Status
Not open for further replies.
So kind of like.... federalism? :ayaanswag:

Puntland currently is a federalist state with the provincial government in the Somalia.

I was referring to somaliland, still being an independent government but sharing resources and just helping eachother, having an open dialogue.

I'm not advocating for somaliland to become a federal state, it's been an
Independent country for 25 years.

I want that to be clear here....

Well you did say in a perfect world didn't you? For me that entails the eradication of Qabil from the Somali mindset :rejoice:

How will we know what we are? We identify ourselves by QABIL.

lol I can't support the eradication but I support stopping people abusing it and
Using it as a weapon.
:siilaanyosmile:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
How will we know what we are? We identify ourselves by QABIL.

lol I can't support the eradication but I support stopping people abusing it and
Using it as a weapon.
:siilaanyosmile:

We are Somali, end off :fittytousand:

Just like a swede is a swede, a German is a German.

Eradication is the only true path towards unity :banderas:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The Somali population in NFD went from 70,000 in 1960 to possibility 2.5 million in 2017.

Kinda funny how we're complaining about the Bantu population in Somalia when the Bantus are complaining about the Somali population in Kenya. And in Kenya, Somali's are above the Bantus in everything outside politics such as business, education, etc.

Didn't we ethnic cleanse them out of the jubbas and bay area less than two hundred years ago? no way would Oromo take over somalia.

I see the fear is real in your peoples. One day my descendents will walk through the halls of the Somali culture museum in the city of Addis Addis Ababa (Mogadishu) and point to the artifacts of the ancient people that once roamed the streets. It will be a joyful day indeed. May we all have solace in knowing that this our bright future.

Menelik III

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I see the fear is real in your peoples. One day my descendents will walk through the halls of the Somali culture museum in the city of Addis Addis Ababa (Mogadishu) and point to the artifacts of the ancient people that once roamed the streets. It will be a joyful day indeed. May we all have solace in knowing that this our bright future.

Menelik III
Nigga go make a EthioSpot or something :camby:

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
Ragga Soomaaliyeed; either learn to get along with each other and reclaim your homeland in a peaceful and progressive manner, or roll over and let the progressive Bantu, Oromo and Raxanwayn take over.

The once proud nomadic Somali have turned into sedentary whiners who are scared of other ethnic groups.
so we're a different ethnic group now? :kanyehmm: thanks for calling us progressive tho

so we're a different ethnic group now? :kanyehmm: thanks for calling us progressive tho

That's not what I meant.
I meant to say that Raxanweyn Somalis will be the only major Somali group, which is fine by me.
I am a supporter of the Raxanweyn people and believe Af-Maay should be an official language.

I would even go as far as to say that Raxanweyn are evolved Somalis. Like the Madhibaan and Tumaal Somalis, they are the most productive ethnic Somalis.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
That's not what I meant.
I meant to say that Raxanweyn Somalis will be the only major Somali group, which is fine by me.
I am a supporter of the Raxanweyn people and believe Af-Maay should be an official language.

I would even go as far as to say that Raxanweyn are evolved Somalis. Like the Madhibaan and Tumaal Somalis, they are the most productive ethnic Somalis.

If we made Af-Maay an official language and taught it at school in regions where it's spoken; Af-Maay kids will lose out on opportunities and jobs.

We won't have the resources anytime soon to duplicate all our schools, training and etc into other languages. We're lucky enough to have over 75% speak or understand one dialect of Somali and we should make use of that blessing.

VixR

Veritas
That's not what I meant.

Ppl on here keep saying this. Could it be that it was precisely bc they were marginalized that they supposedly do better?

Ppl on here keep saying this. Could it be that it was precisely bc they were marginalized that they supposedly do better?

Raxanweyn were never disenfranchised. I think they just have a different culture.
As for Madhibaana & Tumaal, I think they were always skilled.
I wish our history was written and we didn't have to guess why we're in a mess. :pachah1:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

lol it's a chicken and egg problem.

Truth is they were farmers for quite a while (Ajuuran empire and co), so they had to pick up skills that nomads didn't have.

Since it was normal to reject anything new or different back in the day (we've seen farmers in Oromia & across the Tana river but never copied them) we kept on seeing them as the "other".

In a perfect world, it would be ideal.

Somalia should take the first step apologise for the genocide of innocent children men and woman in somaliland and acknowledge our independence.

We could move forward from that and puntland would join.

But that's a dream, if we all fully came together and QABIL and corruption was left outside, we probably could achieve a lot.

But the white devils and western countries have been involving themselves with our respective governments for far too long. It's not in their interests, for us to unite.

I agree, except everyone should apologize to each other. Every qabiil had a hand in the conflict. Also, every qabiil was in the military and had warlords and that took part in the attrocities you speak of and more. No one qabiil suffered alone.

Once people understand that as well, we can move forward. But to sit here and ask for apologies without acknowledging your own faults is not something that will work. This goes for all Somali's with this mindset.

At this rate, we will still be in this conflict in 50 years. Lets stop being a part of the problem and being a real solution to the table. Our generation is the one who must bring about real change since the elders would rather fight and point fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending