Somali women, SJW, BLM feminist says we were enslaved by Arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a interesting note indeed.

But official 'policy' and actual 'practice' rarely ever match.
Especially when those policies are written by foreigners who forced their way into your land.

Nice reference tho.

It was crime that could lead to death penalty if you old Somali in Arabia.

You are Hilarious.

Home girls knows what she's talking about.
Stop with the inflated ego. We need to acknowledge that the world dealt with us dirty, and then deal with the world.

Come at me on this thread, and take in how much we have no say.

http://www.somalispot.com/threads/s...d-somalia-to-italy-in-the-19th-century.18132/
Lol. I'm sorry, I've seen your videos and you have some major innacuracies in some of them. I've been studying Somali history/culture for nearly 10 years on my own so I think I can make that assertion. Lol. The effort is good and we need more of this kind of content, but there is obviously room for improvement.

No, she's not right and neither are you. I can't believe you even entertain this assertion. I really can't.
Btw, the proof of burden is on the person making the accusation. Not on us, she hasn't provided one source to prove her warped version of our history. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but neither you or her seem to be able to do so.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
you are all wrong,tbh i stopped caring about our origins years ago there are too many conflicting views and inaccuracies flying everywhere. All i care about is that if i get a map i can pin-point where i come and that i come from a people that share the same religion ,culture and language.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
None of the sources you've listed say Somalis were slaves. I've read through the relevant parts of all believe me.

The Arab slave trade has been happening for long, but in the first few centuries it was limited to Nilotics, Ethiopians, Oromos and Nubians from the Horn/Northeast Africa.
image-jpeg.11773

(Remember regions of modern Somalia were mostly not inhabited by Somalis then. Expansion came with Islam and more people were captured and sold (Nilotics) and some captured and assimilated (Oromos))

Bantus were sold to Somalis/Somalia from the 1800s to 1930s, but before that they were often transported from Zanzibar to Somali coasts to dock before going to the Arabian Peninsula.
View attachment 11851
View attachment 11852

Slavery didn't start with the Omanis or Italians in the 1800s-1900s. And the last source as you see explicitly states Somalis were NOT among the slaves they sold or traded. From the 12th century.

From the time Arabs had settlements in Zanzibari they exported numerous slaves.

And now to how the slave trade looked in the Middle ages
550px-African_slave_trade.png

But of course the slave trade ramped up, or got more documented during the 1800s.

What? Most intermarriages and assimilation into Somali society happened with Reer Xamars and Oromo captures.
upload_2017-1-8_23-4-16-png.11368
image-jpeg.11776

Many Oromos got absorbed into Somali clan society. Other than that there are no other groups Somalis have actively mingled with. Oromos are our closest relatives anyways, and Reer xamars lived with us for over a thousand years at the most so naturally they would be assimilated too.

Bantus have been discriminated against though and intermarriages were very rare or never happening.

Such is life:francis: Still you wont find difference between people in Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Bossaso, Kismayo, Jigjiga, NFD or any Somali territory.

Somalis are homogenous. We don't have a huge variety of looks. Biggest variance is skin colour, but our DNA and makeup is all the same.

You're a smart woman, you don't need to lie to yourself or grasp at air. As I've said, none of the books you listed mention Somali slaves

The footnote explicitly states Somalis were not or could not be sold as slaves. Even without Islam you couldnt sell us. The gaalo Brit and Italian didn't nor could they.
View attachment 11855

EDIT ; And to your "Somalis were included in Habesh so they must have been included in Zanj to" View attachment 11858
What lies south of the Horn ?:patrice:

:ohreally:
What lies in Zanzibar?:patrice:
Zanzibar-Slave-Market.jpeg
:holeup:

fucking arabs man:jcoleno: evil bunch

I feel like giving you a award.

Such beautiful utilization of multiple sources with images to complement the quotes :salute:

:damedamn:But i do see one weakness in your argument. :ivers:It seems to me that one of the foundations of your claims is that "regions of modern Somalia were mostly not inhabited by Somalis then".

I guess you are saying this in order to distance today's Somali's :idontlike:from the evil events that occurred to the people who we 'would otherwise' call our ancestors. You've also 'distanced your self' from the 'zanj' and 'berbers'.
At least that the impression that i'm getting. :ohno:

My question is this, what do you mean by 'modern Somalia'? What does the word modern mean in this context?
And are you saying that, we (modern somalis who didn't inhabit the horn's regions during the Arab slave trade) were foreigners who settled there after the fact. :patrice:This just sounds blasphemous.

Anyways, this is all so confusing because so many other people believe, and have sufficiently demonstrated with evidence, that somalis (people of punt) were reigning supreme since 4500B.C. :cosbyhmm:

Especially with the almost identical cultural traditions between the ancient Egyptians and us.

Clueless how?

Homegirl showed you some facts.
Come with some alternative evidence that contradicts her sources.
Sxb stop spreading misinformation about our history, you made a ludicrous claim that Bantus were a "Sab" clan and they were "native" which is completely false. The bantus were transported to Somalia as slaves to work on the plantations & menial work. The Somalis, Habesha and arabs were equal partners in the East African Slave trade. Somalis also took part in enslaving others in south east africa and sold them to the Arabs, Habesha etc. However, the Oromo slaves were assimilated into the Somali clan system and were treated a lot better because of the common afro-asiatic heritage between the two ethnicities.
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Slavery in Somalia&item_type=topic

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Lol. I'm sorry, I've seen your videos and you have some major innacuracies in some of them. I've been studying Somali history/culture for nearly 10 years on my own so I think I can make that assertion. Lol. The effort is good and we need more of this kind of content, but there is obviously room for improvement.

No, she's not right and neither are you. I can't believe you even entertain this assertion. I really can't.
Btw, the proof of burden is on the person making the accusation. Not on us, she hasn't provided one source to prove her warped version of our history. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but neither you or her seem to be able to do so.

lol major inaccuracies. So engage me then.
Tell me which ones and why they are inaccurate and what proof you have.:p

I recognize that there is need for improvement on my ends. But i'm not even a historian.
Just a nigga than has too much time on his hands. The whole reason why i'm posting my videos on here is so to assess the information that i've discovered from my brief research of somali history.

Homegirl has provided a list of sources in the video and on this thread (earlier pages).
Let's engage tho . . .

long live the dervish dream

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
You're in fantasy la la land. So stay there.

The real world is for those who can bear to hear the difficult truths.
So are you claiming that the Arabs conquered Somalis in battle and took them as slaves? Are you that fuckig stupid? There is no other explanation for your retardness other than you wanting fit in with African Americans and Bantus.

Let me reiterate it for you loud and clear, you aren't NOT African American, you are NOT Bantu, and a South Indian is closer to a European than a Somali is to an AA or a Nigerian in genetics. No matter how much you want to twist history, you know it deep down and you are insecure. You want to fit in with them, but they don't consider you one of them.

What a self hating sick individual you are!

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
:heh:

What's wrong with these people?

Why are they so insistent on appropriating other people's history?

I recognize that there is need for improvement on my ends. But i'm not even a historian.
Just a nigga than has too much time on his hands. The whole reason why i'm posting my videos on here is so to assess the information that i've discovered from my brief research of somali history.

Homegirl has provided a list of sources in the video and on this thread (earlier pages).
Let's engage tho . . .

Let's engage tho . . .

I understand that, and again, I applaud your effort. You're not 100% spot on about everything, but you're trying and thats way more than most people.

As for the points I am referring to, I'd have to go back to your old threads to address them. I'll give you a shout if I get the chance to.

The resources don't prove that fact though. There is literally no basis for that. She's making a lot of false equivilancies which is not what I expect from someone with a degree in African studies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:heh:

What's wrong with these people?

Why are they so insistent on appropriating other people's history?

Who even claims slavery in Africa? Most groups are aware that practically every ethnic group partook in the act of enslaving another and a few were isolated enough not to be enslaved themselves. It's not a source of pride or shame.It's barely even part of recorded history.

If Somalis were enslaved DNA and primary sources will validate the claim. History can't evade science so I don't see why niggas can't just wait actual concrete evidence and accept what we know already.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I guess this is backlash to the asswipes who hail not being enslaved as some kind of proof of inherent might rather than fortune, circumstances and alliances. But two wrongs do not make a right.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Who even claims slavery in Africa? Most groups are aware that practically every ethnic group partook in the act of enslaving another and a few were isolated enough not to be enslaved themselves. It's not a source of pride or shame.It's barely even part of recorded history.

If Somalis were enslaved DNA and primary sources will validate the claim. History can't evade science so I don't see why niggas can't just wait actual concrete evidence and accept what we know already.

The sad part is they seem to think they're showing solidarity by attaching themselves to the suffering of real people who went through some horrific shit.

Imagine if you beat cancer and found out some guy in your cancer support group was making it up for attention.

:bell:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The sad part is they seem to think they're showing solidarity by attaching themselves to the suffering of real people who went through some horrific shit.

Imagine if you beat cancer and found out some guy in your cancer support group was making it up for attention.

our country is in tatters, our people ravaged by disease, famine and hostile foreign forces lacking in competence and morality. we are suffering enough today.

that is more than enough solidarity with other people of African descent. i don't ever get the "were somali people slaves?" question in my life. it's mostly "what's going on there? why is it like that?". you bond through your current circumstances not through the plight of your ancestors.

i think it all comes down to Somalis and their relatively antisocial outlook on how other people operate. you have fools who quite honestly believe our circumstances are better than AAs who have a plethora of nobel laureates, a stable government, and more wealth than most. without understand other people we are honest to god doomed. we compartmentalize shit as either we are better or we are equal and routinely forget to see aspects in which we lag behind. so when we bond we try to imitate and when we subjugate we try to elevate our own lives.

we a wack group of people sometimes. you can't claim a struggle. and even if Somalis are proven to be enslaved way back in the day, it would probably be some extradited group with nothing to do with us today. it'll have no impact on who we are and how we go through life so there is nothing to claim.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS

"B-but you don't know that. I consumed a lot of nuts and fish oil. Just because it wasn't diagnosed doesn't mean I didn't beat cancer!"

I feel like giving you a award.

Such beautiful utilization of multiple sources with images to complement the quotes :salute:

:damedamn:But i do see one weakness in your argument. :ivers:It seems to me that one of the foundations of your claims is that "regions of modern Somalia were mostly not inhabited by Somalis then".

I guess you are saying this in order to distance today's Somali's :idontlike:from the evil events that occurred to the people who we 'would otherwise' call our ancestors. You've also 'distanced your self' from the 'zanj' and 'berbers'.
At least that the impression that i'm getting. :ohno:
Youve caught me:manny:

What I'm actually trying to convey by that is during our period of expansion, we from our presumed homeland in the North and along city states on the Indian ocean coast, to new lands in the South and West.
upload_2017-1-17_18-43-8.png

The earliest mention of Somalis were the Hawiyya in Merka and along the nile of Mogadishu (Shebelle) in 1150-something by al-Idrisi. Considering the closeness to the already established Mogadishu, we can presume this was before or during our expansion period.

It is known we clashed with Xabashi, Oromos, Nilotics and other populations. Our expasion was followed by sultanates like Adal and Ajuraan that forever established the land to be that of the Somali nomad and fought of aggressive Oromos. But still at this points (1600-1700s) we didn't hold nearly as much land as we do today. With our expansion soutwards into what is now NFD and our expansion westwards into what is now K5, we captured much more land and created settlements. The organized nomad with clan support easily pushed away any population.

It is believed actually that the Rahanweiin farmers in Southern lushous Somalia learned the trade from Oromos before chasing them away lol.

Even the Europeans admired our expansion skills
In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries the southward thrust of
the Somali peoples was intensified and they pushed still farther towards
the Tana River and the fertile coastlands of what is now Kenya. In the
nineteenth century the pace grew even faster, and by 1850 they had crossed
the Juba. There can be no doubt that had it not been for European
intervention the Somalis, pushing before them the Galla and the remnants
of other displaced tribes, would by then have swept through Kenya. The
local Bantu and Nilotic tribesmen could scarcely have held them for a day,
and even the Masai at the height of their power would have proved no
sort of a match for the fighting men of the Herti Marehan and Ogaden
Somalis.

The Horn of Africa
Gerald Reece(1944)

To think we could have had most of Kenya and be expanding into Tanzania now:jcoleno:

Some more tidbits to feed your ego :hemad:
The future of the Somali race is to my mind one of the most interesting and difficult of the problems presented by East Africa. For the present, I advise that we leave them alone, or at least avoid as far as possible the task of attacking them in their own territory. They are naturally isolated, and, if our officers will only avoid getting killed, can do little harm by quarrelling with one another in Jubaland. Our real task at present is rather to see that they do not encroach to the south, and to prevent them from raiding the Tana River and the Lamu Archipelago. But we can hardly avoid in the future the further task of making a permanent settlement in Jubaland, and the delimitation of the Abyssinian (meaning stop Somali Region expansion) frontier may perhaps precipitate that settlement.

It is certainly to be desired that we should utilise the Somalis. There can be no doubt that they are the most intelligent race in the Protectorate, though it may be urged with some justice that they are also proud, treacherous, fanatical, and vindictive. Too much stress, I think, is often laid on these bad qualities, and it is certain that the average Englishman has little sympathy for the Somali. He tolerates a black man who admits his inferiority, and even those who show a good fight and give in ; but he cannot tolerate dark colour combined with an intelligence in any way equal to his own. This is the secret of the almost universal dislike of the Babu, and it reappears in the unpopularity of the Somali among East African officials. The Somali are not willing to agree to the simple plan of having a fair fight and then shaking hands when defeated, but constantly indicate that they think themselves our equals or superiors, and not unfrequently prove it. Whenever it is worth our while to occupy Jubaland, and let them see a few hundred white men instead of half-a-dozen officials, which is literally all that they know of us at present, I anticipate that we shall not have much difficulty in getting on with them. The attractions of civilisation are so great for them, and our superiority in this respect so incontestable, that there can hardly be any doubt as to the result. What will happen in the wider limits of Somaliland, north of the Juba, it is hard to predict, but the area to the south is sufficiently small to offer an easy field for the extension of European influence when it is commercially and financially worth while. But meanwhile I think we had better let the Somalis alone, and avoid these conflicts between a lion and a swallow.

The East Africa Protectorate
by Eliot, Charles Eliot

And did you know Somalis nomads have reached the border of Tanzania:gladbron: In 2014 the Masaai people publicly called for the Kenyan Govt to stop Somali herders encroaching their territory in Kajiado, which is at the border to Tanzania.

My question is this, what do you mean by 'modern Somalia'? What does the word modern mean in this context?
And are you saying that, we (modern somalis who didn't inhabit the horn's regions during the Arab slave trade) were foreigners who settled there after the fact. :patrice:This just sounds blasphemous.
I'm meaning modern Somali territory, as you can see from this map. Too bad it's already outdated:hemad:
image.jpg

But yeah this is the result of our expansion:lawd:

None of these sources outright state that Somali slaves were taken - all that is mentioned is "intermarriage" with Arabs which, shockingly, was a thing back then, and still is. It's how the cadcads in xamar are around today. However intermarriage with Arabs isn't what has given us our appearance, any non-african DNA we have is thousands and thousands of years old, well before 'arabs' existed and due to a back-migration into Africa. The closest thing that's said to slavery in Somalia is that it was "a source of slaves", and this is true- but said slaves were not Somali. Tanzanian Bantu slaves were taken and shipped off to the Arab world - it's why the Somali Bantus living in Somalia today are descended from said groups in Tanzania. Let me know if I missed anything, but there seems to be a whole lot of mental gymnastics in your response - and the sources that clearly and explicitly state that somali weren't taken as slaves are ones you seem to be ignoring.
Again...no one is talking about the slave trade from the 7th century. The East African slave trade started during the 7th cenuty...everyone keeps mentioning Bantus but Bantus weren't used until the 1900s. I keep repeating this and everyone is ignoring it...why does everyone keep mentioning Bantus? No one's talking about Bantus because they weren't used until the 20th cenuty...
If you look at Somali DNA tests on YouTube, a lot of the DNA says South Eastern Bantu and Middle Eastern...

Also this is the kind of intellectual discussion I expect...it's no need for people to throw insults, we're still strivung to be better people at the end of the day.

Youve caught me:manny:

What I'm actually trying to convey by that is during our period of expansion, we from our presumed homeland in the North and along city states on the Indian ocean coast, to new lands in the South and West. View attachment 11878

The earliest mention of Somalis were the Hawiyya in Merka and along the nile of Mogadishu (Shebelle) in 1150-something by al-Idrisi. Considering the closeness to the already established Mogadishu, we can presume this was before or during our expansion period.

It is known we clashed with Xabashi, Oromos, Nilotics and other populations. Our expasion was followed by sultanates like Adal and Ajuraan that forever established the land to be that of the Somali nomad and fought of aggressive Oromos. But still at this points (1600-1700s) we didn't hold nearly as much land as we do today. With our expansion soutwards into what is now NFD and our expansion westwards into what is now K5, we captured much more land and created settlements. The organized nomad with clan support easily pushed away any population.

It is believed actually that the Rahanweiin farmers in Southern lushous Somalia learned the trade from Oromos before chasing them away lol.

Even the Europeans admired our expansion skills

To think we could have had most of Kenya and be expanding into Tanzania now:jcoleno:

Some more tidbits to feed your ego :hemad:

And did you know Somalis nomads have reached the border of Tanzania:gladbron: In 2014 the Masaai people publicly called for the Kenyan Govt to stop Somali herders encroaching their territory in Kajiado, which is at the border to Tanzania.

I'm meaning modern Somali territory, as you can see from this map. Too bad it's already outdated:hemad:
image.jpg

But yeah this is the result of our expansion:lawd:
In other words, Somalis were all over the Horn of Africa spread out inwards and not just on the coast...

Status
Not open for further replies.