Somali girls family REFUSES to attend the wedding of their daughter and a yardie

VixR

Veritas
We all been in love or thought we were at one point and years later thought wtf was i thinking. He did care for her...but was smart enough not to make irrational decision. You shouldnt start a marriage by taking on a whole family. Thats not normal......i know women love the us against the world struggle. But sh1t aint healthy.....
You don’t trust love alone. You judge them and the relationship by other metrics.

It’s not about us vs world. Its about does he care about you, or does he not. The result spoke for itself here. The answer was no. Its the bottom line.

What you think we are monolithic? we are not, just because you see a few crack pots online spouting alt-right nonsense don't mean we all share the same mindset, and generalizing millions of Somalis based on what ? a few tweets and this obscure forum you need to get a clue.
In general, Somalis are very nationalist. Not all. Also, you can't really criticize how white people treat minorities. I know I would be discriminated against some Somalis. I say the same to my Mexican friends. Mexicans can't call Trump racist when their country treat Haitians and the indigenous (While screaming"We Waz sun kangz and shit") like dirt. And their cartel takes orders from the Aryan Nation. Lol, low key, you kinda sound like a stereo typical naive white guy explaining racism. The irony !!!!!!!

In general, Somalis are very nationalist. Not all. Also, you can't really criticize how white people treat minorities. I know I would be discriminated against some Somalis. I say the same to my Mexican friends. Mexicans can't call Trump racist when their country treat Haitians and the indigenous (While screaming"We Waz sun kangz and shit") like dirt. And their cartel takes orders from the Aryan Nation. Lol, low key, you kinda sound like a stereo typical naive white guy explaining racism. The irony !!!!!!!

You can be a nationalist and be against racism at the same time, you know there are different types of nationalism right ?, your whole argument falls flat on it's face your saying because someone of my own ethnicity does so and so it must mean we all have the same sentiments which we do not, so because of this false logic we do not have the right to criticise anyone and so therefore we should shut the hell up right ?, wrong!! it don't matter whether he/she is of my own ethnicity or any other ethnicity if they are in the wrong they will be called out criticised for their wrong doings simple.

Seriously before you conjured up this drivel that you just wrote did your mind proccess it before you press send and did it make any sense ?,
it must have made sense to you or else you wouldn't press send.

My bad. Posted in wrong thread. My phone is retarded
You can be a nationalist and be against racism at the same time, you know there are different types of nationalism right ?, your whole argument falls flat on it's face your saying because someone of my own ethnicity does so and so it must mean we all have the same sentiments which we do not, so because of this false logic we do not have the right to criticise anyone and so therefore we should shut the hell up right ?, wrong!! it don't matter whether he/she is of my own ethnicity or any other ethnicity if they are in the wrong they will be called out criticised for their wrong doings simple.

Seriously before you conjured up this drivel that you just wrote did your mind proccess it before you press send and did it make any sense ?,
it must have made sense to you or else you wouldn't press send.
Look,if I showed your average maadow that conversations from this site, they would say Somalis are racist ASF. Note, this is from an American view. Here, nationalist equals racism, especially if you're white. Somali nationalism is look at as cooning to the pro black Americans. My Jewish friend says nationalism is evil. Facepalm. Literally, you would driven insane talking to some Westerners. I actually agree with your views, but like I said most of my peers frown on such beliefs. Except for traditional Mexicans, Nigerians, and some South Americans I've talked and chill with.

You don’t trust love alone. You judge them and the relationship by other metrics.

It’s not about us vs world. Its about does he care about you, or does he not. The result spoke for itself here. The answer was no. Its the bottom line.

Vix whats up with this hippie talk lol. Love defeats it all. When im choosing life partners and the mother of my children. Offcourse im gonna use different methrics. Love is ine thing, her family is another. You marry into a family. No one came from a tree.....we all have family. That will be my childrens grandparents, uncle and aunties.. Why enter a situation where they all hate your guts? You dont think that toxcity woukd effect your relationship? Also if you really love someone sometimes you have to make the unselfish decision and the harder one and walk away. Im not interested in breaking a family abd one day her resenting me for making her choose between her and her family. Im start to think you younger than i thought with this love thing lol

VixR

Veritas
Vix whats up with this hippie talk lol. Love defeats it all. When im choosing life partners and the mother of my children. Offcourse im gonna use different methrics. Love is ine thing, her family is another. You marry into a family. No one came from a tree.....we all have family. That will be my childrens grandparents, uncle and aunties.. Why enter a situation where they all hate your guts? You dont think that toxcity woukd effect your relationship? Also if you really love someone sometimes you have to make the unselfish decision and the harder one and walk away. Im not interested in breaking a family abd one day her resenting me for making her choose between her and her family. Im start to think you younger than i thought with this love thing lol
We’re looking at this from two perspectives:

1) For a man/woman who left you vs fighting for it, the truth is they didn’t care, or didn’t care as much. That’s what you’re saying in so many ways. Its the bottom line.

2) For the family who threatened to disown you, they just announced their relationship to you is conditional. And they were the ones who invoked it.

I’ve known people who’s families hate their relationships, and when their hate is without cause and they’ve found someone who truly is perfect for them, they’re hardly the ones in the wrong for pursuing it. It’s not hippie, it’s real life.

Look,if I showed your average maadow that conversations from this site, they would say Somalis are racist ASF. Note, this is from an American view. Here, nationalist equals racism, especially if you're white. Somali nationalism is look at as cooning to the pro black Americans. My Jewish friend says nationalism is evil. Facepalm. Literally, you would driven insane talking to some Westerners. I actually agree with your views, but like I said most of my peers frown on such beliefs. Except for traditional Mexicans, Nigerians, and some South Americans I've talked and chill with.

Let's go by your logic for a second okay, say if i want to generalize AA's i would ignorantly pull up worldstarhiphop and show people and say that's how most AA's are which is far from the truth, you see where im going with this ? generalizing and discriminating a whole ethnicity because of the wrong doings of a few.

Now on to the second point about Nationalism based on the context of America i understand completely why people see it as a bad thing because of history and white supremacists, yes in that context i agree especially if you take it to extremes, besides America is a melting pot, but you are confusing two different things being a nationalist in America and being one in Somalia so you saying African Americans calling us a coon for being nationalist back in Somalia doesn't make any sense since the word coon means a African person who's sole purpose is to entertain white people, which white people are back in Somalia to entertain ? btw i'm not really a nationalist and i don't care for it tbh.

We’re looking at this from two perspectives:

1) For a man/woman who left you vs fighting for it, the truth is they didn’t care, or didn’t care as much. That’s what you’re saying in so many ways. Its the bottom line.

2) For the family who threatened to disown you, they just announced their relationship to you is conditional. And they were the ones who invoked it.

I’ve known people who’s families hate their relationships, and when their hate is without cause and they’ve found someone who truly is perfect for them, they’re hardly the ones in the wrong for pursuing it. It’s not hippie, it’s real life.
Some thing are just not worth fighting for sis. You gotta choose your battles in life wisely. Our difference is heart vs brain. You are making this all emotional and we dont make the smartest decision when we base it on emotions alone

Let's go by your logic for a second okay, say if i want to generalize AA's i would ignorantly pull up worldstarhiphop and show people and say that's how most AA's are which is far from the truth, you see where im going with this ? generalizing and discriminating a whole ethnicity because of the wrong doings of a few.

Now on to the second point about Nationalism based on the context of America i understand completely why people see it as a bad thing because of history and white supremacists, yes in that context i agree especially if you take it to extremes, besides America is a melting pot, but you are confusing two different things being a nationalist in America and being one in Somalia so you saying African Americans calling us a coon for being nationalist back in Somalia doesn't make any sense since the word coon means a African person who's sole purpose is to entertain white people, which white people are back in Somalia to entertain ? btw i'm not really a nationalist and i don't care for it tbh.
Yes, but the word coon is basically a what AAs say when you don't agree with them. Also, I don't believe any race's hands are clean of blood. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Although, they maybe extracted, they still hold some truth. Like most African Americans are democrats. Yes, there are some conservatives but a vast majority aren't. And not only do you have to allude white supremacy to the negative view of nationalism, it's because blacks in America have a history of colorism. They believe Somali pride or nationalism is to try to be accepted by white people. And ignoring one our culture's flaws is suicide. Critiquing one's self and debates is important to growth in one's character and community.

VixR

Veritas
Some thing are just not worth fighting for sis. You gotta choose your battles in life wisely. Our difference is heart vs brain. You are making this all emotional and we dont make the smartest decision when we base it on emotions alone
In one case you’re using both, and in your case you’re using neither. Why? Not only are you letting go someone who’s presumably an optimal match, but you’re restricting yourself for a family who had the wherewithal to tell you they’d be just fine without you. Let’s agree to disagree.

In one case you’re using both, and in your case you’re using neither. Why? Not only are you letting go someone who’s presumably an optimal match, but you’re restricting yourself for a family who had the wherewithal to tell you they’d be just fine without you. Let’s agree to disagree.
I dont believe in optimal partner or that its only one person out there for me. I have only 1 family though. So its also calculated risk leading me to think its not price worth paying

VixR

Veritas
I dont believe in optimal partner or that its only one person out there for me. I have only 1 family though. So its also calculated risk leading me to think its not price worth paying
If you ask me if I believe in soulmates, it’s a no. But there is such a thing as hitting the jackpot in dating.

I don’t think it should be a choice I should be asked to make.

If you ask me if I believe in soulmates, it’s a no. But there is such a thing as hitting the jackpot in dating.

I don’t think it should be a choice I should be asked to make.
In an ideal world no....so i agree. But this is not ideal world so its ugly. Who would have thought you were the romantic dreamer type. I always had you as cold and calculated. Illay ubderneath all that you are a big softie lol

VixR

Veritas
In an ideal world no....so i agree. But this is not ideal world so its ugly. Who would have thought you were the romantic dreamer type. I always had you as cold and calculated. Illay ubderneath all that you are a big softie lol
What's irrational is letting go of my own happiness for people who’re threatening abandonment.

I'd drop a woman that was willing to cut ties with her family for me. People find it romantic, but I see a great deal of trouble down the line. You can say that such women are self-absorbed, impulsive, selfish, with no regard to how her actions affect the people around her, and no loyalty based that single choice.

Last edited:
I'd drop a woman that was willing to cut ties with her family for me. People find that romantic, but I see a great deal of trouble down the line. You can say that such women are self-absorbed, impulsive, selfish, with no regard to how her actions affect the people around her, and no loyalty based that single choice.
Thank you....exactly what I said before. Says a lot about her convictions and loyalty. If she can drop her whole family fir me....imagine how easy she can droo me tomorrow

VixR

Veritas
You mean you are.....you choose a man you recently met over them. They gave you a choose.....you made the choice
You’d have a point if I were the one making the condition. In the event the parents are, not only is it ineffective. It’s as good as telling me I’m dead to you. They’re telling you they’re willing to sever family ties. There’s not much else to be said.

Trending

Latest posts