Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keo

VIP
Even as someone as me that can speak Somali well, I still struggle with writing in Somali although I am getting there.

BankaTuyo

حيران
We should've written it in Arabic
i disagree sxb, Latin is far more suitable to Somali pronunciations compared to Arabic. combination of letter to create certain phonetics, stresses, intonations, multiple syllable words...etc. not to mention the binary building blocks of our technology is written in Latin. for example you can't write domain names in Arabic.

i disagree sxb, Latin is far more suitable to Somali pronunciations compared to Arabic. combination of letter to create certain phonetics, stresses, intonations, multiple syllable words...etc. not to mention the binary building blocks of our technology is written in Latin. for example you can't write domain names in Arabic.
All these things Arabic abjad possess sxh although I agree with you that modern building blocks of technology are in Latin but that hasn't stopped countries that don't use the latiL script like China. Also Arabic already has most of Somali letters and Somali alphabet is basically arabic one minus some words changing to the arabic alphabet would make it easier all children in Somalia learn the alif ba tah in duugsi so that would specifically cut down the amount of learning they Need to do once they enter school because they have somewhat of a foundation in the letters and spelling not to mention the latin alphabet we use is very hard for dyslexic people to read due to the double vowels and takes up more space than it needs to

Status
Not open for further replies.