somali student in manchester university racial profiled

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
He better ‘traumatize’ his way to a lawsuit and eventually, to the bank.
Unfortunately, UK lawsuits take long, and are really costly. And then there is no guarantee you can win. But the smart thing was taking it to the press. There will be some compensation at most, but don't expect a whole case

Just look at the process, and with Corona, unfortunately there is a major backlog.

System racism isn't even real. Nigerians in the US and Asian immigrants throughout the West debunk it with their success while clearly not being white. There is the occasional interpersonal racism in the West, but nothing systemic/institutional.
Look bro if you are wearing a durag and dressed like a thug and walk into university or any other decent place of course security will stop you.. Lol.. Do you think they'll let you into a fancy restaurant while dressed as a homeless and pulling a shopping cart full of junk shit :heh:

These sjw, blm folks don't even use any common sense, logic or even care about racism they just want that victimhood juicy story they can hash tag on their Twitter or Instagram :mjkkk::mjlol:

As usual, it is always a Xalimo who is making a scene about this BLM stuff. Never a Farax. :mjlaugh:

Stop with the victimhood mentality. Yes, there is some racism in the West, but not to the extent that it will affect your chances to succeed in life so long as you work hard and don't associate with criminals.

The BLM mindset is for losers.
I ain’t even a BLM supporter you nacaas. The thing about me tho is that I don’t tolerate disrespect from nobody wether it’s cadaan, mathow, arab, Asian. I will stick up for my community. Standing up for your rights is not victimhood.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
He should have shown his card first when he was asked instead of huffing and puffing when the camera started rolling they always ask for ID if they haven’t seen you around before in dorms.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
System racism isn't even real. Nigerians in the US and Asian immigrants throughout the West debunk it with their success while clearly not being white. There is the occasional interpersonal racism in the West, but nothing systemic/institutional.
To some extent you're not wrong, keep your head down and push ahead chances are you'll make it but to say systemic racism doesn't exist is being disingenuous.

The job market sucks even more if you've got a "Muslim" name, something a lot of Somali's in the UK have.

A job seeker with an English-sounding name was offered three times the number of interviews than an applicant with a Muslim name, a BBC test found

racism will be everywhere, hell those same Asians are always complaining about the bamboo ceiling. Goes to show you can't escape it, acting like it doesn't exist won't get you anywhere so you may as well find a way to maneuver around it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nigerians probably got prejudice and racism, but it looks like they just ignore it, or challenge themselves to overcome it. Besides that, the ones that emigrat to the US are the fortunate semi wealthy educated Nigerians, so over coming the systemic racism would be a lot easier for them, than a black broke uneducated AA.

Apollo

VIP
To some extent you're not wrong, keep your head down and push ahead chances are you'll make it but to say systemic racism doesn't exist is being disingenuous.

The job market sucks even more if you've got a "Muslim" name, something a lot of Somali's in the UK have.

A job seeker with an English-sounding name was offered three times the number of interviews than an applicant with a Muslim name, a BBC test found

racism will be everywhere,

It is majority privilege. It exists in all countries. In Muslim countries, they'd prefer to hire qualified Muslims over non-Muslims. This is human nature, crying and marching on the streets won't change it. You got to work harder and prove yourself more as a minority.

Moreover, the poor socioeconomic performance of Muslims in Europe isn't all due to Islamophobia/racism. In the US, the Muslim migrant groups (like Pakistani, Indonesian, Palestinian, Egyptian etc) are above average socioeconomically.

Out of all the major civilizations (as in Western world, Arab world, Sinosphere etc), the West has the lowest levels of institutional racism.

hell those same Asians are always complaining about the bamboo ceiling.

The bamboo ceiling exists because of the personality type common in East Asians, especially the men. They are not assertive. It is a cultural thing, which can change overtime as they integrate more.

I ain’t even a BLM supporter you nacaas. The thing about me tho is that I don’t tolerate disrespect from nobody wether it’s cadaan, mathow, arab, Asian. I will stick up for my community. Standing up for your rights is not victimhood.
But you are inspired by the angry black woman.. Just admit it. You was just talking about black men preferring white women on your above comment

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I dont condone the security guards actions they have no right to pin him against the wall but asking for his school id is a valid reason cause these secruity guards don't know every student on the campus

I dont condone the security guards actions they have no right to pin him against the wall but asking for his school id is a valid reason cause these secruity guards don't know every student on the campus
I study at university, Anyone can walk on campus, you don’t have to be a student. I don’t know why you would randomly ask someone for I.D? If they need to get into the library or register for lecture then Yhea but other than that Why ask for I.D? I have never been asked for I.D ever whilst walking on campus.

Still Not black and not arab how u let dictate someone to call something u are not
Let's use your logic if white ppl started to call u dog are u dog or not dog
Plzz answer without insult this is just question
Dude , black is a label for anyone who comes from sub Saharan Africa and has dark skin
We come under that criteria. You should know that being under the black label has many benefits like scholarships . Stop trying to be a revolutionary figure who's trying to dismantle the system lol, just accept youre black.

If we Somalis were outperforming other blacks in life then I would probably agree to throw away the label but we aren't, we're actually the worst and white hate us the most . Nearly every Somali who says they aren't black was bullied when younger.

Why was the Somali kid stopped and profiled if he wasn't black? Some Somalis love to minimise this prejudice going on

I took the liberty of actually watching the video and saw that he was throwing a big hissy fit like the average hood madow when all he needed to do was show his ID.

The systemic racism would have manifested in his being asked for ID more often than other people which does happen and is a side effect of us being perceived as an ethnic minority. This is annoying and a worthy place to demand equality. I go to university and have experienced the same thing. Since I started, they have begun enforcing it equally on all students to be fairer after we complained.

The difference is that he did not need to huff and puff. The fact that he was wearing a durag outside (as seen in the video) shows that he idolises hood madows and that is enough for him to lose my respect.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I study at university, Anyone can walk on campus, you don’t have to be a student. I don’t know why you would randomly ask someone for I.D? If they need to get into the library or register for lecture then Yhea but other than that Why ask for I.D? I have never been asked for I.D ever whilst walking on campus.
I see here in sweden nobody gonna ask for your student id during the day but if your at the campus or uni during night there can be security who will ask to see your student id its nothing out of the ordinary cause there have been people who arent students stealing computers or vandalizing the school

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
It is majority privilege. It exists in all countries. In Muslim countries, they'd prefer to hire qualified Muslims over non-Muslims. This is human nature, crying and marching on the streets won't change it. You got to work harder and prove yourself more as a minority.

Moreover, the poor socioeconomic performance of Muslims in Europe isn't all due to Islamophobia/racism. In the US, the Muslim migrant groups (like Pakistani, Indonesian, Palestinian, Egyptian etc) are above average socioeconomically.

Out of all the major civilizations (as in Western world, Arab world, Sinosphere etc), the West has the lowest levels of institutional racism.
Working harder and proving yourself as a minority will only get you so far though Somalida are actually yet to do that. No amount of fitting ideals will stop people from discriminating against you but one thing that has proven its self in the West is protesting and crying on the streets will actually help you, those same problems AA's suffer from are common in our community's. The west is probably the most accepting place there is why not take advantage of it? The Jews have and they've succeeded.

Yeah there's a massive difference between Muslims in the US when it comes to who migrates but islamophobia is still a bigger problem in the EU (post-migration crisis in certain country's). I'd rather live in the US than France knowing my background.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The bamboo ceiling exists because of the personality type common in East Asians, especially the men. They are not assertive. It is a cultural thing, which can change overtime as they integrate more.
Dang that was rude :mjlol:

I mean according to studies it's because employers assume they lack shit like leadership potential and have "communication" problems. I guess you might be right about that although I don't know what those asian-masculinity niggas gotta say about it.

Trending