Somali men: Easy Tips to improve your appearance!

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Grooming is way more affordable and more effective than buying drip.
Just dont become obsessed with your looks, cuz that's feminine.
Clean skin, the trim and beard is on point. The breath is minty and you smell like a million bucks. It will boost the sex appeal considerably. The goal for men is to be sexy, not beautiful. You dont have to be pretty to be sexy. You just have to be fuckworthy

I've been raised with the mentality that being a man and putting a great deal of effort in your looks is feminine. I grew up relatively traditional, and I switched up a few years ago at around 21. It has only worked in my benefit so far.

Grooming has always been a must though.

IMO putting in the effort to look the absolute best you can is always good. You'll eliminate some women, but attractive women don't give a f*ck how extensive your skin and haircare routine is. Women that call it feminine often feel like they're competing with you in looks.

I've been raised with the mentality that being a man and putting a great deal of effort in your looks is feminine. I grew up relatively traditional, and I switched up a few years ago at around 21. It has only worked in my benefit so far.

IMO putting in the effort to look the absolute best you can is always good. You'll eliminate some women, but attractive women don't give a f*ck how extensive your skin and haircare routine is. Women that call it feminine often feel like they're competing with you in looks.

That mentality is so toxic, good for you for breaking away from it.

How do people expect someone to live into old-age with health and happiness but their body is neglected.

People don't call it "feminine" when you keep your car, clothes and house clean and maintained but for some reason men are "feminine" when they take care of their body, which is "Amaanah"-- that Allah has entrusted you with.

Men should certainly use face masks and follow the Sunnah of removing body hair and grooming.

Never listen to people who want you to neglect the only home you have to live in forever; your face & body. My pet peeve is seeing well-groomed men but their feet are so dry and nasty looking with long or damaged nails.
Do your feet belong to the devil for you to treat it like that? :susp:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If you have a receding or a patchy beard, shave it very low so it's not noticeable. Don't draw attention to the issue with long hair.

Weak jawline;

You can improve it by "mewing" & also jaw exercises.

Mewing is but one method and not as effective on its own. One might be doing it incorrectly. It also requires a considerable amount of effort to keep your tongue in place (which is subconscious) and it's also required if your sleeping with your mouth entirely closed the whole night. If you're an adult your jaw will change but not radically. You'll also need some kind of myofunctional device to increase your jaw size which is actually better than braces. It's best used if the individual is a child to teach proper tongue positioning and give enough space for the tongue in the mouth. It can also be used for adults as well (the results won't be the same but the improvement in appearance is worth it). It also corrects improper biting if you only chew your food on one side and of course teeth misalignment.

To make sure you're children have good jaws and are generally more attractive with little to no need for braces. You'll have to start preventatively before your children are born and when they are newborns/ throughout their childhood. I might make a thread on this if people are interested (at some later date).

Mewing is but one method and not as effective on its own. One might be doing it incorrectly. It also requires a considerable amount of effort to keep your tongue in place (which is subconscious) and it's also required if your sleeping with your mouth entirely closed the whole night. If you're an adult your jaw will change but not radically. You'll also need some kind of myofunctional device to increase your jaw size which is actually better than braces. It's best used if the individual is a child to teach proper tongue positioning and give enough space for the tongue in the mouth. It can also be used for adults as well (the results won't be the same but the improvement in appearance is worth it). It also corrects poor biting if you only chew your food on one side and of course teeth misalignment.

To make sure you're children have good jaws and are generally more attractive with little to no need for braces. You'll have to start preventatively before your children are born and when they are newborns/ throughout their childhood. I might make a thread on this if people are interested (at some later date).

Yes please! Tag me :it0tdo8:

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

Ya feel me. It's good to keep girls on their toes when they know other women find you attractive.
Let them feel how it is to be a boy and you're the bad b. They will relate to Beyoncé better

The chicks who dont wanna f*ck with you are donations to the other guys. Cant hoard them all to yourself.

As long as you dont touch your eyebrows or wear tight pants, you're gucci. Look at pimps and how on point they are with staying fresh. Appearance is how you bring them and your brain is how you hook them.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Mewing is but one method and not as effective on its own. One might be doing it incorrectly. It also requires a considerable amount of effort to keep your tongue in place (which is subconscious) and it's also required if your sleeping with your mouth entirely closed the whole night. If you're an adult your jaw will change but not radically. You'll also need some kind of myofunctional device to increase your jaw size which is actually better than braces. It's best used if the individual is a child to teach proper tongue positioning and give enough space for the tongue in the mouth. It can also be used for adults as well (the results won't be the same but the improvement in appearance is worth it). It also corrects improper biting if you only chew your food on one side and of course teeth misalignment.

Myofunction device such as a homeoblock? I'm not particularly concerned about my jawline, but I'm thinking of going for a second round of braces. I'm only now reading however that braces can come with a range of complication from tooth extraction and general tightening that reduces your palate size. In turn, that could worsen your breathing and possibly cause sleep apnea among a whole range of other complications. What so you know about homeoblocks? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info if digestible info out there.

Myofunction device such as a homeoblock? I'm not particularly concerned about my jawline, but I'm thinking of going for a second round of braces. I'm only now reading however that braces can come with a range of complication from tooth extraction and general tightening that reduces your palate size. In turn, that could worsen your breathing and possibly cause sleep apnea among a whole range of other complications. What so you know about homeoblocks? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info if digestible info out there.

If your going to get braces to fix crowded teeth as one of the reason then get a palate expansion. The issue with modern orthodontics is they only look at the teeth and not the mouth/jaw area.

An expansion will fix crowded teeth by widen the area without messing up your facial symmetry and appearance.

Where are you based? I'm sure you can find someone that offers this in your country

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I've never heard of homeoblocks? Are they essentially palate expanders?

I've never had braces and no extractions. Alx. I'm not trying to make a narrow face narrower and age myself unnecessarily. Myobraces aren't braces (its more like a mouth guard) and they don't close your airways nor require extractions it's quite the opposite. It's worth considering for some. The lifelong consequences of braces are not entirely known. But I'd prefer more natural forces.

OIP.nKn2g5RJ_l2MxwgoHV8rDQAAAA

myobrace-teens.jpg

Drew%20Singer%20Face%20Website.jpg

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
If your going to get braces to fix crowded teeth as one of the reason then get a palate expansion. The issue with modern orthodontics is they only look at the teeth and not the mouth/jaw area.

An expansion will fix crowded teeth by widen the area without messing up your facial symmetry and appearance.

Where are you based? I'm sure you can find someone that offers this in your country

Yes, overcrowding is the cause. I have one tooth that is slightly pushed back. I'm doing it entirely for cosmetic reasons.

I have never heard of a palate expander. I've quickly looked it up just now and it seems like it serves the same purpose as a homeoblock.

Is an expander widely available at the orthodontist? I've looked for places that asses you for a homeoblock, but they're very few and seems a little sketchy. I'm too ignorant and a little skeptical as to whether it works or not too.

Belgium, Germany, Netherlands or France - location shouldn't be a problem if it's somewhat common

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL

I've never had braces and no extractions. Alx. I'm not trying to make a narrow face narrower and age myself unnecessarily. Myobraces aren't braces (its more like a mouth guard) and they don't close your airways nor require extractions it's quite the opposite. It's worth considering for some. The lifelong consequences of braces are not entirely known. But I'd prefer more natural forces.

myobrace-teens.jpg

Yes, they're meant to expand your palate and fix overcrowding (along with breathing) in a less invasive way that braces. You're supposed to wear them at night, kind of like retainers. Whereas palate expanders are fixed like braces (I assume).

Ironically, I have never heard of palate expanders until @Halimo Supremist mentioned them just now.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

myobrace-teens.jpg

Hmmmm:ohhh:
This thing deserves its own thread.
A lotta droopy jawed bruddas would benefit from this.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, overcrowding is the cause. I have one tooth that is slightly pushed back. I'm doing it entirely for cosmetic reasons.

I have never heard of a palate expander. I've quickly looked it up just now and it seems like it serves the same purpose as a homeoblock.

Is an expander widely available at the orthodontist? I've looked for places that asses you for a homeoblock, but they're very few and seems a little sketchy. I'm too ignorant and a little skeptical as to whether it works or not too.

Belgium, Germany, Netherlands or France - location shouldn't be a problem if it's somewhat common

Look up mewing treatments or myofunction therapists in your location. I'm doing it myself at the moment and can't wait to be done and have my glowup completed.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes, they're meant to expand your palate and fix your teeth (along with breathing) in a less invasive way that braces.

Ironically, I have never heard of palate expanders until @Halimo Supremist mentioned them just now.

The intention of palate expanders is quite similar to the myobrace as well.

Hmmmm:ohhh:
This thing deserves its own thread.
A lotta droopy jawed bruddas would benefit from this.

:mjlol: If I teach them how to grow beards that connect, how to get hairlines fully resuscitated and have a nice jaw/ wider palate it could be dangerous. I'm not prepared for what could come from a massive glow up. The Halimos might blame me for the uptick in arrogance among their male counterparts. :snoop:

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL

Look up mewing treatments or myofunction therapists in your location. I'm doing it myself at the moment and can't wait to be done and have my glowup completed.
[/QUOTE]

I've only briefly looked into mewing and tbh I'm a little skeptical, but that's in part because of the culture surrounding it.

Have you started any treatments or are you in the planning stage?

:mjlol: If I teach them how to grow beards that connect, how to get hairlines fully resuscitated and have a nice jaw/ wider palate it could be dangerous. I'm not prepared for what could come from a massive glow up. The Halimos might blame me for the uptick in arrogance among their male counterparts. :snoop:

Have you used Myobraces yourself or do you know any irl that used it? I'm going to try and extensively look into when I get home later tonight.

Ty to you both btw. I had no idea this shit existed. I only knew about homeoblocks from a podcast. Illeen there's a whole community for this stuff.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I've only briefly looked into mewing and tbh I'm a little skeptical, but that's in part because of the culture surrounding it.

Have you started any treatments or are you in the planning stage?

Have you used Myobraces yourself or do you know any irl that used it? I'm going to try and extensively look into when I get home later tonight.

I haven't used the myobrace TBH. If you don't want to pay the cost and want to boot strap it then it's at your own peril. Some individuals with very minor misalignment can use a copycat version made of silicone that you can find on Wish.com (from China).

Results may vary.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads

You make that happen and I'll nominate you to Nobel Peace Prize for reuniting Faraxs and xalimos:fittytousand:

Somali men can afford only one struggle.
Being broke and look like slack jaw rednecks is too burdensome for a lot of the bruddas :pachah1:

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I haven't used the myobrace TBH. If you don't want to pay the cost and want to boot strap it then it's at your own peril. Some individuals with very minor misalignment can use a copycat version made of silicone that you can find on Wish.com (from China).

Results may vary.

I'll stay away from anything chinese, especially wish.com! On a quick glance it seems cheaper than invisalign or train tracks which is what I was considering anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You make that happen and I'll nominate you to Nobel Peace Prize for reuniting Faraxs and xalimos:fittytousand:

Somali men can afford only one struggle.
Being broke and look like slack jaw rednecks is too burdensome for a lot of the bruddas :pachah1:

They must have kind hearts and promise to humble themselves once they achieve their results. Only then will I consider doing a righteous act of providing pro bono assistance. :mjpls:

To get the domesticated geeljire back his jaw is quite the undertaking, you know.

I'll stay away from anything chinese, especially wish.com! On a quick glance it seems cheaper than invisalign or train tracks which is what I was considering anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

You aren't cheap. That's good. Myofunctional braces are affordable but in the case of those that feel like it's too exorbitant a cost I posted an alternative (which is essentially a mouth guard) that helps you mew at night. It's also available on Amazon. What isn't.

Trending