Somali fishermen get annihilated by cadaan private security guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
There are NO pirates, fishermen who have a right to defend their waters. Imagine burglars stealing your fish, your only source of income and make you seem the monster.
The recently freed Aris 13 was headed to Muqdisho which benefits the economy of SOMALIA. You have to be dense to support pirates hijacking a ship heading to your own country's port.

That pirate boat ran straight to the ship in a threatening way and piracy way and we don't know if the cargo ship was or wasn't in the high seas. If they were fishermen, they could have turned away, raised white flags or lit flares to communicate with the ship that their intentions are peaceful. But let's us be very clear, piracy is not good for the Somali economy. Since we don't own Somali ships, our imports and exports rely and require foreign vessels and these vessels are heavily insured because of piracy and they pass these additional costs on the business people and that means these value added imports and exports to the consumers and food and other imported stuff become expensive. If these fishing boats are in distress, no one will give them assistance because of piracy concerns. Though there are genuine concerns of foreign vessels pirating Somali fishery resources, I don't support piracy. There are other ways to address the problem. I've first hand information that many of these illegal fishing vessels have being issued with permits by corrupt dawlad goboleed officials and they should be investigated. Piracy should cease and the only way to do is show force these pirate boas,

Look what the Russian Navy did to a stationary Somali pirate mothership and the pirate boats. It obliterated the whole boats and their occupants.

Russian Navy vs. Somali Pirates

If this is a cargo ship, why are these 'fishermen' approaching it?
They are practising an age old Somali philosophy called iska wax ku qabso,also known as streets gotta eat .there are no jobs in Somalia ,drought is raging and fellows ribs are showing under their shirts . I don't condone these mj and Hawiye bandits ,but streets gotta eat ,so I can not judge them either .wa billahi tawfiq .abti !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts