Somali girl adopted by Mormon parents

Under Islam, "adopted" kids aren't entitled to provisions from the parents, no inheritance and still considered non-mahram. Under such parameters is there any adoption going on? It's more of a foster dynamic imo.

You're right, its more of a fostering dynamic. But I don't see what the issue is to legally adopt them, so that these kids can be raised in a Muslim Somali environment, as long as the Islamic laws regarding adoption is followed.
I saw some documentary a few years ago exposing slavery-like conditions of adopted Somali kids by Somali parents. They were forced to do more household chores than the other kids and complaints were made by child protection services about this. Don't remember the name of the docu, was a long time ago.

Of course this could just be an anomaly and not the norm.

Not suprised at all. I've heard of lots of cases of young kids being mistreated by their step-mums, aunts ect. Its not unheard of for kids to be mistreated when they're not living with their mum. Some families treat those kids like the help, like mini free maids they don't have to pay at the end of the month.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Everybody knowing each other is why Somali’s don’t foster/adopt Somali kids. There are lots of older women in London whose own children have grown up and then foster younger kids, but the real mother’s family nearly always take liberties which could get them in trouble - visits that aren’t allowed, wanting to take the kids out etc It’s less stressful for them to foster non-Somali kids.

Everybody knowing each other is why Somali’s don’t foster/adopt Somali kids. There are lots of older women in London whose own children have grown up and then foster younger kids, but the real mother’s family nearly always take liberties which could get them in trouble - visits that aren’t allowed, wanting to take the kids out etc It’s less stressful for them to foster non-Somali kids.

Hmm interesting. I didn't know this.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
That's a new one. I've never heard in my life orphans who ended up in orphanage when they have a family. Even if an orphan for some odd reason doesn't have an extended family in the same country, a distant relative will adopt him/her. This Somali rule has never been broken. Back home, almost every other family has at least a relative that live with them.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
That's a new one. I've never heard in my life orphans who ended up in orphanage when they have a family. Even if an orphan for some odd reason doesn't have an extended family in the same country, a distant relative will adopt him/her. This Somali rule has never been broken. Back home, almost every other family has at least a relative that live with them.

Surprisingly there's a lot. There are many international organizations that support and provide orphans a shelter who have lost their parents from disease or civil war. You'll find plenty of orphanage centers in every major city.

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Surprisingly there's a lot. There are many international organizations that support and provide orphans a shelter who have lost their parents from disease or civil war. You'll find plenty of orphanage centers in every major city.

Bro I'm not blind or deaf and I don't need to read articles about Somalis in somalia From useless NGOs. When a child knows his father or mother's qabiil, the possibility of him/her ending up in orphanage is 1 in a million unless the child benefits from staying at the orphanage because they'll have access to better education. Long time ago, Some Djiboutian families used to give their children to Catholic orphanage in the hopes their children will be educated.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Bro I'm not blind or deaf and I don't need to read articles about Somalis in somalia From useless NGOs. When a child knows his father or mother's qabiil, the possibility of him/her ending up in orphanage is 1 in a million unless the child benefits from staying at the orphanage because they'll have access to better education. Long time ago, Some Djiboutian families used to give their children to Catholic orphanage in the hopes their children will be educated.

No one referred to you as blind or deaf. I showed you a link that there are orphanage centers out there where orphan kids actually stay. Whether their relatives don't bother adopting them because they receive good support or whatnot isn't the point.

reer

VIP

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
No one referred to you as blind or deaf. I showed you a link that there are orphanage centers out there where orphan kids actually stay. Whether their relatives don't bother adopting them because they receive good support or whatnot isn't the point.
I was pointing out that somalis aren't people who abandoned their orphan/homeless relatives.
Too much maansuq maansuq happens in somalia unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if half the children at that orphanage have living parents masquerading their children as orphans to take advantage of the system. In hargeisa, a whistle blower from a Qatari boarding school meant for orphan children revealed that 3/4 of the kids weren't orphans. Somalis can be heartless when they do things for their own benefits.

I have a relative back home that adopted a newborn baby that was left behind by her young mother. The baby was underweight and had bruises all over her tiny body. Alhamdulillah she grew up to be a healthy, energetic toddler :it0tdo8:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Sometimes the Swedish state targets Somalis because they are the most disorganized community, the only organize into clan groups which is impractical in the greater scheme of things.

Not only Sweden, but Norway too. They are more extreme apparently.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Don't people generally adopt relatives in a pinch at least? I have an adoptive older sister (long story). What happened was that her aabo passed away when she was little and her mom had about 11 kids with him which was now going to be too much for her to handle alone so several relatives took some of the kids off her hands. One uncle took two sons, an aunt took two daughters, my mom took my sister and so on like that. I've heard many such stories over the years.

That’s what happened when my grandfather died. My father was fostered by his paternal uncle and then by his maternal aunt.