Somali Says She Will NEVER Identify As Black While Not Living In Her Homeland

The word “black” originated from a white slave owner, why should Somalis be called “black” we weren’t slaves.

we are
1. Islam
2. Somali
3. African
In that order.

Not a real 1 to 1 equivalent, aboriginals and south indians have zero african blood. Black here refers to african ancestry which somalis do have at a predominant amount (60%), which is similar to african americans 25% on average but the somali equivalent 40% is seen also as african americans or black (and no one creates a fuss about this). You have plenty of black americans who look very similar to somalis, and this is actually much more common you realise thats because we share similar ancestry (african + euro/west asian) unlike aboriginals who look very distinct.

This has nothing to do with culture or religion, no Tanzanian muslim in their right mind would reject the label black.

True but again the black label is formed around western conception of race. You may reject it in Somalia but it's weird for a somali who is supposed to integrate and contribute to his adopted society is trying to so desperately isolate themselves especially in a case where it makes no sense .

This is not true, i have seen cases where african americans have marched for somalis murdered by cop(s).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but Somalis knows they’re dark skin.

They don’t need to claim a shade of a colour and use that as a way to identify.

This political label only works for African Americans.

I know we have Somali Arab type self haters: and honestly because of them; when Somalis don’t claim “black” they quickly assume we’re claiming ana Arab or the Semitic race; when that’s clearly not the case

We’re Somalis & that’s it.

but Somalis knows they’re dark skin.

They don’t need to claim a shade of a colour and use that as a way to identify.

This political label only works for African Americans.

I know we have Somali Arab type self haters: and honestly because of them; when Somalis don’t claim “black” they quickly assume we’re claiming ana Arab or the Semitic race; when that’s clearly not the case

We’re Somalis & that’s it.
Are you from America?

Can the Somalis please learn to keep their big mouth shut? Why do they always be on the same light?

That being said, in the American context, if you get discriminated or found yourself in trouble, you'll definitely need help. And if someone attacks you because of your skin color, then you'll definitely need AAs speaking up for you. So in the American context, I am definitely a black man.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Niggas that are dark as hell in real life downvoting my post, you black whether you like it or not

Lebron James Basketball GIF by NBA

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
The word “black” originated from a white slave owner, why should Somalis be called “black” we weren’t slaves.

we are
1. Islam
2. Somali
3. African
In that order.
We are
1. Muslim
2. Clan (race)
3. African
3,474,027. Somali

So Tamil is not black but Somali is black becausw they are subsaharan group who were idealy are kunta kinte.

So Arab living in subsahara for millenium is not black and Also berber.

Even AA dropped the black label for African American rather than Black american which was before called nigge.r.

Black is a political correctness word replacing nigg.er.Only subsaharans are called due to historical attachment that is what reer BLM are propagating.

Trending