Somali official gym thread

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
My physique is in good condition but lately, I've been focusing and doing intense intense cardio training. During the lockdown, I've noticed a change in my stamina. I've also been eating healthy and sleeping properly for a couple of months now. Now I can do cross country running with ease and when I come out of the gym, I don't feel tired. Never let quarantine or being "busy" keep you away from exercising.

I'm not listening to white people every again. I was tricked into trying overnight oats and they are disgusting man. Does anyone have any ideas for a healthy breakfast other than eggs.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Since quarantine ive started to gain a lot of weight. I wouldn’t call myself fat just yet but in BMI terms I’m still in the normal zone but almost in the overweight section so I’m tryna loose some of it. I tried gym for a bit and it worked I lost 5kg over the course of 2-3 months and was satisfied with loosing another 5 and I woulda kept it constant but then we had a second lockdown in the UK for a month and in that month alone I gained 8kg so I’m basically back to square one. I tried going back to the gym but noticed my stamina is dead so I resorted to what some fat kid in my school did and isn’t fat no more........straight up starvation for a while

I am 273 lbs (125kg) and 6 ft 1 tall and need to lose excess fat. I have joined the gym last week. I can't do cardio. I used to run on the treadmill for at least 40 minutes but since i started smoking years ago. I no longer have the stamina so my last resort is lifting weights. Dont ask me how ive gained so much weight, because i have been on antidepressants for years (used to weight 83kg) Will I lose weight (fat) by just lifting weights 4 times a week? Please i need some advice perhaps a training plan? Shukran.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I am 273 lbs (125kg) and 6 ft 1 tall and need to lose excess fat. I have joined the gym last week. I can't do cardio. I used to run on the treadmill for at least 40 minutes but since i started smoking years ago. I no longer have the stamina so my last resort is lifting weights. Dont ask me how ive gained so much weight, because i have been on antidepressants for years (used to weight 83kg) Will I lose weight (fat) by just lifting weights 4 times a week? Please i need some advice perhaps a training plan? Shukran.
Eat less, that's it.

Count your calories if you need to.

Lifting weights and counting calories will set you straight. Going to the gym is the easy part and eating is the hardest part of losing/gaining weight. Make sure you eat foods like oatmeal,fish, chicken, yogurt etc... they'll help keep you full so you don't crave more food throughout the day.
Also start doing the lifting program stronglifts 5×5. Its a 3 day lifting program designed for beginners.

I've been the skinny Somali guy for the majority of my life, and I'd say hitting the gym was maybe one of the best choices I've made. Gaining weight was pretty hard since I'm 6'5 and my whole fam just being skinny in general.

But today I've just hit my 405 lbs deadlift and damnn it feels good
Check it!

I'd swear that eating is just the hardest part besides training, you just gotta be active and not lazy

I've been the skinny Somali guy for the majority of my life, and I'd say hitting the gym was maybe one of the best choices I've made. Gaining weight was pretty hard since I'm 6'5 and my whole fam just being skinny in general.

But today I've just hit my 405 lbs deadlift and damnn it feels good
Check it!

I'd swear that eating is just the hardest part besides training, you just gotta be active and not lazy
How long u been training bro? And how much u weight?

Btw congrats on the deadlift.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Thank you brother, I've been training for 2,5 years now, and my current weight is 205 lbs or 93kg

Ninjas like you and me are proof that Somalis and other Horners don't have to be stuck with that scrawny stick physique. I think we have plenty of capacity to get fairly strong and muscular if we lift some weights and eat enough nutritious food.

This was me like 1.5-2 years back:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not in that kinda shape now. A lot's happened in life and I just haven't had the time and motivation but power to you, young man.
:denzelnigga:

Ninjas like you and me are proof that Somalis and other Horners don't have to be stuck with that scrawny stick physique. I think we have plenty of capacity to get fairly strong and muscular if we lift some weights and eat enough nutritious food.

This was me like 1.5-2 years back:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not in that kinda shape now. A lot's happened in life and I just haven't had the time and motivation but power to you, young man.
:denzelnigga:
Yeah man def, Somali friends despise hitting the gym cuz they think we horner's can't put any muscle on our frame. BULLSHIT. We might have a bit harder time compared to the our west African brothers, but still we can get big.

Props to your previous physique, Hopefully you'll back in the Gym soon :salute:

Trending