Somali girls only *make up*

Muji

VIP
Foundation: fenty, too faced born this way, mac studio fix powder foundation
concealer: too faced born this way
Eye shadow: too faced peach palette, smells so good
Lips: mac lipsticks whirl, verve, soar; nyx butter lipgloss in praline, gingersnap
Highlighter: mac mineralize skinfinish global glow, the balm (manizer sisters)
Contour: fenty matchstix set 300, sleek medium/dark
Setting spray: morphe

I bought more make up on black friday. Cant wait to try the translucent powder by laura mercier.

i dont use make up on a daily basis (only lips and eyebrows) i use makeup only when i go out with friends.
Which eyeshadow pallets is that?

I’ve been thinking about purchasing this one

8E0E07F8-788E-4C2D-BEB5-B00606601411.jpeg

Welcome to the world of being Somali, where your melanin doesn’t stay still! First of all what’s your skincare like? Do you use things like sunscreen, niacinamide(and other active ingredients), toners, vitamin c serums, acid exfoliators ? It might lessen your hyperpigmentation
I had the same issue and not until I fixed my skincare did my foundation look slightly better on my skin :yloezpe:

Abaayo, I have nothing called a skincare routine. I cleanse and moisturize. That's all. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it
:liberaltears:

Do you have discoloration around your mouth or just on your lip? There is really nothing you can besides finding good cream that will safely lighten the area, and SPF, a lot of Somalis don’t wear SPF thinking they don’t need it. I suffer from under eye dark circles so I can feel your pain, did every DIY masks and under eye cream the only thing that remotely helped is, sleep and drinking more.

I have discoloration around my mouth. I have given up at this point. My mustache will be with me for life. Thank you for the advice. I'll try using SPF consistently.

Bio oil helped me shift dark discolouration I had as a child. I had these marks under my lips because I used to excessively lick my Lips. I had it for years when I tried bio oil at 17 it removed it all wallahi. How did you get the dark hyperpigmentation?

I think I got the dark discoloration because I never used SPF as a kid. Thank you for the advice. I'll try bio oil.

Muji

VIP
It’s from the gob tree. Green in color. Turn it into a paste and mix it with hurud or olive oil and you use it as a face mask. Have u not seen your mom use it?

No isn’t yellow? She uses this yellow paste which she mixes herself

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I’ll ask her about it. I have seen her use something of this colour. I wonder if it has an English name. Would love to understand how it works.

It probably does. I don’t know it.

My mom taught me. I use it often, best time to use it is a few days before an event/aroos to get that instant glow. It works like your regular face mask. You can add honey, olive oil, turmeric to it to make it more effective. I would advise to get it from back home the ones sold in qurbaha are not authentic. They add stuff to it.

Muji

VIP
It probably does. I don’t know it.

My mom taught me. I use it often, best time to use it is a few days before an event/aroos to get that instant glow. It works like your regular face mask. You can add honey, olive oil, turmeric to it to make it more effective. I would advise to get it from back home the ones sold in qurbaha are not authentic. They add stuff to it.

I’ve noticed older xalimos rarely have acne or open pores

I don’t wear lipstick but I wear fenty beauty lipgloss if that counts. Foundation is also Fenty beauty. Blush is Charlotte tilsbury and eyesshadow is morphe. I love rosy looks with a warm undertone. But I usually just do a simple makeup look.

Muji

VIP
I don’t wear lipstick but I wear fenty beauty lipgloss if that counts. Foundation is also Fenty beauty. Blush is Charlotte tilsbury and eyesshadow is morphe. I love rosy looks with a warm undertone. But I usually just do a simple makeup look.

Which shade do you use for the blush. I was just about to post about Charlotte tilbury

I buy expensive foundations and lipsticks eyeliners. Everything else is drug store. I am new to make up so i made a lot mistakes sometimes i cringe looking back at myself lol but thats how i learned.
my skills are getting better i go for the natural look for now. I dont want to look like i have a mask on.

Muji

VIP
Are there any YouTubers who do good make up looks i enjoy watching jasmine tookes channel but not much else.

I have always wanted to visit France. Abaayo, we should become friends. Since we’ve now established our friendship, can you spare me your couch? Can you also buy me a flight ticket as a Christmas present? Please and Thank you! That’s what friends do. I will tell my mother I’m visiting my long lost MJ sister.
:it0tdo8:
:salute:

I have always wanted to visit France. Abaayo, we should become friends. Since we’ve now established our friendship, can you spare me your couch? Can you also buy me a flight ticket as a Christmas present? Please and Thank you! That’s what friends do. I will tell my mother I’m visiting my long lost MJ sister.
:it0tdo8:
:salute:

I’m gadabuursi haha but you are always welcome whenever you want my dear sis. I live in Canada now though so you’ll have to wait:ftw9nwa:

Trending

Latest posts