Somali girls only *make up*

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
Abayo its so hard:liberaltears:Makeup is so expensive and I'm shaaqo laa'an. When I get a full time job after graduating, I'll be swimming in makeup:hillarybiz:

Both!! I'll save some money for high end but would also like some drug-store since I'll probably be broke again and need that drug-store list again
Please try either the Nars one or Tarte Shape tape
The Too faced one and YSL ones are also honourable mentions, go high end if you’re saving up
Maybelline Fit me is a dupe for the Nars one (kind of)

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Favourite nude lipstick: NYX lingerie: Teddy- has a slight lilac tinge

Favourite foundation: Maybelline fit me foundation and Fenty beauty.

Since my skin is caramel brown I find a lot of foundations that look right appear orange on me. So far only those two seem to keep my true skin tone. Would appreciate any other suggestions?

Favourite eyeshadow palette: Morphe palette 3503

Favourite make up look: Natural glam

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of a dark shadow above my lip? I look like I have a mustache. Please don't reccomend LA girl color corrector. I turned into an orange after using it.
Do you have discoloration around your mouth or just on your lip? There is really nothing you can do besides finding good cream that will safely lighten the area, and SPF, a lot of Somalis don’t wear SPF thinking they don’t need it. I suffer from under eye dark circles so I can feel your pain, did every DIY masks and under eye cream the only thing that remotely helped is, sleep and drinking more.

Do you have discoloration around your mouth or just on your lip? There is really nothing you can besides finding good cream that will safely lighten the area, and SPF, a lot of Somalis don’t wear SPF thinking they don’t need it. I suffer from under eye dark circles so I can feel your pain, did every DIY masks and under eye cream the only thing that remotely helped is, sleep and drinking more.

Try almond oil. I use it on my whole body and face. It improved my skin tone, and dark circles.

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of a dark shadow above my lip? I look like I have a mustache. Please don't reccomend LA girl color corrector. I turned into an orange after using it.

@Basra @NotMyL @beenleey @SilverL @Saredo @Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa @VixR[/USER [USER=11167]@IftiinOfLife[/USER [USER=8856]@Kanini @Gambar
@Basic[/USER][/USER]
Welcome to the world of being Somali, where your melanin doesn’t stay still! First of all what’s your skincare like? Do you use things like sunscreen, niacinamide(and other active ingredients), toners, vitamin c serums, acid exfoliators ? It might lessen your hyperpigmentation
I had the same issue and not until I fixed my skincare did my foundation look slightly better on my skin :yloezpe:

Muji

VIP

@Basra @NotMyL @beenleey @SilverL @Saredo @Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa @VixR[/USER [USER=11167]@IftiinOfLife[/USER [USER=8856]@Kanini @Gambar
@Basic[/USER][/USER]

Bio oil helped me shift dark discolouration I had as a child. I had these marks under my lips because I used to excessively lick my Lips. I had it for years when I tried bio oil at 17 it removed it all wallahi. How did you get the dark hyperpigmentation?

Muji

VIP
Get the Laura Mercier blush in color grapefruit, you won’t regret it.

And when I wear foundation it’s usually for events so I’m expecting it not to break, since I’m wearing it for hours especially around the mouth area, the only one that works for me is Smashbox, I sometimes will use Nars just to switch it up but I’m loyal to Smashbox.

I’ll add it to my list.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
Foundation: fenty, too faced born this way, mac studio fix powder foundation
concealer: too faced born this way
Eye shadow: too faced peach palette, smells so good
Lips: mac lipsticks whirl, verve, soar; nyx butter lipgloss in praline, gingersnap
Highlighter: mac mineralize skinfinish global glow, the balm (manizer sisters)
Contour: fenty matchstix set 300, sleek medium/dark
Setting spray: morphe

I bought more make up on black friday. Cant wait to try the translucent powder by laura mercier.

i dont use make up on a daily basis (only lips and eyebrows) i use makeup only when i go out with friends.

Last edited:

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.

@Basic[/USER][/USER]

Use qasil. It’s natural and it works wonders. Use it long term for best results. It evens out your skin tone and gives you a natural glow.

Muji

VIP
Foundation: fenty, too faced born this way, mac studio fix powder foundation
concealer: too faced born this way
Eye shadow: too faced palette, smells so good
Lips: mac lipsticks whirl, verve, soar; butter lipgloss in praline, gingersnap
Highlighter: mac mineralize skinfinish global glow, the balm (manizer sisters)
Contour: fenty matchstix set 300, sleek medium/dark
Setting spray: morphe

I bought more make up on black friday. Cant wait to try the translucent powder by laura mercier.

i dont use make up on a daily basis (only lips and eyebrows) i use makeup only when i go out with friends.

Same I like to collect make up more than I like to use it

Trending