Somali men have more representation in the media/ entertainment than women.

would you ppl have some respect and stop claiming Alisha? she never claimed you, nor she is full somali, or even claimed to be somalia, Why claiming her? :susp:

first and foremost unlike maya she’s always claimed to be of Somali heritage and supports other Somali people but as I said the media wants half africans to represent African women.

I mean lets be honest who cares if Somali men or women are more famous/mainstream.
I never see this men vs women type of comparison in any other community .

@ImanStan001
Stop pretending that the U.K. or other western countries are making woman life in hell. Maybe in Somalia or other third world Sh1thole. But here in the west women has much of the same opportunities as men.
The current prime minster of the U.K. is a woman, for the last ten years we had 2 woman who were the prime minster of this country. Both the Labour Party and the Tory party have a lot of female cabinet members.

Rather than bashing men and moaning everyday about “men this, men that”, I suggest you to go back to Somalia to advocate for woman rights rather than chilling in your comfort zone in the west moaning everyday.

@ImanStan001
Stop pretending that the U.K. or other western countries are making woman life in hell. Maybe in Somalia or other third world Sh1thole. But here in the west women has much of the same opportunities as men.
The current prime minster of the U.K. is a woman, for the last ten years we had 2 woman who were the prime minster of this country. Both the Labour Party and the Tory party have a lot of female cabinet members.

Rather than bashing men and moaning everyday about “men this, men that”, I suggest you to go back to Somalia to advocate for woman rights rather than chilling in your comfort zone in the west.

I’m not taking about Europeans . I’m specifically talking about African people in the west . And how am I bashing men ?
Did I say their success is unjustified?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Somali women are succeeding in social media, the platforms they have formed by supporting each other and then branching of to Mena, south asian and other black people has made many of them famous.

The digital sisterhood podcast which ranked first in the uk surpassing joe rogan podcast which is a huge platform watched by millions.

@ImanStan001 if you want to become famous, here is how. Make content for example youtube/tiktok for primarily somali audience. Start slowly branching out to other communities. Your content should be good which stands out from the rest, otherwise its pointless to try.

Somali women are succeeding in social media, the platforms they have formed by supporting each other and then branching of to Mena, south asian and other black people has made many of them famous.

The digital sisterhood podcast which ranked first in the uk surpassing joe rogan podcast which is a huge platform watched by millions.

@ImanStan001 if you want to become famous, here is how. Make content for example youtube/tiktok for primarily somali audience. Start slowly branching out to other communities. Your content should be good which stands out from the rest, otherwise its pointless to try.

I didn’t know that digital sisterhood podcast were Somali , I’m not into podcasts but do they mention they’re Somali or talk about Somali issues ? The first article I pressed presents them as black Muslims . No mention of their ethnicity .

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I didn’t know that digital sisterhood podcast were Somali , I’m not into podcasts but do they mention they’re Somali or talk about Somali issues ? The first article I pressed presents them as black Muslims . No mention of their ethnicity .
Most of them are somali I think.

Most Somali women should be like iman she has self respect and self awareness which most lack . Chunkz has self respect as well.
Well there’s still lots of time the generation born in the diaspora is still coming of age almost all under 30 well see more and more successful Somalis as the years go on

@ImanStan001 get into YouTube shorts. They’re gonna start paying YouTube shorts creators. Find a market niche and keep making videos everyday inshalllah you’ll blow up. YouTube shorts is the future imo Instagram is dying

8266DB86-B46A-46C6-9CA3-1BA0CA49F8BB.jpeg
82D6538A-EF8E-49D1-8524-4611C000C261.jpeg

that’s what samira did as well

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
@ImanStan001

All the somali models in IG / tiktok who became famous got first support from somali girls. Especially those who wear the hijab. In fact, the modest fashion trend actually was started by somalis if Im not mistaken.

This girl though is slightly different, she went viral because she is beautiful and capitalised off that.

Being a model won’t give you noor at the end of the day, I suggest Somali woman to be more entrepreneurial and to start a business. Many ways for Somali females to start a business, Somali/Muslim clothing line business etc in your local area, there’s many opportunities, this will benefit you in the long term.

Social media, YouTube etc are all very tough to break through, and you need a certain will or a strong mental strength to live your life under the eyes of the public. It looks tougher than it looks.

Trending