Somali Girl on Tiktok Speaks about Ex-Hijabis

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you guys think? I agree with her. Many of my somali friends would be forced to wear hijab and long skirts and would take them off on the bus to school. I am grateful to have never been forced to wear the hijab so I wear it happily. But I empathize with girls like the ones she’s speaking about. Somalis especially have an issue with forcing hijab on very young girls, and shaming girls and women who choose not to wear it. That is not the way to do it in my opinion.

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
First of all, in Islam it is forbidden to force a woman to wear the hijab

The truth is that most teenage girls today who wear the hijab is only to copy their other muslim friends/ for mode and also the pressure of their parents. That’s why you see at lot of them don’t wearing hijab in a good way but showing curves/having a massive amount of makeup/not covering awra ect.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
First of all, in Islam it is forbidden to force a woman to wear the hijab

The truth is that most teenage girls today who wear the hijab is only to copy their other muslim friends/ for mode and also the pressure of their parents. That’s why you see at lot of them don’t wearing hijab in a good way but showing curves/having a massive amount of makeup/not covering awra ect.
Exactly my point. It's very sad and unfortunate, and very often people are cruel towards these young girls and minimize their struggles.

OffTheDome

Proud American
Honestly we need to force the hijab on our sisters and daughters, especially in this western society that we live in where kaafir beliefs are being pushed 24/7. They should be given no other choice.

Allah ﷻ tells those who believe to save themselves and their families from the Fire. We are Muslims, so the Hijab must be enforced.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Honestly we need to force the hijab on our sisters and daughters, especially in this western society that we live in where kaafir beliefs are being pushed 24/7. They should be given no other choice.

Allah ﷻ tells those who believe to save themselves and their families from the Fire. We are Muslims, so the Hijab must be enforced.
We shouldn't be forcing anyone. All that does is breed resentment, I've seen it. How can you learn to love and accept something that was forced upon you? How can you love and respect the deen if the way it was taught to you was through abuse? You can guide people but you can never force them

Why do you guys always have to exaggerate? Most Somali girls who wore the hijab growing up continue to do so up to their adult years without a problem. It's Somali girls who made wearing it stylish, when Arab/Desi girls would wear those weird jeans with them frills on the ankles. :dead:

Just say you took it off because of peer pressure, which is understandable when you're a young teen.

I can't stand women who want to speak for everyone else

I've never had a struggle with my hijab alhamdulliah because I prayed and I never have had an inferiority complex yearning for attention of a sexual nature from others for gratification and love, I have received love and don't have to beg for cheap attention and that's the truth, let's be real

I've never had a struggle with my hijab alhamdulliah because I prayed and I never have had an inferiority complex yearning for attention of a sexual nature from others for gratification and love, I have received love and don't have to beg for cheap attention and that's the truth, let's be real
Say wallahi you are a female

Thought u was a guy this whole time

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I do not, nor have I worn a headscarf (partly from how I was brought up). However, I had a conversation with an emotionally mature sister with a very honest stance. She had worn the hijab without interruption and seemed to devote herself to her faith/convictions.

She said anyone who says their commitment to the hijab has not fluctuated is often being dishonest. It was natural to; however, these are merely private thoughts and not acted upon. Rather a commitment to something greater than validation seeking from others pushes her to keep it on and remain stalwart. That was a commendable and authentic response.

Your a girl ? The hell is up with your display pic

Ajeeb

I do not, nor have I worn a headscarf (partly from how I was brought up). However, I had a conversation with a sister who was the emotionally mature and very honest stance. She had worn the hijab without interruption and seemed to devote herself to her faith/convictions.

She said anyone who says their commitment to the hijab has not fluctuated is often being dishonest. It was natural to; however, these are merely private thoughts and not acted upon. Rather a commitment to something greater than validation seeking from others pushes her to keep it on and remain stalwart. That was a commendable and authentic response.

I'm still listening of that recording of your voice it's great SLEEP aid . Like a fan that numbs out the noise from outside .

I will never understand how someone can wake up every morning and say to themselves "I'm going to willingly disobey my creators order and I will do it in a public way". How do people even do the mental gymnastics to justify that kind of action. Your lord told you to cover, so cover! Don't make it complicated. And why is this tiktoker criticizing parents making their daughters wear hijabs, should a father let his young daughter go out exposing herself?

It's a dilema. Hijab maybe should be forced just like Salah. I know it's not as important and it doesn't take you out of the fold but if you daughters takes off hijab, you'll watch them on Too hot to handle soon.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Why do you guys always have to exaggerate? Most Somali girls who wore the hijab growing up continue to do so up to their adult years without a problem. It's Somali girls who made wearing it stylish, when Arab/Desi girls would wear those weird jeans with them frills on the ankles. :dead:

Just say you took it off because of peer pressure, which is understandable when you're a young teen.
I still wear it, learn to read. And I'm friends with many Somali girls and I've seen this a lot. There is a huge social pressure in our community to wear hijab, and when a girl chooses not to she's viewed as a dirty woman and people insult her. Don't lie

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
It's a dilema. Hijab maybe should be forced just like Salah. I know it's not as important and it doesn't take you out of the fold but if you daughters takes off hijab, you'll watch them on Too hot to handle soon.
Forcing someone only causes disdain. Best to educate and encourage but never force