Somali men have more representation in the media/ entertainment than women.

GuanYu

Custom title
why are black / African men more accepted by the general public than women? I’ve realised there’s huge obstacles for African woman to have a career in the public sphere
simple answer, is because of beauty standards, Men are not subjected to the same beauty standards. you barely see African women with natural hair right?

Either way my statement was meant for everyone reading.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Aya Nakamura. They are horrible to her. French African men call her a man and gorilla and insult her together with Arabs. They have no dhiig. Then they got mad when she married ajnabi.
shes never done anything to them. She just makes popular public friendly music and is not very public. But they bully her everday for whatever reason.
in France only one black woman whose a singer is the most listened to artist in french but she faced a lot of criticism , which isn’t directed at African men

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
simple answer, is because of beauty standards, Men are not subjected to the same beauty standards. you barely see African women with natural hair right?

Either way my statement was meant for everyone reading.
No when your own men disparage you, everyone will think it’s free game.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
why are black / African men more accepted by the general public than women? I’ve realised there’s huge obstacles for African woman to have a career in the public sphere

This is a recent development in the west, african/black women were more accepted then men, only in the last 30 years have black men gained widespread approval from cadaans.

Its better to note whatever acceptance african men or woman have in the west is temporary and we will never be fully accepted. Matter of fact, cadaans will turn more right wing in few years ending the acceptance of non-whites in their countries sooner not later.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
first and foremost unlike maya she’s always claimed to be of Somali heritage and supports other Somali people but as I said the media wants half africans to represent African women.
Alisha claimed to be somali, or even supported somalis? where?

We do not need or want representation in western degenerate liberal media, which is also collapsing. But advocating for something like this would be consistent with your liberal goals on here.

Most likely a spy .

I WISH ILHAN WOULD BRING HER IDEOLOGY TO SOMALIA. She’s liberal supports LGBTSQ, married a white man , free healthcare no student loan , referred to sharia law as Shakira law - BRING HER BACK
[ we’re all Muslims from religious poor backgrounds we should be more mindful of how we are going to integrate / assimilate into wider society.
why is this popular, I’m curious I don’t see Afghans wearing blue burqas outside their country but I’m surrounded by suugo stained jilbaabs in south London . Before those with al shabab Mentality attack me I don’t have a problem with the hijab I’m just vain and cant stand the sight of it. Even a basic abaya looks better smh .
They have concerts all the time In Saudi Arabia but these al shabab members want us to live in the dark ages .
like I said a lot of Muslim countries are against those with al shabab mentality so Somalia will either join them or continue suffering from terrorism and extremism.

This is a recent development in the west, african/black women were more accepted then men, only in the last 30 years have black men gained widespread approval from cadaans.

Its better to note whatever acceptance african men or woman have in the west is temporary and we will never be fully accepted. Matter of fact, cadaans will turn more right wing in few years ending the acceptance of non-whites in their countries sooner not later.
Sudden shifts to the right wing are not the norm but a reaction to the Overton window constantly moving to the left. The left is winning the culture wars.

I want more mainstream representation of Somalis in general . And another factor I’ve realised is that black men are more accepted by the media and public , doesn’t matter if that’s the U.K. America , So Somali woman have more obstacles

if the weekend was a woman he would get dragged everyday on social media 🤣
By mainstream do you mean ‘white acceptance’?
Also, are you in your early 20s?

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Every public figure listed here is absolutely fucking degenerate and I find it pathetic how anyone respects their existence

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
I was buying tea in a Korean shop and I hear wewantwraith rapping and I have come to the conclusion that Somali men are more represented in the media than women

biggest rapper whose lucky to have a World Cup hit k’naan

the whole beta squad aj, sharky darkest man lead by chunkz , they’re known to all the young ppl in the U.K.

most politicians in the west are men and they’re mostly sane eg the Canadian one and the one appointed by Biden are ( ilhan omar and Ayaan hersi are not)

these mumble rappers in the U.K.

The Swedish rappers that have fame are men

Most of the journalists are men as well

Even AKAFI is being stopped in America by people who watch his Tiktoks.

the truth is us women are only represented by models and they’re not well known to the public ( they do a disservice to themselves with wearing hijab ) . the only model is iman and she’s ancient now , Halima was one but she embarrassed herself . The IG ones are not well known at all , only one was Hals and we all saw what happened to her Even worse we all know white and black people want mixed racepeople to be the face of black women ( not even light skin black but specifically mixed race ) , I don’t see maya jama and a half Swedish actress as representing Somali women.

Same for literally almost every ethnic group… especially minority ethnic groups, why exclusive to Somali males?

images (16).jpeg

Farhiya Abdi is a 6'2" Somali-Swedish playing (?) in the WNBA. She played for the Los Angeles Sparks, and was drafted 13th round 2, which is impressive considering she was a foreign player.

As far as I know no Faarax made it into the NBA.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
most politicians in the west are men and they’re mostly sane eg the Canadian one and the one appointed by Biden are ( ilhan omar and Ayaan hersi are not)

Ilhan Omar and Ahmed Hussein literally have the same political opinions.

How is one not a good representation and the other one is?

:dead:

Ilhan Omar and Ahmed Hussein literally have the same political opinions.

How is one not a good representation and the other one is?

:dead:
Lmaooo literally from the same qabil too. In fact I’d argue Ahmed Hussen has a higher position in power then Ilhan but she attacks Ilhan😂 internalized woman bias is something

Trending