Somali people have no solidarity for each other

So I just went to this restaurant called Medina grill on nicollet Ave Minneapolis last time I checked it was run by a Somali man I went in and it was being run by these oromos one was wearing Dirac and had neck tats like the habesha Christians it was full of Somali men and the Oromos spoke Somali I was disgusted and left wtf

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I don't like how Oromos seem to follow and copy Somalis. They even claim that Banadiri print is "their culture".
You mean the alindi? yea I’ve seen some of them wear it

You mean the alindi? yea I’ve seen some of them wear it

It's not enough for them to wear it but they want to act as if it's their traditional dress and not something they bought/copied from Somalis.

A very bold statement. We're probably one of the most tight knit diasporas out there. Which is funny, because if we united like this in our home country, we'd thrive :francis:

I don't like how Oromos seem to follow and copy Somalis. They even claim that Banadiri print is "their culture".

The Muslim Oromos I've seen all wear dirac now I had a stupid Oromo coworker of mine ask me if I spoke Oromo lmao I told her no Somali does and asked does she speak her colonizers language Amharic :ftw9nwa:

The Muslim Oromos I've seen all wear dirac now I had a stupid Oromo coworker of mine ask me if I spoke Oromo lmao I told her no Somali does and asked does she speak her colonizers language Amharic :ftw9nwa:

They just look at Somalis and press "Copy and Paste". Maybe it's because we are on the coast and traders so we set the fashion.

They just look at Somalis and press "Copy and Paste". Maybe it's because we are on the coast and traders so we set the fashion.

As much as oromos act like they are a people who are one they are not they are a fragmented people on the one hand you have Christian Orthodox Oromos who have almost assimilated into the dominant Amhara culture that they are indistinguishable from them but the Muslim Oromos are alienated because they are Muslim so they look towards us, and other groups like the harari but Oromo nationalists in order to hold the group together claim anything they coapted as being Oromo.

Oromos don’t really have an identity. I grew up with a couple. They speak Somali, wear Somali clothes, marry Somali. It’s so weird. Because then they run around saying they’re different but they have nothing to show for it. Give us some individuality.

But in terms of the Alindi, it’s worn across east Africa. I’ve even seen people from Comoros say it is their traditional fabric.

If Oromos stayed in their own land and didn't kill Somalis and follow us to Somalia, this would be more tolerable. I see them as violent stalkers.

Banaadir is the only place that has evidence of mass producing Banadiri fabric, these Comorians, Ugandans, Oromos all adopted it and now they want to lie to themselves.

They have a population of 60 million. Their behaviour should be a great cause for concern. Oromos like @Abba Sadacha try to shukaansi Somalis at first by suggesting we "work together" as Cushitic people, but the moment they get the opportunity to have power over us (see jijjiga situation), they'll spray bullets to wipe us out. Don't be fooled by them. Like the Bantus, they are only as miskeen as their numbers :farole:

They have a population of 60 million. Their behaviour should be a great cause for concern. Oromos like @Abba Sadacha try to shukaansi Somalis at first by suggesting we "work together" as Cushitic people, but the moment they get the opportunity to have power over us (see jijjiga situation), they'll spray bullets to wipe us out. Don't be fooled by them. Like the Bantus, they are only as miskeen as their numbers :farole:

I wish they would leave Somalis alone. There is no group as annoying as them tbh, at least Amhara/Tigre and other Habashis have distinct cultures and clothing and then these Oromos show up wherever Somalis are, looking like they are trying to duplicate us.

I don’t know much about the Alindi, but if it’s uniquely Banadiri that’s wonderful. I’ve seen a lot of people try to claim it. As well as the baati. I’ve seen many East Africans wear. Specifically Kenyan Tanzanian etc. I think I would love to see a program on the history of certain clothing

I personally have no problem with Oromo, but I agree the more they flood Somalia, the less tolerable I find them. They have a huge plot of land in Ethiopia. So why swarm your neighbours

I think Baatis and Diracs are adopted from others, maybe Arabs? But Somalis have done a good job by making it unique/classy and diverse enough not to look like copycats.

reer

VIP
somali-png.184120

Yes probably the arabs because it’s usually coastal Kenyans/Tanzanians that claim it. The Indian/Arab influence is strong in those parts

Arabs wore a variation of this kind of clothing so probably flowy, kaftan outfits are from them

researching-dress-and-identity1.jpg

I saw an old picture of what was labelled "Arab women in Bosaso", and the lady on the right is dressed like that. I suspect she was Arab Salah.

4737800ae063c9fafa4f3b788b91050c.jpg

Oromos don’t really have an identity. I grew up with a couple. They speak Somali, wear Somali clothes, marry Somali. It’s so weird. Because then they run around saying they’re different but they have nothing to show for it. Give us some individuality.

But in terms of the Alindi, it’s worn across east Africa. I’ve even seen people from Comoros say it is their traditional fabric.

In 1330, the Arab traveler Ibn Battuta wrote of Somalia's thriving cloth industry:
"In this place [Benaadir] are manufactured the unequalled woven fabrics named after it, which are exported from there to Egypt and elsewhere." A crossroads between Africa and the Middle East, Somalia was a pivot-point of trade, linking ports from Egypt to India. Her capital of Mogadishu sits on the Indian Ocean, 1,300 kilometers (800 miles) from the Gulf of Aden and equidistant from Cairo, Baghdad and the trading cities of India's southwestern coast. It was once a major entrepΓ΄t of the trade in spices, aromatic gums, ivory and textiles... The fields of the Jubaland Plain were polka-dotted with cotton plants, and Somalis produced over 350,000 pieces of cloth annually from the fertile ground...
Using locally grown vegetable dyes such as saffron and imported dyed yarns from India and Pakistan, Somali weavers began in the late 1950's to weave brilliant reds, blues, yellows, blacks, and purples into their futas and guntinos, giving their people traditional cloths to use for marriages, funerals, furniture, war dancing, and everyday farming. Weavers invented dozens of patterns with names like "teeth" and "goats in the sand dunes" that have become standards and today are worn in major ceremonies and the religious festivities that keep the national spirit of this Islamic stronghold alive...

The weaver first takes the dyed yarn in 24 batches of eight-meter (26-foot) lengths, each tied together and marked with spittle and kohl. He dunks them into a sizing of flour and water to make the fibers stiff and strong. Then, in a stretching method called darisi, the threads are wrapped from one strategically placed vertical stick in the building to another, and left to dry like a long L-shaped blanket. When the yarn has dried, it is wound onto a wooden spindle called the furfure, then unwound and tied into the heddle loops, following the color pattern indicated by loose strings on the bamboo heddle. The weaver affixes the heddle to the loom and stretches the threads of the new warp out behind the loom to a single iron hook set in the floor seven and a half to eight meters (24 to 26 feet) away. There all the warp threads are gathered into one fat knot, tied to a length of rope, and attached to the hook. The other end of the rope is led back to the weaver's seat. As weaving progresses and cloth is wound onto the cloth beam, the warp is fed toward the loom, anchoring it to the hook each time with a new knot farther down the rope... To meet the challenge of changing fashion they are helping to change the way women wear their cloth... Steadfast and adaptable, he shuttles weft into warp with whatever thread he has available, and keeps his feet firmly in the pit beneath his loom, whether it is in his own house or in a cooperative workshop. The thread does come, alham-dulillah - praise God. His loom remains full and his family fed...
| An excerpt | Β© Pages 8-11 of the September/October 1989 print edition of SAW.

Good job. You just slandered/back bited a Muslim. So now that Muslim Oromo gets some of your good deeds. Bani Adam is very reckless with their tongues indeed.

Trending