Somali men have more representation in the media/ entertainment than women.

I was buying tea in a Korean shop and I hear wewantwraith rapping and I have come to the conclusion that Somali men are more represented in the media than women

biggest rapper whose lucky to have a World Cup hit k’naan

the whole beta squad aj, sharky darkest man lead by chunkz , they’re known to all the young ppl in the U.K.

most politicians in the west are men and they’re mostly sane eg the Canadian one and the one appointed by Biden are ( ilhan omar and Ayaan hersi are not)

these mumble rappers in the U.K.

The Swedish rappers that have fame are men

Most of the journalists are men as well

Even AKAFI is being stopped in America by people who watch his Tiktoks.

the truth is us women are only represented by models and they’re not well known to the public ( they do a disservice to themselves with wearing hijab ) . the only model is iman and she’s ancient now , Halima was one but she embarrassed herself . The IG ones are not well known at all , only one was Hals and we all saw what happened to her Even worse we all know white and black people want mixed racepeople to be the face of black women ( not even light skin black but specifically mixed race ) , I don’t see maya jama and a half Swedish actress as representing Somali women.

Last edited:
Somali women have a higher standard of achievement. Iman isn't that well known but she's a legendary supermodel and Ilhan is a mainstream American politician with a lot of power worldwide. She was received very well when she visited Pakistan. Only Somali male on that level is Mo Farah who dominated his sport for two Olympics. There are more Somali men who are successful than Somali women though

Somali women have a higher standard of achievement. Iman isn't that well known but she's a legendary supermodel and Ilhan is a mainstream American politician with a lot of power worldwide. She was received very well when she visited Pakistan. Only Somali male on that level is Mo Farah who dominated his sport for two Olympics. There are more Somali men who are successful than Somali women though
40D28782-E09B-4D94-9E65-06D249746358.jpeg

how can I forget about mo farah , whose won the most gold medals for Great Britain . I think If Somali Americans elected a better politician than ilhan they could go very far .

Last edited:
Saxib the only competition you need to put is those somali women thatbhave achieved alot not using their bodies as s.

For example one of the wealthiest woman in Uganda is Somali and she is self made.
Not a nor sells stories of FGM.

Lets not take s as role models when we have a bigger pool base to pick from.

Why are you comparing yourselves with Somali men? It sounds like you’re competing with us.

I want more mainstream representation of Somalis in general . And another factor I’ve realised is that black men are more accepted by the media and public , doesn’t matter if that’s the U.K. America , So Somali woman have more obstacles

if the weekend was a woman he would get dragged everyday on social media 🤣

I want more mainstream representation of Somalis in general . And another factor I’ve realised is that black men are more accepted by the media and public , doesn’t matter if that’s the U.K. America , So Somali woman have more obstacles
Representation in what sense in innovation,business deen or being th.ots.

Compare somali women to Aisha ra and khadija not some tho.ts

We don’t need more mainstream representation. We need to go back to the Deen and rebuild our country. Basically what I’m saying is we have much bigger fish to fry.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Why may I ask?

Only representation that I want is football, basketball players, basically just sports. Youtubers depending on their content are also acceptable.

Why may I ask?

Only representation that I want is football, basketball players, basically just sports. Youtubers depending on their content are also acceptable.

in politics too , for whatever reason the right wing like to specifically attack women of colour who are on the left . In the U.K. right now the chancellor of the Exchequer is Kwasi Kwarteng .

3FD2D2E3-DB6C-44A3-B3FA-ECFCF4426A6D.jpeg

The truth is most black woman who are famous in the movies are specifically mixed raced especially in America , even the black ones who get lead roles are black British for whatever reason .

in France only one black woman whose a singer is the most listened to artist in french but she faced a lot of criticism , which isn’t directed at African men.

in Latin America , nowadays everyone likes their music , you’ll see many black or mixed men but there are no women.

and I said the weekend if he was a woman would get dragged because he’s light skin and puts non black women on a pedestal , if he was a light skin Ethiopian woman putting non black men on a pedestal she would get dragged , accused of cultural appropriation, pandering to white audiences and have her dna questioned 24/7 ( which is what doja cat gets accused of all the time )
73FBD8D7-3068-4209-91FF-7E36B5733E9E.jpeg

GuanYu

Custom title
If you feel you gotta see someone that looks like you to represent you, or you got the feel to be seen through the ones in media, I am afraid you got a bigger issue to sort out in yourself. Security in one's identity can not be gained through other people

If you feel you gotta see someone that looks like you to represent you, or you got the feel to be seen through the ones in media, I am afraid you got a bigger issue to sort out in yourself. Security in one's identity can not be gained through other people

why are black / African men more accepted by the general public than women? I’ve realised there’s huge obstacles for African woman to have a career in the public sphere

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
would you ppl have some respect and stop claiming Alisha? she never claimed you, nor she is full somali, or even claimed to be somalia, Why claiming her? :susp:

Trending