Somali Reputation Vs Ethopian

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I never saw a situation where someone preferred Ethiopian over Somali or vice verse. I live in a city with a high population of both and people are indifferent about us. :)

I barely meet any Ethiopians here in England so we're just not exposed to them. Even the ones I do see are very quiet compared to Somalis and don't stick out as much. Somalis have a horrible reputation in England at least.

As for the countries, Ethiopia is a source of pride for Blacks and Africans, they were "never colonized" and they have decent history and civilizations in the past (again source of pride dispelling the "Africans were naked hunter gatherers claim") whereas Somalis have never really done much in our history.

Even today our country is one of if not the worst in the world and whenever someone thinks of Somalia, you think a lot of negative things, terrorists, pirates etc. Ethiopia isn't great either but definitely better than us.

There's also all the annoying alt right trolls on social media insulting others left and right and making people dislike us even more.

Keo

VIP
I barely meet any Ethiopians here in England so we're just not exposed to them. Even the ones I do see are very quiet compared to Somalis and don't stick out as much. Somalis have a horrible reputation in England at least.

As for the countries, Ethiopia is a source of pride for Blacks and Africans, they were "never colonized" and they have decent history and civilizations in the past (again source of pride dispelling the "Africans were naked hunter gatherers claim") whereas Somalis have never really done much in our history.

Even today our country is one of if not the worst in the world and whenever someone thinks of Somalia, you think a lot of negative things, terrorists, pirates etc. Ethiopia isn't great either but definitely better than us.

There's also all the annoying alt right trolls on social media insulting others left and right and making people dislike us even more.
Ethiopia is a recent creation not a thousand year civilization. Most of the land that is considered Ethiopia today was never part of abyssinia or even axum.

Apollo

VIP
Why do Gaalow view Ethopians as better than Somalis.

They are mostly Christian. White people are Islamophobic, even when they don't admit it (liberals).

Their history and script fascinates them.

Haile Selassie/Rastafarian mythology.

Ethiopia being taught about in high school level history books about being the only never colonized African country.

Ethiopian restaurants are popular with white people.

Ethiopian long distance runners bring a positive image to Ethiopia. Many white people are into jogging and running and know about Ethiopian athletes.

Gaalos as in whites don't view Ethiopia as great only the blacks in America and Jamaicans do.

Whites definitely like Ethiopia more than Somalia. I see it all the time on YouTube/Reddit, whenever Ethiopia is brought up, they praise the country, talk about how early they adopted Christianity, how they were never colonized and I even see a lot of them wondering how can a country like theirs which is supposedly a powerhouse in the region can be landlocked and why they haven't just taken land from Eritrea/Djibouti/Somalia yet.

No one thinks Ethiopia is great but the point is, they are seen in a better light than Somalia.

Ethiopia is a recent creation not a thousand year civilization. Most of the land that is considered Ethiopia today was never part of abyssinia or even axum.

So? they still had empires that were recognized in a lot of places and conquered others.

They are also mentioned in Christianity and Islam. Did the prophet mention Somalis? :ulyin:

Let's face it, they have more clout than us, no matter how you look at it.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I'm not a bootyclapper, I just think Somalis are delusional.

How can you argue against the fact that Ethiopia has better history and doesn't have as bad of a reputation as Somalia does around the world :bell:
booty clapping by definition is believing that others have a better culture than ur own and also looking down on it as well witch is what ur doing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending