Somali girl adopted by Mormon parents

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
Why do so many Somalis have mental health problems?
Uhh... I don't know maybe because there was a civil war in the country and that caused a lot of trauma and dysfunction amongst our people. :childplease:

What kind of question is that? :what:

Apollo

VIP
She appears to have a good life.

Her gaalo family are dairy farmers, and their dairy farm has been has been ranked the best managed in all of Canada in awards.

Here's her abo

Are you also still getting adoptee connections on 23andme?

Most of them seem to be getting adopted from Ethiopia.

I get these every couple of weeks. I can tell by their weird Western names.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Are you also still getting adoptee connections on 23andme?

Most of them seem to be getting adopted from Ethiopia.

I get these every couple of weeks. I can tell by their weird Western names.

I finally got one living in Ethiopia last month and he wrote on his profile that he is looking for his parents. He's a 4th cousin.

All the other adopted ones in my list are in North America. They all live in upper middle class households and in loving families. They have fully cadaan names and one was even in a garage band. I thought those didn't exist anymore hehe. So retro. He was looking to just find out what his ethnicity was, not look for his birth family.

I always ignored full Somalis as they are boring and signed up to confirm their fake Arab lineage but they are now my favourite people to speak to ONLY if they are adopted or have been abandoned to the state. My other favourite people are half Somalis who are looking for their birth families. One girl was searching for her abo after a one night stand with her cadaan hoyoo back in the late 80s in college. He used the name Jamal. I am pleased to report I know exactly who her abo is and he drives for the public transportation system. He is not called Jamal but the most quintessential Somali name. Family members of mine knew him back then and wondered why I am asking about him hehe

Apollo

VIP
I finally got one living in Ethiopia last month and he wrote on his profile that he is looking for his parents. He's a 4th cousin.

All the other adopted ones in my list are in North America. They all live in upper middle class households and in loving families. They have fully cadaan names and one was even in a garage band. I thought those didn't exist anymore hehe. So retro. He was looking to just find out what his ethnicity was, not look for his birth family.

I also got some who were adopted in Sweden and one who is middle aged and got adopted by Italians.

Peculiar people, they have Somali hardware, but Cadaan software.

I always ignored full Somalis as they are boring and signed up to confirm their fake Arab lineage

Lol, that used to be the case early on, but as the myth got busted Somalis are now testing for other reasons. Nowadays, most are just taking it out of curiocity and often because of hearing about 23andMe either on YouTube, Reddit, or from Facebook friends posting about their results. Taking 23andMe / Ancestry.com type of normie genetics tests has really become mainstream. Even in real life I heard a handful of friends talking about their ancestry results (I never talk about genetics in real life, they initiated).

I think in two decades from now, knowing your haplogroups will be as common as knowing your horoscope.

My other favourite people are half Somalis who are looking for their birth families. One girl was searching for her abo after a one night stand with her cadaan hoyoo back in the late 80s in college. He used the name Jamal. I am pleased to report I know exactly who her abo is and he drives for the public transportation system. He is not called Jamal but the most quintessential Somali name. Family members of mine knew him back then and wondered why I am asking about him hehe

Interesting.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I always ignored full Somalis as they are boring and signed up to confirm their fake Arab lineage but they are now my favourite people to speak to ONLY if they are adopted or have been abandoned to the state. My other favourite people are half Somalis who are looking for their birth families. One girl was searching for her abo after a one night stand with her cadaan hoyoo back in the late 80s in college. He used the name Jamal. I am pleased to report I know exactly who her abo is and he drives for the public transportation system. He is not called Jamal but the most quintessential Somali name. Family members of mine knew him back then and wondered why I am asking about him hehe

So a Somali bus driver named Abdi or Faraax. Gotcha.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Don't people generally adopt relatives in a pinch at least? I have an adoptive older sister (long story). What happened was that her aabo passed away when she was little and her mom had about 11 kids with him which was now going to be too much for her to handle alone so several relatives took some of the kids off her hands. One uncle took two sons, an aunt took two daughters, my mom took my sister and so on like that. I've heard many such stories over the years.

My father's brother was a hard-working businessman in Hargeisa and looked after his three kids. He, unfortunately, died very young at his work for not using his protective gear and his wife would die a year later from an unknown illness. They left behind three children, two sons, and one daughter. My father brought them all to Canada and they lived with my family. My noble mother treated them like her own kids and my father told me and my siblings when we were very young that they aren't your cousins but brothers and sisters. We became a big family and now my two first cousins who are males grew up to become an accountant and computer hardware engineer while my first female cousin is currently studying medicine.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
My father's brother was a hard-working businessman in Hargeisa and looked after his three kids. He, unfortunately, died very young at his work for not using his protective gear and his wife would die a year later from an unknown illness. They left behind three children, two sons, and one daughter. My father brought them all to Canada and they lived with my family. My noble mother treated them like her own kids and my father told me and my siblings when we were very young that they aren't your cousins but brothers and sisters. We became a big family and now my two first cousins who are males grew up to become an accountant and Computer Hardware Engineer while my first female cousin is currently studying medicine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I also got some who were adopted in Sweden and one who is middle aged and got adopted by Italians.

Lol, that used to be the case early on, but as the myth got busted Somalis are now testing for other reasons. Nowadays, most are just taking it out of curiocity and often because of hearing about 23andMe either on YouTube, Reddit, or from Facebook friends posting about their results. Taking 23andMe / Ancestry.com type of normie genetics tests has really become mainstream. Even in real life I heard a handful of friends talking about their ancestry results (I never talk about genetics in real life, they initiated).

I think in two decades from now, knowing your haplogroups will be as common as knowing your horoscope.

Interesting.

I wonder if those adopted kids end up marrying cadaans or non Somali madows.

Apollo

VIP

I saw some documentary a few years ago exposing slavery-like conditions of adopted Somali kids by Somali parents. They were forced to do more household chores than the other kids and complaints were made by child protection services about this. Don't remember the name of the docu, was a long time ago.

Of course this could just be an anomaly and not the norm.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I saw some documentary a few years ago exposing slavery-like conditions of adopted Somali kids by Somali parents. They were forced to do more household chores than the other kids and complaints were made by child protection services about this. Don't remember the name of the docu, was a long time ago.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
😂😂😂😂

So did she meet her aabo? What was it like if she did?

I'm debating whether to tell her. She does deserve to know who he is. He has grown kids who are married themselves. Imagine the shock they would get. He must have had super sperm. It was only 1 encounter lol.

reer

VIP

Interesting.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Awwww, they're like Cinderella!

Jk, jk. I accept going to nar for that one.

michael jordan laughing GIF

Can't see tiktoks for some reason, but hope she is in a good place. Mormons are usually very religious, hope they're liberal and are only culturally mormon.

Trending

Latest posts