Somali representation in Japanese manga one piece

blackbeard GIF

This character known as Blackbeard AKA Marshall D Teach is Somali confirmed by the author eiichiro Oda. “Archaeologist” is what he would be if he wasn’t a pirate. I feel honoured at this despite the character being ugly, because Somalis are the only known people from Africa besides ussop (South Africa) out of 800 characters to be in this series.

this character is….
-ambitious
-arrogant
-cowardly
-scheming
-powerful
-mysterious

Marshall D Teach is also the name of a real life pirate. If you care to look into it, because I don’t.
9A3E1C55-036B-4FAD-9FD6-BEA837F610AC.jpeg

blackbeard GIF

This character known as Blackbeard AKA Marshall D Teach is Somali confirmed by the author eiichiro Oda. “Archaeologist” is what he would be if he wasn’t a pirate. I feel honoured at this despite the character being ugly, because Somalis are the only known people from Africa besides ussop (South Africa) out of 800 characters to be in this series.

this character is….
-ambitious
-arrogant
-cowardly
-scheming
-powerful
-mysterious

Marshall D Teach is also the name of a real life pirate. If you care to look into it, because I don’t.
View attachment 308630
1703458447416.png

Last edited:

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Our story is strangely similar. Getting labelled as pirates while defending our seas.

One of the best antagonists for sure. He doesn’t sleep either, waiting for the reveal.

Every minorities have been subjected to Hollywood and their propaganda.

it is also known the CIA gets involved in the movie business.

I think this was also common in the cold wars eras and pre second world wars.

As they say: another man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter

If they have their fingers in hollywood, they were definitely behind this one. The movie also wanted SL independence
D5BCA4BC-72F4-4CD0-8EB8-91255F5914BA.png

bro I was playing some garbage Netflix tv in the background last night, something I like to do while I'm doing something else.

Put on this new show called 'carol and the end of the world' that I had put on before.

episode 8: The Life & Times of Bashiir Hassan​

:Bashiir and his crew of Somali pirates capture a cruise ship and its hostages just to enjoy the luxuries on the ship.

The VA:

1703459309814.png

Mohmed

"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn."
If they have their fingers in hollywood, they were definitely behind this one. The movie also wanted SL independence
View attachment 308638
bro I was playing some garbage Netflix tv in the background last night, something I like to do while I'm doing something else.

Put on this new show called 'carol and the end of the world' that I had put on before.

episode 8: The Life & Times of Bashiir Hassan​

:Bashiir and his crew of Somali pirates capture a cruise ship and its hostages just to enjoy the luxuries on the ship.

The VA:

View attachment 308637
Take a look at this movie; It has nothing with Somalia or Africa or even anywhere in the world except Amerikkka. The opening scene shows a non-Somali "Somali" actor trying to bomb a federal building for Al-Kebab. Thing is, the plot of the movie is to go undercover in a White Nationalist movement as a federal agent ->
1703460980898.png

Here is the Al-Kebab clip: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7044453/
Here is our Beautiful Somali King:
1703461070141.png

Take a look at this movie; It has nothing with Somalia or Africa or even anywhere in the world except Amerikkka. The opening scene shows a non-Somali "Somali" actor trying to bomb a federal building for Al-Kebab. Thing is, the plot of the movie is to go undercover in a White Nationalist movement as a federal agent ->
View attachment 308643
Here is the Al-Kebab clip: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7044453/
Here is our Beautiful Somali King:
View attachment 308644
Bro WTF language were they speaking. That was NOT Somali.

Pretty sure Holywood is partially responsible for the stereotypes about Japanese women, along with American laws about marrying foreigners

If only we had somali representation in Naruto instead of one piece.
View attachment 308654
Never understood why people like it... if you gotta watch 200 episodes for it to get good then im sorry but that shit is garbage...

Why are so many Somalis huge Naruto fans? I could never relate to any of them because I watched Dragon Ball Z growing up. When I was a kid, I thought Naruto was some weird rip off and I didn't like the whole ninja thing either.

SSJ2 Gohan was peak DBZ, best thing I watched as a kid even now I still love that scene.

Never understood why people like it... if you gotta watch 200 episodes for it to get good then im sorry but that shit is garbage...

Why are so many Somalis huge Naruto fans? I could never relate to any of them because I watched Dragon Ball Z growing up. When I was a kid, I thought Naruto was some weird rip off and I didn't like the whole ninja thing either.

SSJ2 Gohan was peak DBZ, best thing I watched as a kid even now I still love that scene.
Naruto is good from the start. It takes 150 episodes for one piece to become watchable.
Personally I've never watched dragon ball Z never even tried to the way the characters are animated made me lose interest as a kid.
Area 51 Running GIF by MOODMAN

Keo

VIP
Of course, the Somali character is the main villain in the show.
:francis:

Isn't it interesting that Oda said Blackbeard is Somali, but never specified which country Usopp is supposed to be from? Instead, he just said Africa.
:farmajoyaab:

Naruto is good from the start. It takes 150 episodes for one piece to become watchable.
Personally I've never watched dragon ball Z never even tried to the way the characters are animated made me lose interest as a kid.
Area 51 Running GIF by MOODMAN
DBZ is peak, especially Namek & Cell Saga, idk wtf Toriyama was thinking in the Buu Saga, felt like he just wanted to quit the series and gave up

Of course, the Somali character is the main villain in the show.
:francis:

Isn't it interesting that Oda said Blackbeard is Somali, but never specified which country Usopp is supposed to be from? Instead, he just said Africa.
:farmajoyaab:
It’s not enough to say Oda respects us. But he certainly differentiates us from the rest of Africa.
the difference is Naruto gets improved by its animation studio. While one piece gets repeatedly done dirty. Like one piece is not supposed to be 1000 episodes

But also look at this. A new studio picked up one piece after the first studio hoe’d it. I was gonna make a separate thread on this

32F9288A-5B56-4D05-88FC-A0BF72F6AD73.jpeg

Trending