of spices. Djiboutians also got influenced by the Yemenis. Our food (especially fish) is delicious.
I say the influence is fairly recent with the arrival of immigrants fleeing from Yemen war. Good food has only come newly to you.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Saylac is one place, it doesn't represent all of the north. The north is more traditional and hasn't deviated much from the centuries of nomadic eating habits.
The urbanities of the South do not represent most of the South who have not deviated much from their nomadic eating habits. :mjlol:And if we're keeping it 100. My father worked as an Engineer in Southern Somalia working on projects in the 70s. They were barely eating fish at the time. Requesting farms to be built along the coastline. Even the ajnaabi Engineers were wondering how misguided/clueless these people were when they could fish. FYI their cuisine wasn't as dexterous or as memorable as you are portraying it to be but keep believing that. The Cadcads (which are the ones doing the laborious cooking) can mostly make pastries. Do you think pastries and baasto are an amazing feat/contribution to the Somali diet? They are not.
Happy Kim Kardashian GIF by E!

They don’t know about Mukbashid or Fadirit ( my spelling is wrong loool). The fish and baris with chiidni is top tier! Our laxox is better than malawah! The cambabuur is just amazing!!!!! Food from the North is delicious!

Trending

Latest posts