Somali guy tells me I would be perfect if I was a virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
So.... what happens when you lose your virginity while married but end up being divorced? Will I be kicked out of the dating game for good?:cosbyhmm:
No, that's a completely different story. It might be more difficult if you're a single mother but that's not because of your virginity. At least that's my take on it and I seem to be slightly on the conservative side of things based on this thread.

@Gambar

You might be right. I don't actively seek. I do want to marry soon. But I don't put myself out there. I just filter out the men who approach me. I don't see myself marrying non Somali if we are being real. I grew up in a neighbourhood of pretty much only Somalis. My issue was that men that do approach me to get to know me switch up once that virgin topic arises. And even thought i am not one, I can't help but be offended that they even ask. I feel like it shouldn't even be a topic between two people getting to know each other. But then i second guess myself, like maybe it's because i was born here, i am so westernized and do not understand that a man seeking marriage needs to know. I am conflicted. And today was the final straw when that man told me I COULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT. I felt so low and diseased.

But I will keep in mind the possibility of marrying non Somali.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
marry a guy back home, divorce him and your problem is solved.:damedamn:

when you tell them you are a divorcee, no one will ask about virginity :browtf:

i believe marriages for the pure purpose of sexual encounters are actually a cultural norm in some part of the middle east

n15dPag.jpg

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
The more of a you are the more likely the marriage is going to fail.

The study is about American marriages and revolves around American culture. It's findings have nothing to do with old Somali marriages who have completely different intricacies attached. It does relate to marriages between American born/raised Somalis.

You bringing up older Somali marriages as a counterarguement was not well thought out and plain stupid. That's a whole nother discussion. They were not the focus of the study or a part of it.

What's even more hilarious is that you brought up a study that had nothing to do with us, therefore unnecessary. :drakekidding:

Don't believe him as if he had done virginity test on every Somali girl ! Plus you can marry from Somali diaspora in Arabic countries or back home.
I don't believe him at all. This guy is a walking contradiction. I know majority of Somalis of both genders decent. I heard girls from carabaha arne't as stubborn as the ones from here? ma run baa?:yacadiim:

marry a guy back home, divorce him and your problem is solved.:damedamn:

when you tell them you are a divorcee, no one will ask about virginity :browtf:

Lmaoooo that's actually super smart(and devious). What if it becomes like a romance novel and I actually fall in love with the man back home?

but i agree, masculinity is too heavily tied to sex. what we need is relatively educated dudes who can throw hands if need be that can attest to the scholastic route. that way we can ignore ismael and his hoodlum gang of baadiyo pond-scum.

Guns changed the game. Nowadays I wouldn't even be surprised if many miskeens could body the "ciyaal suuqs" these days with relative ease. But then they will just grab their gun, kill them, and either not get caught (most likely) or cop a plea deal and serve a few years. It used to be that the goonies were generally ripped and physically dominant, but now any scrawny and limp-wristed weakling can grab a gun and move like he's the man. :damedamn:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Guns changed the game. Nowadays I wouldn't even be surprised if many miskeens could body the "ciyaal suuqs" these days with relative ease. But then they will just grab their gun, kill them, and either not get caught (most likely) or cop a plea deal and serve a few years. It used to be that the goonies were generally ripped and physically dominant, but now any scrawny and limp-wristed weakling can grab a gun and move like he's the man. :damedamn:

it might be worth it to get a gun license at this point tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.