Somali women, SJW, BLM feminist says we were enslaved by Arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
>half breed mutts

let's settle down here.

and sxb weren't you and others championing that older genetic study that gave us 35% eurasian genetics? i remember that old anthromadness thread and the debates afterwards.
Roughly 5000-10,000 years old. Whereas the Sudanese was as recent as 800~ years ago.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
When I say mixing and pure, I'm talking in the last 1000 years min, also the timeframe with actual documentation of Somalis. We have WestEurasian DNA, but not from fucking Arabs or being raped by them a couple hundred years ago. It's old. Never said it's insignificant, but to the discussion about Somali history (slave trade, sultanates, islam) it's not relevant. For another discussion perhaps

http://anthromadness.blogspot.no/2015/07/horn-africans-mixture-between-east.html?m=1
The man has an interesting blog with actual data.

that's just an arbitrary number, though. considering the vast majority of people living in the Horn can trace a sizeable chunk of their ancestry to the region I don't wanna start nitpicking who's pure and who isn't. especially considering you and i don't live there, and they probably don't even care for these conventions.

this concept of purity carries a eurocentric connotation we don't really require. if you are mostly cushitic in genes, you are cushitic to me. end of discussion. and if you speak a cushitic language bonus points.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Roughly 5000-10,000 years old. Whereas the Sudanese was as recent as 800~ years ago.

no. 3k-4.5k years ago is all i've seen reported.

it's nowhere near as long as 10k years.

and considering the cushitic genetic marker is some 40k+ years old we're still talking a recent addition to our genetic picture regardless. it's a futile discussion.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
We descend from a group of people who themselves originated in the Horn, spread to the north, crossed the Sinai, returned to Egypt, and spread from there to the south and west.

They mixed with some folks on their way south which then led to the rise of present day Cushites.
I read somewhere that Cushites at some point had a presence in Southern Arabia which also explains the cushitic substratum in South Arabian languages like Mehri

upload_2017-1-17_21-58-13.png

pure cushite:fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand::fittytousand::dabcasar:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
You took that from Anthromadness' blog didn't you?
I'm pretty sure that source uses Somalis as a proxy for a "Pure" cushitic sample - this isn't an individual representation of Somalis' genetic makeup my friend.
Capture.PNG

:mjlol:
This doesn't actually state that Somalis are "Pure" cushitic, we just have the most cushitic DNA and so Awale (the owner of the blog) is using them as a proxy. These bars on the graph are just showing how similar Habesha and other HOA peoples are to us. We are literally the control/sample population in this.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm pretty sure that source uses Somalis as a proxy for a "Pure" cushitic sample - this isn't an individual representation of Somalis' genetic makeup my friend.
View attachment 11899
This doesn't actually state that Somalis are "Pure" cushitic, we just have the most cushitic DNA and so Awale (the owner of the blog) is using them as a proxy. These bars on the graph are just showing how similar Habesha and other HOA peoples are to us. We are literally the control/sample population in this.

that's exactly what they did. they only used Somali as a basis to test other groups and the similarities they found that they couldn't explain away they essentially called foreign :mjlol:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I read somewhere that Cushites at some point had a presence in Southern Arabia which also explains the cushitic substratum in South Arabian languages like Mehri

Ive never heard about that, I eagerly await Führer @Amun input.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
no. 3k-4.5k years ago is all i've seen reported.

it's nowhere near as long as 10k years.

and considering the cushitic genetic marker is some 40k+ years old we're still talking a recent addition to our genetic picture regardless. it's a futile discussion.
It can't be as recent as 3000 years ago. The Habeshas linked with the Middle East at around 1000 BC (and this is where they got their recent 20 % Arab ancestry from), changed to a Semitic language, and went their own way by then.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It can't be as recent as 3000 years ago. The Habeshas linked with the Middle East at around 1000 BC (and this is where they got their recent 20 % Arab ancestry from), changed to a Semitic language, and went their own way by then.

i agree 3k years is foolish.

i'm still putting my money on 4.5k years ago. and tbh the fact that the cushitic languages maintained their root and most of the culture stayed consistent, i have to guess our eurasian newcomers weren't welcomed with open arms. probably forced to assimilate by the locals.

only way their migration is categorized is because of DNA sampling.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Ive never heard about that, I eagerly await Führer @Amun input.
Capture.PNG

Found it: https://www.phil.muni.cz/jazyk/files/AAmigrationsCORR.pdf
Apparently this Cushitic element in South Arabian languages is pretty legit, if this turns out to be true then it would be a game changer in terms of the history of the Cushitic peoples and we'd have to reconsider the relationship between Modern South Arabian and Cushitic languages/people

View attachment 11899
Well yeah. Even 19th century Race theorists believed Somalis to be the Cushitic group to have retained most of their original make up. Amahars and Habashi are recently mixed with Arab (New West Asian)

Using Somalis as a proxy for Cushitic makes full sense:ehh:
that's exactly what they did. they only used Somali as a basis to test other groups and the similarities they found that they couldn't explain away they essentially called foreign :mjlol:
What do you mean "the similarities that they found they couldn't explain away?" If you mean differences, then there is really no need to explain why Amharas and Habashi are recently mixed with Arab as that is documented and also easy to spot. (They're lighter and shorter on average, with higher frequencies of kinky hair, which didn't come from Arabs but most likely Omotics/Nilotics/Some other group.

And again, even the white 19th century Race theorists believed that the original Cushitic stock that Horners are descended from were tall, narrow faced, narrow bodies people.

The contrast between highland Ethiopians and Somalis in skin color is so great that one must postulate that the original non-negroid narrow-bodied and narrow-faced strain which the living Somalis represent was not white skinned in any sense of the word, for the Somalis are the least negroid people in East Africa.

As one would expect, the more purely Hamitic peoples, such as the Agaus, Gallas, and Somalis, are taller than the Amharas. All of these three have stature means ranging from 169 to 174 cm., while 172 cm. seems to be the central mean for all of them. The Semitic speakers range from a mean of 164—467 cm.62 for the Tigré, the most nearly Arabian of the four main groups, to 167—169 cm.

There can be no doubt that the tall stature of the Gallas, Somalis, and Agaus is an old Hamitic trait, since both the negroid Sidamos and the Semites of Hadhramauti origin are much shorter. The tallness of this East African Mediterranean strain stands in contrast to the moderate stature of the Mediterranean Arabs across the Red Sea, and constitutes a characteristic difference between them. The bodily build of the African Hamites is typically Mediterranean in the ratio of arms, legs, and trunk, but the special attenuation of the extremities among the Somalis is a strong local feature,

According to our own classification, 40 per cent of the Amharas have non-negroid, wavy or curly hair,66 and the rest frizzly; the non-negroid class among the Gallas is 30 per cent, among the Somalis 86 per cent. Some of the Somalis actually have straight hair. Although our series of Sidamos is too small to be reliable, it indicates that these people are not as frequently negroid in hair form as are the Amharas.

Still want to point out that I hate white race theorists and the ideals they tried to force upon everyone, only using this for context.

Context for what you may ask?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:deadosama:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Well yeah. Even 19th century Race theorists believed Somalis to be the Cushitic group to have retained most of their original make up. Amahars and Habashi are recently mixed with Arab (New West Asian)

Using Somalis as a proxy for Cushitic makes full sense:ehh:

What do you mean "the similarities that they found they couldn't explain away?" If you mean differences, then there is really no need to explain why Amharas and Habashi are recently mixed with Arab as that is documented and also easy to spot. (They're lighter and shorter on average, with higher frequencies of kinky hair, which didn't come from Arabs but most likely Omotics/Nilotics/Some other group.

And again, even the white 19th century Race theorists believed that the original Cushitic stock that Horners are descended from were tall, narrow faced, narrow bodies people.

Still want to point out that I hate white race theorists and the ideals they tried to force upon everyone, only using this for context.

Context for what you may ask?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:deadosama:
I wonder why Somalis were documented as having more instances of wavy/straight hair if Habesha have more recent Arab admixture? Maybe it was just a trait that was passed down through Somalis more than in other populations? I can't imagine the Omotic/Nilotic ancestry in those populations is super high, at least not high enough to influence hair texture THAT much.

I wonder why Somalis were documented as having more instances of wavy/straight hair if Habesha have more recent Arab admixture? Maybe it was just a trait that was passed down through Somalis more than in other populations? I can't imagine the Omotic/Nilotic ancestry in those populations is super high, at least not high enough to influence hair texture THAT much.
I really don't know.

I do know that alot of the light skinned Amharas I see have kinky hair though :patrice: Must be the raw meat :reallymaury:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I really don't know.

I do know that alot of the light skinned Amharas I see have kinky hair though :patrice: Must be the raw meat :reallymaury:
I've never even spoken to an Ethiopian in my life :mjlol:
I know that there's a sizeable neighbourhood/area where they live here in Qurunham but they keep to themselves
If only we could do the same
I miss the days when we were a virtually unknown population that had no stereotypes about them :bell:

View attachment 11901
Apparently this Cushitic element in South Arabian languages is pretty legit, if this turns out to be true then it would be a game changer in terms of the history of the Cushitic peoples and we'd have to reconsider the relationship between Modern South Arabian and Cushitic languages/people
That indeed is a game changer sxb. From now on all of Southern Arabia belongs to SomaliWeyne. Southern arabians aka Mehris are lost Cushites.
:rejoice::hemad:

I believe it. I read before that Cushites even reached India. Some say that Dravidians such as Tamils are the descendants of Ancient Cushites as well.
I'll have to find the old links I looked at, but I was reading some Indian persons blog and they said Tamils originate from Sudan. I always felt like there was some connection there.

View attachment 11901

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
That indeed is a game changer sxb. From now on all of Southern Arabia belongs to SomaliWeyne. Southern arabians aka Mehris are lost Cushites.
:rejoice::hemad:

Capture.PNG

While the Somali goverment makes land reclamation efforts, make history reclamations on your end too :siilaanyolaugh:
Wars are fought on all fronts :drakelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending