Somali Says She Will NEVER Identify As Black While Not Living In Her Homeland

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
these are the types that I dislike.

4F9FFE01-D7B8-423D-A708-6A70562F9778.jpeg

I'm not trolling.

Black African =/= West African/AA.
Horners are Black and their culture is indigenous to Africa.
View attachment 239314
So skin color determines culture if so why isnt Tamil or Australian aborigines part of black community?

Also they keep saying sub sahara is sub sahara a continent?
No its part of Africa.

A boer or Tunisian Arab is African by common factor of sharing a continent.

But if Blackness is due to commonality of having a dark pigmentation then why isnt South Asians who are dark as hell not black?

Because blackness has racial undertone of being categorised as ni.ggers aka cotton pickers or Kunta Kinte.

The evolution of slave slurs in America was first slaves then nig.ger then black.

AA academics would rather be called African American than called black.

Last edited:
2. Not all black peoples are the same. Khoisan differs to that of a Bantu and a Nilotic is different to a Madow from the Sahel. Their cultures, ethnicities and languages are completely different. Hence, why do Somalis act like it’s them vs the rest of Subsaharan Africans with regards to being ‘different’. It reeks of ignorance and self-centeredness.
No, the way a Bantu differs from a Nilote is not the same as how Somalis differ from either group.

Sub Saharan African ancestry, despite its diversity, can be grouped together to the exclusion of non-Sub Saharan African ancestry. This applies to other types of ancestry aswell. If you wanted to measure the amount of Sub Saharan African ancestry in Somalis, you could get away with using West Africans as a reference point, even though Somalis have little to no West African, same way if you wanted to gauge Eurasian ancestry in Somalis, if you used the French as a reference point it could also work, because these ancestries are distinct from one another and kinda monolithic when making points of comparison.

Lets say you created a software, which was designed to group which ever samples you input, into 2 distinct genetic groupings/cluster based on how similar the samples are to one another. Populations like Nigerians, South Africans, Kenyans, Congolese etc... will all go into 1 group with each other despite being genetically distinct from one another, same with Europeans and Asians who would ofc form the other group.

A group like Somalis who are 55% Sub Saharan African wouldn't fit well into either group due to having similar amounts of ancestry from both groups.

So yh, it kinda is Somali vs the rest of Sub Saharan Africa with regards to being ‘different’ and thats something thats backed by decades of genetics, and centuries of physical anthropology that consistently show Somalis non-Sub Saharan African heritage which has been estimated to be around 45%

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
My race is Ogaden, my ethnicity is Somali and My nationality is Galbeedian.
:leon::hemad::obama:
during “im the captain now” I told my cadaan friends that I’m from a country called Puntland and I’m Majeerteenian it’s the reason I’m alive today
Im Just Happy To Be Alive Mr D GIF by CBC

Can the Somalis please learn to keep their big mouth shut? Why do they always be on the same light?

That being said, in the American context, if you get discriminated or found yourself in trouble, you'll definitely need help. And if someone attacks you because of your skin color, then you'll definitely need AAs speaking up for you. So in the American context, I am definitely a black man.
Somalis are not black. The word “black” came from white slave owners/masters. Somali weren’t slaves. Those African Americans and Caribbean’s are black because they were slaves.

Those Somalis who say they’re ‘black’ are ignorant in terms of where the term ‘black’ come from and the meaning of the word ‘black’. The term ‘black’ refers to slavery. Somalis weren’t slaves. The white man slaves owners used to call them ‘black’ ‘’ etc. Somalis need to stop saying they’re black.

Trending